You blame BlackBerry for no rbc and instagram app? ... how about you blame RBC AND INSTAGRAM.... They make the apps...

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    Yes Dave I was of that position since they day this phone was released. Unfortunately a multi billion dollar company should have more clout than me. I've since changed my stance a little on these excuses.
    If users want an instagram app in order to choose a platform, BlackBerry needs to get it done. Period.
    Me emailing developers won't stop the hemmorage of 2-3 million users a quarter.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    07-03-13 11:14 PM
    Love this phone! I would definitely get another Z10... no question

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:21 PM
    BB need to take some cash and "incentify" the top app makers to port their apps. More cash when its a native app. This is also normal practice. Then BB need to get fancier with marketing - look at Samsung. Create a lifestyle aura. I'm happy with the Z10, best phone I've had.
    07-04-13 01:12 AM
    Yep. Just get another z10, or maybe the q10. Toss up tween the two, but definitley staying with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:13 AM
    No I wouldn't.
    I'm not saying it's a bad phone, but it has nothing special in it. I like hub a lot, but there are several basic feature missing on the os. Random reboot, battery drainage, and the fact that application is coming very slow also a problem for me.

I will wait until 10.2 before decide to switch to other brand.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:28 AM
    I'd replace my Z10 in a heartbeat, unless the A10 was available.
    Only if thus ficticios A10 was teal and lived up to the hype.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:41 AM
    Would absolutely buy another z10. I love my PB but knew os10 was a no-go due to ram limitation. It's still a great device. My Z was A Problem because of the random reboot issue, but because it's a BB, it was easy to install the leaked os that fixed it. Shouldn't have taken as long as it did to get the fix and it should have been released by V weeks and weeks ago, but EVERY platform has its early adopters problems. Everytime someone plays with my Z they are stunned and amazed. Then they find out its a BB and they look incredulous.
    07-04-13 03:58 AM
    The iPad gets a hardware refresh every year, yes. But the only one that got screwed over on the OS front was the original one. The other versions will be able to run iOS7. So your arguement is kind of moot.
    07-04-13 04:20 AM
    Would absolutely buy another z10. I love my PB but knew os10 was a no-go due to ram limitation. It's still a great device. .
    every single available desktop or mobile OS runs fine with 1GB RAM and 1GHz CPU.
    Every single one.

Windows 8 desktop
    Mac OS X
    Linux
    Android 4
    Windows Phone 8
    Windows RT
    iOS 7
    Symbian
    Web OS
    Tizen
    MeeGo
    Sailfish by Jolla
    07-04-13 04:51 AM
    Yes I will buy a z10 again, maybe q10 or q5

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    07-04-13 04:52 AM
    Only if thus ficticios A10 was teal and lived up to the hype.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's teal. Only black and white.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    cdnynot and Vorkosigan like this.
    07-04-13 05:44 AM
    No. Due to lack of support for the PlayBook and with ios7 coming I would go to the apple camp. Not only do they get support and upgrades they also have the best app selection.
    If you want to be in the mobile computing business then you need a phone and tablet ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 06:18 AM
    You do know that iOS 5 is available for the iPad 1, don't you?

Edit: This may help:

iPad Operating System Compatibility & iPad Updates @ EveryiPad.com

Posted via CB10
    The playbook is original ! The original ipad does not support an ios upgrade to the latest os. The second generation Ipad only supports a partial upgrade. We have received many upgrades with the playbook but the hardware has finally run it's course and will not support the latest operating system.
    07-04-13 07:08 AM
    PlayBook hardware is more than capable.

PlayBook LTE is only few months older than Z10

3 years old ipad will get newest iOS7
    07-04-13 08:26 AM
    Lol...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:56 AM
    I don't think it's teal. Only black and white.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Lol...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:57 AM
    i would. i still love my Z to death. luckily, i caught the 10.1 att update, so MANY bugs are fixed... but even without..a resounding YES.

beautiful phone. beautiful screen size.
    07-04-13 09:00 AM
    I would get the Z10 again. However, if a PlayBook option is not going to be available, then a bridge to an iPad would be killer. I have 2 PB devices and now will be converting to using the iPad primarily due to the size. Not supporting bb10 on the PB has let me down though...so buying the PB would not have happened if I knew then what we know now.

I Z10 phone still needs the apps but it is a good device and performs well especially with a leaked os. I have given BlackBerry credit to a successful career for the past decade and will continue to use the products as they remain competitive.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 09:01 AM
    No. It will be a long while before I put my hard earned money into a BlackBerry device, if they survive that long.
    07-04-13 09:44 AM
    The playbook is original ! The original ipad does not support an ios upgrade to the latest os. The second generation Ipad only supports a partial upgrade. We have received many upgrades with the playbook but the hardware has finally run it's course and will not support the latest operating system.
    You are changing the discussion. You said:

If you had bought an Ipad you would have had to upgrade the hardware yearly.
    My question was only about the iPad, since I was unaware that it would be necessary to upgrade to the newest model of iPad annually in order to update the software.

Turns out, that information is incorrect. The iPad software is update able without the purchase of new hardware each year.

As for the PlayBook issue, no one is denying that the hardware is old or that it has had a couple of updates (ignoring the fact that the updates installed some basic functionality that should have been baked in from 1.0). The deal breaker on the PlayBook is that BB10 was promised and then that promise was broken.

If the issue us that the hardware us too old to rub BB10, fine. Just apologize and give the PlayBook owners a $200 trade in allowance when the purchase the new phablet or tablet issued by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by niss63; 07-04-13 at 11:57 AM.
    07-04-13 11:08 AM
    Z10 it's just that good !!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 10:38 PM
    I'd replace it with a Z10 no question! Absolutely love everything about this phone. I'd be really lost without it. Another member had a good point thought. If the A-Series was just around the corner, I would get that.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    07-04-13 10:45 PM
197 ... 678