Just got mine after using a q10 and iphone for quite a while. Its Fast, Its fluid, looks Great and for me the Battery is fine! Highly prefer above Phones like the iphone6 even.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:09 AM
    Got a backup z10 to mess around with running the latest 10.3 leak unlocked from BlackBerry for $199 using the discount code.

A lot of phone for that price.. probably the best purchase I've ever made ( value to price I mean)

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:31 AM
    No. Very bad idea. There is a problem with screen rotation, which begins by working sometimes, and eventually not at all, so you have a smartphone that only works in portrait mode. This seems to happen to all of them. It is impossible to communicate with Blackberry, and if you do finally find a way to email them, you will not get a reply. There are lots of forums and feedback pages, but these are a way to keep customers away. I will not be buying another Blackberry, and if you want my opinion, think carefully if you are considering it.
    Are you serious ? I don't think you're talking about the BLACKBERRY Z10.. but some other z10. We have 5 in the house, many friends with the z10 and never have any issues you're talking about.

Can't help thinking about how honest your comment is..

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:38 AM
    Like anything it's a cost/capability trade off. The Z10 is a bit old yes, but it's also very cheap. And 10.3.1 should make a difference too.

Depends what you want.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:43 AM
    Yes because they are cheap.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 06:12 PM
    Even though z30 has better specs I wouldn't buy it unless it felt the same or better in my hand/s then z10

Posted with my z10 stl100-2 running 10.3.0.1052
    This is true. I prefer z10 size. 5" is just way too big for me

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 06:14 PM
    I have been a blackberry user for a number of years. Tried most of the android and earlier windows phones and tried iPhone (4 & 5). Came back to blackberry z10. Loaded the leaked 10.3.1 OS and have had no issues. Love the versatility of the BlackBerry OS compared to the others. Just wish BlackBerry would release a emulator so we could make themes for the OS 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean? There is an official BBOS simulator, just Google it. I've been using it to test out Blackberry on my computer.
    10-12-14 08:18 PM
    Just avoid the STL100-1
    todparsons likes this.
    10-12-14 08:41 PM
    Z10 is awesome. People complain a lot about the battery but my Z10 gives me 15 hours of solid usage.

The thing that really makes the Z10 awesome (besides the size and form factor) is the removable battery. I have two spares if necessary. One in my wallet and one in my car. If I have heavy usage though the day and run the battery down I just reach into my wallet and pop in a fresh battery. It takes less than two minutes to reboot and you never have to worry about waiting for it to charge.

I have a docking station with a built in extra battery charger and then a booster pack connected to that. It makes things an absolute breeze. Trust me, I've had the Z30 and the Z10 is better in my opinion. I really want the Passport and I have tons of extra cash to buy it but I'm so content and happy with my Z10 that I can't bring myself to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Drenegade; 10-13-14 at 01:21 AM.
    th.1977 likes this.
    10-13-14 12:09 AM
    I've had my Z10 for 1.5 yrs and I still love it. No real issues with this device.

Pros: I love the feel and flow of the OS 10.2.1 ( the current os on my device); it's a good size for my small hands and pocket on my snug jeans( I gained some weight); and, specs are decent.

The Cons: Batery life. But not the worst in the world; and not supported by major companies when it comes to Apps (has improved considerably with the addition of Amazon App store and soon smoother Android runtime improvement on the new OS 10.3.1).

Battery life seems to come up a lot here. There are phone adjustments that you can make to help extend the battery life: don't leave apps running in the background (headless or just open); adjust the brightness of you're screen; operate Apps in dark mode ( even Google has a dark mode checkout Black Google Mobile). You can adjust you signal, too. If you don't need to always be on LTE or 4G them drop it down a notch to 3G. Also, make sure your Wifi, bluetooth and tethering/ hotspot features are turned off if not in use. Check the push feature of your email, twitter, Facebook, rss news feeds. Are they set to go off every five minutes? For example, maybe you can set up the RSS feed on manual update instead of every Five minutes. Now, all this is dependent on your needs. The new BlackBerry OS10.3 or 10.3.1 is supposed to help with Battery life, as well.

At the end of the day, I would ask myself, what do I want this phone for? All the phone manufactures provide an experience unique to them and what you need is specific to you: are you looking for tons of apps, do you want to follow the trend, or are you looking for functionality? Just to name a few. Do up a spreadsheet with what you want and don't want in a phone and run a comparison. Read various reviews from people who hate and love the phone you want. I find sometimes haters of a product have good points that may not be a worry for me but is still note worthy. For example, BlackBerry not having enough apps seems to be a big deal for a lot of folks but the thing is that BlackBerry does have Apps but not a lot of time wasting or duplicate apps, but now there's Amazon App store and if you use SNAP you can side load Android Apps not found in the Amazon App store .

