Regrettably found another feature not supported with the Z10 -- the super awesome Word Substitution feature in 7.0.

That feature where you can substitute a few letters (as in "nyc") for an entire word ("new york city")..

I DO love the vastly improved word prediction feature, but I do still find myself now spending more time typing out longer words/phrases than before with the Word Substitution feature on 7.0.

Or am I missing some feature??
    03-25-13 02:06 AM
    Yes, you are missing something.
    It's under language and input > automated assistance > word substitution.

Have a nice day!

Word Substitution ... substitution?-img_00000049.png
    03-25-13 02:37 AM
    Regrettably found another feature not supported with the Z10 -- the super awesome Word Substitution feature in 7.0.

That feature where you can substitute a few letters (as in "nyc") for an entire word ("new york city")..

I DO love the vastly improved word prediction feature, but I do still find myself now spending more time typing out longer words/phrases than before with the Word Substitution feature on 7.0.

Or am I missing some feature??
    This feature is still there you go to settings, language and input, then automated assistance, and word prediction is at the top.
    Word Substitution ... substitution?-img_00000214.png

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm and YYZ_AKS like this.
    03-25-13 02:38 AM
    It's under language and input > automated assistance > word substitution.

Have a nice day!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000049.png 
Views:	1019 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	143744
    Beat me to it lol

Posted via CB10
    Onna808 likes this.
    03-25-13 02:38 AM
    You need to spend more time with your phone settings.
    03-25-13 02:39 AM
    fyi, from my experiece, you ll have to enable "auto correction" for "word substituion" to work.
    03-25-13 02:40 AM
    Beat me to it lol

Posted via CB10
    It's a different screen shot, though!
    High five!
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-25-13 02:40 AM
    You still have "Options -> Language and Input -> Automated Assistance -> Word Substitution" the only thing I'm missing is the fact that it no longer supports a "New Line".

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 02:43 AM
    D'OH!

HOOOOORAY! THANK YOU!

(wondering if this thread should now self destruct
    Just Me likes this.
    03-25-13 02:58 AM
    While word substitution is there, SmartCase is not. I don't know why they would eliminate such a great feature. They now have DumbCase.

Posted via CB10
    edu3110 likes this.
    03-25-13 05:29 AM
    It should be noted that the word substitution do not work in most applications, ie the otherwise awesome Browser and Crackberry App. It does work quite fine in core messaging apps like BBM, SMS and the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 05:33 AM
    It should be noted that the word substitution do not work in most applications, ie the otherwise awesome Browser and Crackberry App. It does work quite fine in core messaging apps like BBM, SMS and the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    I was pleasantly surprised to find that it works in Stuff I Need.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 05:47 AM
    Yeah, I now notice that too -- the universal applicability of Word Substitution across all apps should be taken care of definitely!
    03-25-13 04:47 PM
    Has anyone been able to migrate their old word substitution lists over to their Z10 from their older BBs? I was hoping it would work with BB LInk, but not so far.
    03-26-13 05:27 PM
    Beat me to it lol

Thank you! I've been looking for that for days!
    Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 07:34 PM
    I have searched and searched and even called BlackBerry 10 support with no resolution.

My word substitution only works with preinstalled shortcuts. Like myver does work etc. Adding my own like I have with my previous blackberries do not work.

Reading forums, watching videos show it simply working with no issues. Mine does not, it's so frustrating getting used to the Z10 UI anyway to find I couldn't transfer my auto text from previous device to word substitution in new Z10. I input by hand close to 100, only to not have them work.

I've tried testing it by turning on and off different settings to see if something in Language and Input was conflicting.

I also wondered if I installed an application that might have a security conflict. So I wiped and reset device to check. Still didn't work other than default words.

BlackBerry 10 support mentioned it could be my OS is only 10.0 and not 10.1 so I tried that as well. Installed a leak of 10.1 with it still only allowing default words to work in word substitution.

In my searching, I found the Z10 has Z10STL100-1 dash 2, 3, 4 which my device being Z10STL100-3 does that matter?

Any help, confirmation would be great. Thanks
    06-27-13 02:33 PM
    lol

Glad the OP's issue was solved.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 02:46 PM
    I have searched and searched and even called BlackBerry 10 support with no resolution.

My word substitution only works with preinstalled shortcuts. Like myver does work etc. Adding my own like I have with my previous blackberries do not work.

Reading forums, watching videos show it simply working with no issues. Mine does not, it's so frustrating getting used to the Z10 UI anyway to find I couldn't transfer my auto text from previous device to word substitution in new Z10. I input by hand close to 100, only to not have them work.

I've tried testing it by turning on and off different settings to see if something in Language and Input was conflicting.

I also wondered if I installed an application that might have a security conflict. So I wiped and reset device to check. Still didn't work other than default words.

BlackBerry 10 support mentioned it could be my OS is only 10.0 and not 10.1 so I tried that as well. Installed a leak of 10.1 with it still only allowing default words to work in word substitution.

In my searching, I found the Z10 has Z10STL100-1 dash 2, 3, 4 which my device being Z10STL100-3 does that matter?

Any help, confirmation would be great. Thanks
    Word substitution worked for me, I still have 10.0. Options -> Language and Input -> Automated Assistance -> Word Substitution -> Add shortcut
    Only thing is I couldn't import my old substitutions from my old phone.
    06-27-13 03:15 PM
    Seriously, you're able to add your own shortcuts and they work? I was unable to get from old device as well but hand input tons. None of custom ones work on my device. Thanks for the reply, although it confirms it should work and mine does not.
    Onna808 likes this.
    06-27-13 03:42 PM
    My Word Substitution just stopped working. I use this feature everyday and now nothing. Non of the substitutions I used before come up. Have others experience this?
    07-15-13 09:54 PM