Can you please keep things like that to yourself.. Thanks...
    can you please keep responses like this to yourself?
    12-22-12 03:13 PM
    im sorry if my language offended... it was a joke... and to put it more mildly... i got excited when i saw this. i think its great news (if true ) that bb 10 will launch with 2gb of RAM on the hardware. it will make browsing the phone, and multi tasking absolutely smooth!!
    antiRIM likes this.
    12-22-12 03:21 PM
    As expected I dont know why people think RIM are not taking things serious such panic and worry in here its hilarious.RIM do undertsand the pressure just be cool they got this.
    Jake Storm and ibpluto like this.
    12-22-12 03:36 PM
    There have been so many different rumoured specs for this device that I really have no idea what to expect anymore.
    12-22-12 03:54 PM
    Don't forget that RIM licenced EXFAT from Microsoft to allow HUGE file storage and manipulation.
    exFAT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    12-22-12 04:03 PM
    There have been so many different rumoured specs for this device that I really have no idea what to expect anymore.
    Since it's almost impossible to stop leaks I wonder if RIM is ensuring there is so much misinformation out there that no one can tell the real leak from the rest of the chatter. Good strategy if the chatter doesn't exceed the actual.
    12-22-12 04:05 PM
    2gbs, nice
    12-22-12 04:08 PM
    lol so the everyone talk about the RAM now onto the HD cam (dual BTW). Who is going first....lol you guys crack me up, but then its crackberry so
    bold007 likes this.
    12-22-12 04:17 PM
    LOL... everybody got stuck on that Properties screenshot and ignored the article link... tsk, tsk.

2GB RAM, seemingly semi-confirmed? That's great (and kind of a relief, tbh). The "Dual HD" cams are no big surprise, but... apparently not quite finalized (shown as "rumored" on the OP's link), is a Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 SoC for Canada/US, which would be just insanely AWESOME.
    DJM626 and Gla1ze like this.
    12-22-12 04:31 PM
    lol so the everyone talk about the RAM now onto the HD cam (dual BTW). Who is going first....lol you guys crack me up, but then its crackberry so

the playbook also has dual HD cameras, not a big step forward from their last competitive hardware release
    12-22-12 04:32 PM
    It will be able to.
    12-22-12 04:58 PM
    no we don't but why would it, what if one decides to remove the card and place a new one in, what would happen then? does Android allow for app storage on removable SD cards? i have no i deal this would all be an assumption i'm making
    It should be able to the way the os is built. Yes android phones do allow you to do so, otherwise a lot of Android phone owners would be disappointed about the lack of much needed space. It's a great thing!

Jan 30th here I come!
    12-22-12 05:02 PM
    Nice! Now we have awesome OMAP4470 and 2GB RAM, the spec is inline with the best smart phone out there... Plus an efficient OS kernal does awesome multi-tasking.... I just need a little info about the battery life now... Hopefully it's in line with i5
    12-22-12 06:46 PM
    I'm curious what's running that the available RAM is down to 1.2. Major PB issue is memory usage. A couple apps and a couple tabs open and you're down to little RAM and apps closing. 2GB should help, but I hope the OS alone isn't using 800MBs. That doesn't bode well for BB10 on PB.
    My guess is the Hub is using a lot. Not the whole 800MB but considering how much the browser uses I wouldn't be surprised.
    12-22-12 07:40 PM
    Same here, but I look at it this way. Each time someone posts something different then what was originally expected, it's always been better then anticipated, so no doubt what we get is going to be nothing short of incredible in all aspects. Can't wait to show this off at the office
    12-22-12 07:49 PM
    So will the people that are complaining about specs for an unreleased device please wait till the 30th of January to continue their nonsense? RIM probably has more surprises for us.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-22-12 07:58 PM
    the playbook also has dual HD cameras, not a big step forward from their last competitive hardware release
    I guess if sarcasm bit you wouldnt notice it eh?
    12-22-12 08:11 PM
    I seriously hope this is true. I knew they would have at least 1.5GB of RAM, but i really wanted 2GB.
    12-22-12 08:59 PM
    I seriously hope this is true. I knew they would have at least 1.5GB of RAM, but i really wanted 2GB.
    what? Did you even read the specs sheet or look at the pic? Do you want 2G RAM free space? Cause if not, news flash.....it is 2G
    12-22-12 09:28 PM
    Having less than 2gb of RAM was my biggest hardware concern, so happy it has 2gb ! Just makes me wonder what other surprises RIM has in store for us !
    12-22-12 09:37 PM
    This is really good but I need A Lot more than 16 gigs of memory. What'd the point of having a large app ecosystem if you are limited to only 16 gigs of memory? I have the 64 gig playbook and I have been limiting my downloads just to ensure I always have space. If we only have 16 gigs I really hope we can save apps on memory cards like on android, but I doubt this...
    12-22-12 10:31 PM
    can you please keep responses like this to yourself?
    calm down he didn't say anything wrong
    meltbox360 likes this.
    12-22-12 10:33 PM
    calm down he didn't say anything wrong
    lol so how is what i'm sayign wrong if what he said isn't
    12-22-12 10:43 PM
    This is really good but I need A Lot more than 16 gigs of memory. What'd the point of having a large app ecosystem if you are limited to only 16 gigs of memory? I have the 64 gig playbook and I have been limiting my downloads just to ensure I always have space. If we only have 16 gigs I really hope we can save apps on memory cards like on android, but I doubt this...
    I'd wager that there are going to be options for larger storage (32 and 64GB models perhaps), plus as I mentioned earlier, you can free up a lot of space by storing media on your microSD card. Of course, it'd be ideal if we could store apps on the card, but we don't know for sure if that will be possible at the moment.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-22-12 10:48 PM
    Like what I said earlier..

You cannot compare your experience with your 16GB iPhone to a BB10 phone w/ it's 16GB of internal storage, which I think many are doing after reading this post. Everyone I know with an iPhone has TONS of video, pictures, & music on their iPhone. It's not surprising that the 16GB fills up quickly.. Allowing for less room for actual applications. BB10 is DIFFERENT though.. RIM is being awesome as usual and giving us an SD slot, allowing for maybe even a 64GB SD card (definitely allowing for a 32GB, chances are it will work w/ a 64GB now though, the OS & technology has advanced enough).

So here's the big part.. We can potentially have 80GB of storage on our BB10 phones... How awesome is that? Worse case from this is that 16GB will have to be used for Apps, and the 64GB's will be used for pictures, videos, & music. Is this a bad thing..? How could it be... We are getting options that we can mess around with at a later time over having to decide right off the bat if we want a 16/32/64GB version with no expansion options.. I like the route that RIM is taking & has always took MUCH better than what else is on the market. You can't beat having options and potentially 80GB of storage.

I think you don't realize just how much space 16GB is for JUST apps.. Most apps wont use more than 5-10MB, you're comparing one harddrive on the PlayBook used for apps, media, etc. to a phone which can potentially have 64GB for just media, and 16GB solely used for apps.. That's completely enough storage room...

PS. and that's for just $50 you can get a total of 80GB (Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics)
    Opposed to just having the option like on iPhone where it's about $100 for each tier for an additional 16GB/32GB
    12-22-12 10:56 PM
79 1234