I have a BlackBerry Z10 phone and was getting attachments OK until the first update for the z10. When my co-workers send Excel or Word in attachments, my phone receives them and display as .docx on Hub. However if I open them, the email attachment is converting to winmail.dat instead of the original attachment and there is no Open Attachment option associated with this file.

Also when my Co workers send PDF links Im not able to retrieve the file. It just doest open or sometimes just doesn't give the option to open.

I have gotten the department to change there emails to plain txt. But We still have this issue.
    This department sends out 100's of emails to employees..
    Is there anything I can do to get this working like before. I want my z10 to be fully functional so I don't have to be embarrassed when in meetings and unable to retrieve attachments.
    There has got to be a simple get around.
    Before I had this problem, my attachment from this sender was opening with Docs to go with no issues.
    11-20-13 05:45 PM
    Sounds more like the sender issue. Did your request got actioned correctly by the sender?

To prevent Outlook from attaching winmail.dat when you send an email:

Click File in Outlook.
    Select Options.
    Go to the Mail category.
    Make sure HTML or Plain Text is selected for Compose messages in this format: under Compose messages.
    Now make sure Convert to HTML format or Convert to Plain Text format is selected for When sending messages in Rich Text format to Internet recipients: under Message format.
    Click OK.
    11-20-13 05:59 PM
    I will relay this message and hopefully it works. Thanks for your input and will keep you updated.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:06 PM