The Z10 is an excellent constructed and functioning phone. The power button is on top but you can swipe up to turn the phone.

I hope this helps. Good luck in your search.

Rocking a Z10
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-13-14 02:54 AM
    Great thread! I am in the position to upgrade to z10 also, but not sure if I should. I had some queries, hope the Forum can help :

1. I do not have/use BES/BIS. Is the Z10 still worth it I use it WITHOUT a BB plan?
    2. Are all the Apps functional only thru WiFi?
    3. Not that I use Android currently, but I have read about 'sideloading'....Question is : how is running android apps on z10?

I currently use a BB 8520 . Yes...I know, its really old school, but it serves me well. Only thing is that, the apps only work thru WiFi...which is a bit inconvenient when I am on the road/car etc.. I do not have BIS/BES on the phone. I got tired of 'touch phones' so went back to the BB 8520 Curve, but it really is old....so I was wondering if spending $$ a z10 would be worth it. Thanks in advance for the replies.
    10-13-14 12:46 PM
    I have a z10 running android apps thru amazon app store and snap all except one that I tried work perfectly on wife or my carrier connection.

I find the z10 perfect for my needs. I do not have batt issues with my usage I pull my phone off the charger in the morning and I'm good till I get home from work

Posted from my z10 via cb 10
    10-13-14 01:15 PM
    That doesn't really mean he's still not interested in BB10 as an OS and isn't allowed to frequent the site. Also, I was asking for opinions on buying the Z10, and he did just that: he gave me his personal opinions. I don't see what's wrong with that, it let's me know of his experience with it and possible issues I might encounter. If every comment on this thread is going to praise BB10 and nothing else, and then what's the point?
    I don't think screen rotation is a common problem, if even a problem at all...as for communication, BlackBerry still does it best, imo...depending on your carrier, you may have some issues with 'group texts'. I have Verizon and I have no issues with group messages. I find the Hub to be very efficient for moving in and out of multiple sources of communication. As stated, some minor adjustments can be made to improve battery life, but most days for me, I get 15 hrs on my Z10. Less on weekends as I tend to be on it more, but it does not really seem that much worse than the two GS4's in my house. I'm back to using my Z10 since my Z30 screen was broken in my pocket at work. I would certainly recommend both devices. The Z30 does have a bigger, more power efficient screen, faster processor, much better battery, and much better sound, at least with the external speakers. But the Z10 is much cheaper to buy. For what you can buy a Z10 for now is a steal, imo.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by leehardballer12; 10-21-14 at 01:22 AM.
    th.1977 likes this.
    10-13-14 09:56 PM
    I've converted my wife and mother-in-law to z10's in the last two weeks

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-13-14 10:19 PM
    operate Apps in dark mode
    I agree except that the Z10 has an LCD screen and whether a screen is white or black does not change the battery consumption since the back light for all colors would be the same whatever the color is.

The dark theme can save battery life only on LED screens.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    10-14-14 02:49 AM
    Even though I have the battery pack the battery issue is my number one complaint about the z10, light use you are fine but when you looking at documents reading articles on the net, the battery goes down quite fast, the option is to buy a few battery packs,but that is not practical ,
    I believe the z10 is a great phone but the battery is it's major flaw, and as we can see Blackberry newer devices have better battery life,
    My contract with o2 ends next year wth this phone I am on the fence right now on the next device, I am use to the touch screen now, and though I do like the Passport, it's not for me, the z30 might be another option but I am waiting for Blackberry to announce newer touch screen devices similar to the Passport with the large battery life.
    10-14-14 03:24 AM
    Brilliant phone, it won't be too old for a while considering they all get the update. 10.3 won't be available for anything but the newly released Passport (probably the classic too) but 10.3.1 will be available for all when released.

Battery life for a light user should see you through most of the day. I use mine pretty intensively and find power dwindling after about 7-8 hours of use. Add a battery charger pack and that capacity is effectively doubled , in fact I'm never without power more than 5 minutes a day.

Haven't heard anything about an upgrade to the Z10, although I'm sure many fans are giving both the Passport and the classic a miss in favour of something like that.

The power button is placed at the top unfortunately, but then, I thought this has become the standard across the industry now hasn't it? Besides it's not a major inconvenience in my opinion.

A solid choice of BlackBerry, I could easily spend another 24 months with it if I didn't have such a strong desire for the Passport.

.3247 good and Carling.
    10-14-14 05:14 AM
42 12