So my z10 died on Monday completely wouldn't turn on at all and yes I did try battery pulls, hard reset switched battery from a friend's z10 still nothing like dead dead so lucky I thought hey I bought the insurance from Future Shop where I can trade it in and get another no questions asked simple so I thought.

So I head to my nearest Future Shop at Winston Churchill and 401 they look at it and say yup its dead I'm like yup so hand over my new z10 oh what carrier are you with I say rogers oh well we don't have any in stock right now I'm like ok when are you getting one in well sir our warehouse is out of stock and it's up to BlackBerry to send the warehouse the phones and it depends on them to ship them to us I'm like ok then order me a new one? So the manager says we don't do that I'm like are you kidding me ok so I see you have them on display over there and advertising under rogers contracts what if I was a new customer and wanted a z10? He says that they would tell them they are out of stock and would try to up sell them an iPhone or Android phone I'm like that is false advertising then this is bull **** so I ask him if he can look up if there is one at any other store, turns out there is one out of the box at the future shop at weston road ok fine I'll go there

Enter the weston road future shop go up to the IT repair booth same thing yup its dead ok I was told you have a out of the box z10 for rogers I want that one oh did you bring all the accessories that came with the phone I'm like no you have an out of the box phone it says right on the package accessories sold separately so why the heck would I give you all my accessories back so I would have to go over to your cell shop and buy them all back? Ok let me go talk to my manager see if I can do that lol 10 mins later he comes back say ok we can do that I say ok I'd like to see if it works first before I make a decision so it was out of battery he didn't even know how to turn it on or plug in the charger, so I waited another 10 mins till it turned on so I look at and say it's on demo mode you have to take that off before I walk out of here he says no when you put your sim card in it will work fine I'm like can I try that first cause you obviously don't know what your talking about he says no you cant you have to do that at customer service once you agree to switching it I'm so mad at this point I say fine let's go so I put my sim card in and sure as **** it asked me for the demo password I show it to them and say I'm not going to take this unless you fix this which no one in the store knew the password so the had to call BlackBerry support and ask them so they loaded link and restored to factory default and finally after 2 hours I walked away with a new out of the box phone that was still on 10.0.*** something but after updating and restoring from a backup I got everything back and it's running way better then my last z10

If that is true that they rely on blackberry to ship them phones and they have been out of stock for a while then why are they still advertising for rogers and why is BlackBerry allowing such ***** sales people that don't even know how to put the sim card, plug in the phone etc which I showed bother future shop IT departments how to do by the way to get away with this and tell people there out of stock so they can sell them an iPhone or Android phone and why the hell didn't I get a brand new in box phone I'm soooooo pissed off !

Worst

Sorry for the rant Im just hoping people at BlackBerry see this and put a stop to these miss informed idiots! They kept asking me why I wanted another one it's junk go with this phone or that phone I just kept saying you obviously don't know what your talking about lol

Sent from BlackBerry Z10
    bungaboy, zackoff96 and GSM-S like this.
    06-04-14 08:43 PM
    Hey you came all the way to my neck of the woods. Well, the last time I walked into Weston Rd Futureshop, their Z10 display was off. I turned it on and noticed it was still on an old OS. It is far and away from any other demo model tucked behind the wall with the BlackBerry accessories so nobody can see it. But, don't worry too much. If you take a look at their demo models for anything they are out of date. Their Windows Surface tablets are all still on 8.0. Anyway, at least you finally got you replacement. Mind you, I would not have thought buying their warranty was worth it if all you got was an open box possible display model. Oh and they are pretty dumb for asking for your accessories on top of that.
    06-04-14 08:54 PM
    Good job sticking to your guns! Not everyone would be as patient as you ( I would but we could be rare)

Clearly BlackBerry has a big shortfall in staffing in this area to have people bombard retailers with their presence for training and promos and just being present so they know BlackBerry is in it for the long haul.

