I've searcher and haven't noticed that anyone has noted this minor bug.

I've only ever used BlackBerry and in moving over to the Z10 I also updated my 'word substitutions'. Well It works as expected except under one condition. I use single letters to substitute for family member names. If used at the beginning of a sentence then the whole name is capitalized whereas it works as expected in mid sentence.

For example I use the letter b for Bill and bs for Bill's with fixed capitalization. If I start a sentence with B then a space I get BILL but bs gives me Bill's with the correct capitalization.

I trust this has to do with the auto cap for the first letter and can be easily rectified. So any BlackBerry folks listening (reading)?

I can't believe this is my biggest grief on the Z10. Yeah. That and the loss of multiple profiles.

Posted using my Z10!
    03-07-13 01:37 PM
    So what's your workaround for this bug? If you type 'b' and it auto-caps to 'B' can you then backspace/delete and substitute 'b' and get 'Bill' instead of "BILL"?
    03-07-13 02:11 PM
    The better workaround is to change my substitute word to 'bi' instead of deleting and reentering. That being said it's not a big deal but it would be nice if BlackBerry addressed this.

Posted using my Z10!
    03-07-13 08:35 PM
    My only problem is something similar, whenever I put something in quotation marks it will autocorrect the last word to have a capital letter at the beginning. So, if I typed "enter speech here" it would correct to "enter speech Here" - WHY? It's infuriating!
    03-09-13 01:01 PM
    "enter speech here "
    Touch the word ... here"
    when it is highlighted in spacebar Here"
    autocorrect will disapear
    hit spacebar to advance
    03-09-13 02:18 PM
    ok here lol

try this hit a letter T or any one
    delete
    hit the letter again for t

sweet dont thank me unless it works
    03-09-13 02:22 PM
    I don't think I describe what's happening very well. Basically whatever the last word is that I include in the quotation marks will get capitalised if I press the space bar. It only shows up when I insert the closing quotation mark. I added a screen shot so you can see.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2a0hmkz.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 04:35 AM
    Ok my friend you have two choices there:

Do you see there is "Here" on the keyboard and "here" floating above the keyboard? If you hit the space bar, it will choose "Here" for you BUT if you swipe up on the keyboard, it will select the word "here" for you. I often swipe up on the space bar because I want to choose my own words, which is in Vietnamese (without accents). It gradually builds up and remembers my choices which is amazing.

As others have said, if you see that's not the word you want to type, swipe left any where on the keyboard and it will delete the word instead of pressing or holding backspace. Also I just notice that swiping down on the keyboard will jump to numbers and down again to special signs etc. I'm so happy with my Z10 and I'm very excited to learn something new every day

I don't think I describe what's happening very well. Basically whatever the last word is that I include in the quotation marks will get capitalised if I press the space bar. It only shows up when I insert the closing quotation mark. I added a screen shot so you can see.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2a0hmkz.jpg

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    03-10-13 08:37 AM
    Thanks for your post, in making me aware of the feature of word substitution in the Z10. I was depending on the keyboard to learn my typing style, which has been 'taking note'. haha!

Question - will checking the box "Always use this capitalisation" make a difference for you?

I've searcher and haven't noticed that anyone has noted this minor bug.

I've only ever used BlackBerry and in moving over to the Z10 I also updated my 'word substitutions'. Well It works as expected except under one condition. I use single letters to substitute for family member names. If used at the beginning of a sentence then the whole name is capitalized whereas it works as expected in mid sentence.

For example I use the letter b for Bill and bs for Bill's with fixed capitalization. If I start a sentence with B then a space I get BILL but bs gives me Bill's with the correct capitalization.

I trust this has to do with the auto cap for the first letter and can be easily rectified. So any BlackBerry folks listening (reading)?

I can't believe this is my biggest grief on the Z10. Yeah. That and the loss of multiple profiles.

Posted using my Z10!
    03-10-13 08:40 AM
    Oh so it will actually learn to stop doing it? I was beginning to doubt that as it's been going on so long. Thanks for the input guys!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:52 PM
    Does it really stop learning?

Black is best Z10!
    03-10-13 04:10 PM