Well...went to my local Ford dealership to do my 16,000 KM service. I said I'll just wait in their waiting room/lounge. As much as there was a 42" plasma TV with full cable, magazines galore plus many copies of today's paper...I opted to get myself a cup of their complimentary coffee, find a nice area and bring out my Z10 to do some emailing, BBMing, web browsing, facebooking, youtubing and whatsapping.

My appointment was at 7:45 this morning and after arriving and giving my keys to the service advisor, the time I opened my phone once seated was 7:55am.

So away I go...completely engaged on my Z10. Then I get Mr. ---, Your car is ready and I say OK. I get up and look at the time and it was 12:15.

So aside from going to the bathroom once and getting a second cup of coffee...I was on my Z10 for 4 hours and 20 minutes straight.

When I left this morning, I had 100% battery. After using it as mentioned above for a straight 4 hours and 20 minutes...I was at 55%.

After leaving the dealership...went to the grocery store and called my wife to see what I needed to get plus 3 (5 minute) calls to clients. Also replied to some work emails and few more BBMs.

Just got home now and its 2pm and my battery is at 10%.

Considering what I did especially during the straight 4 hours and 20 minutes...the battery definitely held very well. I didn't even use the dealership's free wifi since I'm on a 6gb plan. The network (Telus) switched back and forth from HSPA + and LTE but the majority while waiting at the dealership was HSPA+

Has anyone else used their Z10s for four hours straight or more?

Now gonna recharge her back to full power and have 'er ready.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 04:03 PM
    That's some good stuff!!

I've used my phone for about 3 hrs straight two weeks ago at a conference adding new contacts, making calls, sending emails, bbms, texts, and looking up websites.

It went down to 40%...it wasn't too bad for me!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 04:35 PM
    Nice! Now when I have a chance...wanna try the same thing but it pure LTE coverage to see how the 4 hours of straight use holds out.

Posted via CB10
    kb1234 likes this.
    04-10-13 04:59 PM
    I've found that my battery life has increased drastically as the phone settled in. After owning the phone for several weeks now my day has increased from around 8 hours for the first week of two and has now settled in around 12 hours. I really can't believe it. I don't even need my extra battery until after 5pm. Even on my 9900 it was swapped by 4 every day.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 05:31 PM
    Nice! Now when I have a chance...wanna try the same thing but it pure LTE coverage to see how the 4 hours of straight use holds out.

Posted via CB10
    Lte is a hog. It is by far the biggest single drain on battery - for me, makes as big a difference as all the screen settings combined.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 05:39 PM
    The most non stop use i have gotten in one day is when I watched YouTube for 5 hours. The phone went from 100-5% in five hours, it was on the whole five hours non stop and streaming on lte.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 05:41 PM
    Unfortunately mine is the total opposite. I find myself missing the battery efficiency of my 9900.
    I could go without needing to charge that thing for a good 48 hours.
    The z10 is awesome and all but the battery... good lord. It doesn't even last me half a day.
    I turned off LTE because, well... we don't have it here in Dallas just yet so no point in having it on. My screen brightness is set to 50% all the time and I don't leave any apps open... I do check Facebook every now and again and watch a couple of youtube videos and whatnot. If I use the browser, forget it, that thing drains my battery like crazy. Not sure what I can do about it, other than wait for an update. Thinking of selling the phone and waiting for the Q10 or maybe getting an iPhone? Idk... Suggestions?
    04-10-13 05:59 PM
    Wow...pure streaming on LTE for 5 hours straight. Don't think I'll be streaming straight since I use my Z10 for work as per my original post. (emailing, BBMing, whatsapping and Internet for research data).

Still though...not bad for 100% - 5% in 5 hours straight youtube streaming on LTE.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 05:59 PM
    Well...went to my local Ford dealership to do my 16,000 KM service. I said I'll just wait in their waiting room/lounge. As much as there was a 42" plasma TV with full cable, magazines galore plus many copies of today's paper...I opted to get myself a cup of their complimentary coffee, find a nice area and bring out my Z10 to do some emailing, BBMing, web browsing, facebooking, youtubing and whatsapping.

My appointment was at 7:45 this morning and after arriving and giving my keys to the service advisor, the time I opened my phone once seated was 7:55am.

So away I go...completely engaged on my Z10. Then I get Mr. ---, Your car is ready and I say OK. I get up and look at the time and it was 12:15.

So aside from going to the bathroom once and getting a second cup of coffee...I was on my Z10 for 4 hours and 20 minutes straight.

When I left this morning, I had 100% battery. After using it as mentioned above for a straight 4 hours and 20 minutes...I was at 55%.

After leaving the dealership...went to the grocery store and called my wife to see what I needed to get plus 3 (5 minute) calls to clients. Also replied to some work emails and few more BBMs.

Just got home now and its 2pm and my battery is at 10%.

Considering what I did especially during the straight 4 hours and 20 minutes...the battery definitely held very well. I didn't even use the dealership's free wifi since I'm on a 6gb plan. The network (Telus) switched back and forth from HSPA + and LTE but the majority while waiting at the dealership was HSPA+

Has anyone else used their Z10s for four hours straight or more?

Now gonna recharge her back to full power and have 'er ready.

Posted via CB10
    I use my Z10 daily like this. Honestly I don't know if it's humanly possible for Anyone to use a phone as much as I do. I am a power user to the tenth degree. Every free moment I have either my PlayBook or my Z10 is in my hands. No joke. My loved ones and clients think I'm fanatical.

Sent from my loooong waited for BlackBerry Z10
    04-10-13 06:12 PM
    I use my Z10 daily like this. Honestly I don't know if it's humanly possible for Anyone to use a phone as much as I do. I am a power user to the tenth degree. Every free moment I have either my PlayBook or my Z10 is in my hands. No joke. My loved ones and clients think I'm fanatical.

Sent from my loooong waited for BlackBerry Z10
    That's how it should be! Hiding under a tree during a rain shower browsing the web!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:36 PM
    That's some pretty good usage there.

It also sounds like nice quality time with your Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:38 PM
    Today I did about the same but all on wifi. After 4 hours I went down to 40% dis a full charge and the content use until now and it's showing 30%.

I need to remember to shut off hour tooth while I'm home as there's no need to bridge while in wifi. That I have to say is a data hog

What moves you, my Z10!
    04-10-13 07:22 PM