I think I will.
    03-17-13 07:42 AM
    Nah.. I'd trade my spare Z10 for one though lol.
    revtech likes this.
    03-17-13 07:51 AM
    Nope wouldnt trade the z10 for a q10 even though i absolutely loved my 9900, 9780 and 9000 before the z10. But the keyboard on the z10 is out of this world, its like a keyboard on steroids.
    Strange thing is that the other day i went back to my 9900 as i wanted to see if i really missed the QWERTY, the thing is i didnt...not single bit. In fact i found the 9900 a bit cumbersome to use due to me getting used to the z10 keyboard.
    The other reason why i wont be trading or selling my z10 for the Q10 is that id miss the big screen on the Z10...the q10 screen i feel is too small.

But saying that, im looking forward to trying one out when they are released.
    03-17-13 07:55 AM
    Will need to have both (at least initially) as part of our testing, so will be comparing, but it's highly unlikely I would want to change, I'm used to the screen estate and the keyboard is fine for my fat fingers.
    03-17-13 07:58 AM
    I would trade my Z10 for a Q10. The things what I'd miss would be flicking words up the keyboard, and the larger screen.

My 9900 keys now feel tiny after not using it much since getting the Z10. The Q10 will feel amazing.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 07:58 AM
    I'm on the fence. I love my Z10 but there are times where I do miss the physical keyboard. For whatever reason, the Z10 keyboard just hasn't grown on me. I think the swiping is fantastic, but it just hasn't become second nature to me. I've had it since launch day but maybe I'm just a slow learner.

If I did decide to swtich, I would definitely miss the larger screen. That thing is a beauty.
    03-17-13 08:03 AM
    I'm doing like another poster mentioned and getting the Q10 as well, no matter how hard i try i still can't be as efficient on this Z10 with its virtual keyboard... the screen is nice but my 9900 screen was never too small, if ever i needed to see something bigger i would hold it closer to my face... problem solved! the new high res screen on the Q10 should be magnificent, especially being an OLED lit screen... i guess i just miss my qwerty a lil too much <3

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:09 AM
    Nope love this keyboard too much. As much as I love qwerty keyboards coming from a 9780 this adaptive keyboard with the heat sync is the best touch keypad on the market.

It's easily won me over I love how it adjusts easily to you and there is no terrible autocorrect like the iphone keyboard or awkwardly looking all over for keys on the note 2. The more you type the better it gets. Takes a few days to learn your style but it's golden after that. I also get extra screen real estate for media/browsing and to edit create documents which is big for me as someone who deals daily with a lot of files.

I know some people are extreme power users who send out hundreds of emails a day so the better battery life of the q10 and physical keyboard may be better for them though.

CB10- z10
    03-17-13 08:16 AM
    Hmnn...mm just tried putting the accent over the e in Jose and CB10 doesn't show it at all. Had to put in a normal e instead. Me thinks an oversight by the app. : (

Posted via CB10 via my awesome Z10
    Hold down on the e letter it will show up. Just tried it. Also check your language default settings. Mine came stock with US English had to switch it to Canadian since it would give me a mispell error on something like 'favourites'.

CB10- z10
    03-17-13 08:20 AM
    I am getting it , the day it launches..
    waiting for it ..
    03-17-13 08:27 AM
    Hold down on the e letter it will show up. Just tried it. Also check your language default settings. Mine came stock with US English had to switch it to Canadian since it would give me a mispell error on something like 'favourites'.

CB10- z10
    Yes, it works OK ever where else for text input no problem, but not in the CB10 replies.
    Typing Jos again with the accent which it shows me when I type it in the reply box, but when I post the comment the letter and accent dissappear. : (

03-17-13 08:31 AM
    Yes, it works OK ever where else for text input no problem, but not in the CB10 replies.
    Typing Jos again with the accent which it shows me when I type it in the reply box, but when I post the comment the letter and accent dissappear. : (

See, the e with the accent has gone. This is an issue with CB10 and Not my settings.