Posted via CB10
    liltoadie likes this.
    06-04-14 08:54 PM
    I feel you its like the cell world has it out for BlackBerry. I got the same response when I went to get my Q10 why you switching from iPhone 5 to this phone BlackBerry has no apps. Who cares why I'm doing it. I thing BlackBerry is awesome and that's what matters forget about the apps the ones I use I have so I'm good. It's just a shame I'm hoping BlackBerry starts making money again cause it will be a shame if they

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 09:08 PM
    Go out of business. Here's to a turn around JC show the world what your working with

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 09:09 PM
    They need to hire BlackBerry fanatics locally to go around to these stores and show the product and train the store employees. They could pay me part time to work my area.

For the person on the move - BB10-10.3.0.296 /442 + Pebble
    06-04-14 09:16 PM
    Yep..... Future Shop can really suck sometimes.... you have more patience than I. It shows how pathetic their warranties are that they pressure you into buying.
    06-04-14 09:21 PM
    Honestly, this is why I don't shop at futureshop. Haven't for 5 years now.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-04-14 09:34 PM
    So my z10 died on Monday completely wouldn't turn on at all and yes I did try battery pulls, hard reset switched battery from a friend's z10 still nothing like dead dead so lucky I thought hey I bought the insurance from Future Shop where I can trade it in and get another no questions asked simple so I thought.

So I head to my nearest Future Shop at Winston Churchill and 401 they look at it and say yup its dead I'm like yup so hand over my new z10 oh what carrier are you with I say rogers oh well we don't have any in stock right now I'm like ok when are you getting one in well sir our warehouse is out of stock and it's up to BlackBerry to send the warehouse the phones and it depends on them to ship them to us I'm like ok then order me a new one? So the manager says we don't do that I'm like are you kidding me ok so I see you have them on display over there and advertising under rogers contracts what if I was a new customer and wanted a z10? He says that they would tell them they are out of stock and would try to up sell them an iPhone or Android phone I'm like that is false advertising then this is bull **** so I ask him if he can look up if there is one at any other store, turns out there is one out of the box at the future shop at weston road ok fine I'll go there

Enter the weston road future shop go up to the IT repair booth same thing yup its dead ok I was told you have a out of the box z10 for rogers I want that one oh did you bring all the accessories that came with the phone I'm like no you have an out of the box phone it says right on the package accessories sold separately so why the heck would I give you all my accessories back so I would have to go over to your cell shop and buy them all back? Ok let me go talk to my manager see if I can do that lol 10 mins later he comes back say ok we can do that I say ok I'd like to see if it works first before I make a decision so it was out of battery he didn't even know how to turn it on or plug in the charger, so I waited another 10 mins till it turned on so I look at and say it's on demo mode you have to take that off before I walk out of here he says no when you put your sim card in it will work fine I'm like can I try that first cause you obviously don't know what your talking about he says no you cant you have to do that at customer service once you agree to switching it I'm so mad at this point I say fine let's go so I put my sim card in and sure as **** it asked me for the demo password I show it to them and say I'm not going to take this unless you fix this which no one in the store knew the password so the had to call BlackBerry support and ask them so they loaded link and restored to factory default and finally after 2 hours I walked away with a new out of the box phone that was still on 10.0.*** something but after updating and restoring from a backup I got everything back and it's running way better then my last z10

If that is true that they rely on blackberry to ship them phones and they have been out of stock for a while then why are they still advertising for rogers and why is BlackBerry allowing such ***** sales people that don't even know how to put the sim card, plug in the phone etc which I showed bother future shop IT departments how to do by the way to get away with this and tell people there out of stock so they can sell them an iPhone or Android phone and why the hell didn't I get a brand new in box phone I'm soooooo pissed off !

Worst

Sorry for the rant Im just hoping people at BlackBerry see this and put a stop to these miss informed idiots! They kept asking me why I wanted another one it's junk go with this phone or that phone I just kept saying you obviously don't know what your talking about lol

Sent from BlackBerry Z10
    Are the period and comma keys broken on this new phone?

You need to use punctuation. It's nearly impossible to read a post that long when it's all one run-on sentence.
    06-04-14 10:21 PM
    Have the same experiences in any store, they look at you like you have 2 heads when you mention blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 10:25 PM
    Futureshop is known for their extended warranty problems. They operated in the US under another name and faced legal problems from several state Attorneys General for intentionally not honoring the warranty.
    06-04-14 10:29 PM
    if I were you I would have traded up to a galaxy S5 then sell it on craigslist for $600+ then buy a used z10 that was working then cancel your FS service plan.

this is what I did. net gain was $400 back into my pocket
    06-04-14 10:53 PM
    if I were you I would have traded up to a galaxy S5 then sell it on craigslist for $600+ then buy a used z10 that was working then cancel your FS service plan.

this is what I did. net gain was $400 back into my pocket
    Way to stick it to them!

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-04-14 10:56 PM
    Funny how muppets that sell the phones don't actually know how to use them.

When I was choosing between an (old) LG Optimus, Huawei P6 and Z10 - you should have seen the salesperson's face when I told em the Z10 can run android apps!

In my country (technically I do own it) Vodafone advertises their store people as phone Ninjas :lol:

When I almost got the Nexus 5 (just before Z10) all the guy could tell me was that the ph was fast!?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-04-14 11:31 PM
    Funny how muppets that sell the phones don't actually know how to use them.

When I was choosing between an (old) LG Optimus, Huawei P6 and Z10 - you should have seen the salesperson's face when I told em the Z10 can run android apps!

In my country (technically I do own it) Vodafone advertises their store people as phone Ninjas :lol:

When I almost got the Nexus 5 (just before Z10) all the guy could tell me was that the ph was fast!?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    That's the exact reason why I buy all my phones SIM free, no BS from carrier sales people.
    06-05-14 04:43 AM
    That's the exact reason why I buy all my phones SIM free, no BS from carrier sales people.
    That's true but then there also isn't any warranty at all.
    06-05-14 09:55 PM
    I work in the mobility sector and let me tell you, 98% of the store agents don't give 2 flying Fs about BlackBerry. They haven't even given BlackBerry 10 a chance. I hear it straight out of their mouths everyday.

FutureShop is the last place I ever want to find myself!

When BlackBerry comes out with their new lineup, they need to advertise and provide sales incentives for these pin heads at the store.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 10:45 PM
    For the future, the password to stop the demo is: "instoredemo". I have used this to check out the settings in the shop.

Posted via CB10
    tmf06 likes this.
    06-06-14 05:39 AM
    That's true but then there also isn't any warranty at all.
    2 years factory warranty
    06-06-14 05:51 AM
    2 years factory warranty
    How do you take advantage of that? Doesn't the carrier need to send it in for service?

06-06-14 07:37 AM
    Honestly, this is why I don't shop at futureshop. Haven't for 5 years now.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Clearly a poorly run company that does not support its employees with proper training and oversight. So many other places to shop folks.

That said, was good that you eventually got a replacement. Dealing with Rogers directly can be a nightmare too. The only good thing about Robbers is the network itself.

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    06-06-14 08:51 AM
    Exactly. Clearly a poorly run company that does not support its employees with proper training and oversight. So many other places to shop folks.

That said, was good that you eventually got a replacement. Dealing with Rogers directly can be a nightmare too. The only good thing about Robbers is the network itself.

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    Part of the problem is that the salesmen are on a commission system. That encourages them to use aggressive sales tactics and push items for a quick sale.

I hate shopping there. You never get any help because the salesmen don't want to take time to answer questions etc. They are quick to respond to the clients they know they can make a quick sale to.

06-06-14 10:34 AM
    How do you take advantage of that? Doesn't the carrier need to send it in for service?

You can send it yourself too

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 11:02 AM
    You can send it yourself too

Posted via CB10
    Now that's good to know. I didn't know that. I'm having a problem with my speaker and thought I was out of luck.

Will they want a receipt of some source to show when I purchased the phone? I got mine from a dealer who was given it at a BlackBerry event. I paid cash so I don't have a record of any kind.

06-06-14 11:14 AM
    I was once at Future Shop buying a new router. The salesman that came over while I was inspecting the router boxes didn't even know what they were or what they did. I actually ended up telling him what they did and how they worked.

In his own assigned department, too...

Posted via Z10
    06-06-14 11:24 AM
52 123