03-17-13 08:32 AM
    Coming from using the 8830, 9630, and the 9700, I am used to the BlackBerry keyboard. I would type so much that the tips of my thumbs would be sore at the end of the day. It got to the point where I started to shorten my responses, even though I was typing with a physical keyboard. I got to the point where I relied on autotext a lot so I could shorten the amount of typing I did (I created a lot of substitutions).

With the Z10, I was chatting with someone and scrolled up to see the conversation. To my surprise, I had probably written more in that one chat than I had in a long time. The virtual keyboard is really good, and having the word predictions right on the keys makes it so easy. At this time, I couldn't see going back to a physical keyboard. I'm really starting to rely on the ability to flick words up from the keys.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    03-17-13 08:33 AM
    See, the e with the accent has gone. This is an issue with CB10 and Not my settings.

this is a test of every e with an accent

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 141884

Your correct, CB10 app removes special characters
    knighty2112 and Just Me like this.
    03-17-13 08:48 AM
    this is a test of every e with an accent

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 141884

Your correct, CB10 app removes special characters
    Thanks. Didn't think I was going crazy. : )

03-17-13 08:54 AM
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:59 AM
    Call me a dinosaur, but I realized I need my keys. Used my Dev Alpha A as my daily driver for a month before I sent it back and had to go back temporarily to my 9800. I didn't realize how much I missed my keys. Can't wait to get my Dev Alpha C!
    03-17-13 09:09 AM
    I probably would if given the opportunity to switch. What I have come to realize is that I don't do anything now on my Z10 that I was not doing on my 9790 except for playing games. What I miss most is my 9700. It was small, comfortable to hold, efficient to use and the battery lasted forever.

The Q10 looks like it will be comfortable, it will have a beautiful OS, it will have killer battery life, a great camera, wifi hotspot. In short it will have all the good things my 9700 had along with all the things I wished it had. The 9790 was nearly perfect, but battery life sucked and the OS was clunky.

Posted via CB10
    spike12 likes this.
    03-17-13 09:19 AM
    I'd have to agree with some of the earlier posters. I had a 9800 and I miss the physical keyboard but I don't think I could give up this screen real estate. A slider would be nice

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 09:26 AM
    I thought I would never go full touch, but I did and I don't see myself going for the Q10. I'm loving the Z10. Best virtual keyboard and the screen real estate is hard to give up for a smaller screen.
    ^^^ This.

Now when I go back to my 9900, it feels ancient and outdated. The buttons feel clumsy.

Z10 all the way.
    03-17-13 09:28 AM
    I said I would never own a touch screen again after my last (HTC) years ago
    Then had a Tour, and then the 9800.
    Now, I am LOVING the touch on the Z10, and probably wouldn't go for the Q now.
    The expected better battery has my interest though.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 09:35 AM
    Like a previous poster - my thumbs would often be sore at the end of the day from so much typing on my curve. I don't have that on my Z10 and yet I'm typing much more fuller conversations - mostly because it's so effortless and a joy to use.

The one thing I miss from my physical keyboard is the shortcuts. I used a lot of shortcuts. With the Z10 I don't have those, but I find the UI to be so thoughtfully integrated and the apps load so fast that I'm not really too bad off. The one I do miss though is U to find an unread email.

I'll be sticking with the Z10. Can't wait for my brother-in-law to get his Q10 though so I can play with it.
    03-17-13 09:42 AM
    For me no way I will trade my Z10.....now that said I will be buying a Q10 as well. The beauty of GSM networks...just swap out the sim when I want to switch and I'm good to go. Probably will use the Q for work...great for communication throughout the day and better battery life. Get home pop it in the Z and use it out and at home.
    laintencion32 likes this.
    03-17-13 09:50 AM
    Can't say for sure since i dont have Q in my hands yet, I will buy one either way then decide.

But im thinking no i won't switch i like my z10 and the keyboard is awesome.
    03-17-13 09:59 AM
    After using the z10 from 31 Jan, there's no turning back for me. I love my big screen.
    03-17-13 10:15 AM
138 1234 ...