BB10, yes absolutely. The Z10 on the other hand will accomplish what it set out to do; it got people looking at BlackBerry devices again, even those using other platforms. We'll be in a far better position to see what BlackBerry's fate is once they release more of their planned devices.
    04-17-13 05:50 AM
    Why or why not?

Posted via CB10
    Apps. The general folk want apps and with apps BlackBerry will succeed but if they procrastinate I fear for BlackBerry' s long term success. Apps
    04-17-13 06:05 AM
    To me, Z10 is just priced far to high to make it an interesting thought to someone who is not firmly in the "Crackberry" camp. Even if the Z10 were to lower its price across the board to $99 on contract, it would still fight an uphill battle, but it is a battle they can at least compete with.

. I do have to say, from a ecosystem standpoint, Microsoft has BBRY whipped and END to END is a slight better ecosystem than Android (Desktop->smartphone). Somehow, BBRY needs to develop a better ecosystem to out match Microsoft.
    I don't agree, Microsoft's zune software sucks and its first attempt at an os that integrates everything (win 8) burnt my eyes out. All in all, for phone connectivity BB has everyone beat because: android is fragmented, and Idk of any one software that does anything next to desktop manager (let's not talk about link for now. :P), Itunes feels like drm but I guess it's good there however, apple is a niche market, and like I said windows sucks.
    Win 7 and earlier are not designed to be integrated with anything, and it really shows.
    "Most companies are moving Away"? Where is this data from?
    "Too many small Bugs". The majority of Z10 users don't experience bugs, you read about some here but this is a very small percentage of Z10 users. Read the online reviews on Rogers, Koodo, Telus, Bell ect, the Z10 is rated higher than all the others since it's release. Clearly if everyone was experiencing bugs it would reflect in these reviews and ratings.

I think a lot of the small bugs are unexplained 'features' that we think are bugs.

My two gripes were: multiple contacts listing in compose, and can't reply to fb msg from hub.

The multiple contacts clear up with more results, and you can't reply to non-friends from the hub unless you change privacy settings.
    This is a brand new os and people have to get used to it.
    Depends on people's experiences with the other platforms. I've never had a smartphone, except my Blackberry, survive a 2 year contract without becoming a turd. So I came back to Blackberry once I learned about the Z10.

I believe spending habits in the Blackberry App store will make or break Blackberry as a company. Here's my reasoning, if Blackberry users spend a lot on apps, developers will come and develop like crazy boosting the app market with strong apps. Especially, if we spend considerably more than iOs or Android users. Strong apps that are game changers and make people take notice of the Blackberry Z10 will be critical.
    Iphone 5, Z10, Galaxy 3, One, are offered for $0 with a contract. This is where the average consumer looks at possible apps that would bring them over, if BB doesn't have any, good by Blackberry.

Let's face it, Windows, Apple, and Android have considerably more research and development money to develop better products. It's the consumer that makes or breaks the phones with app demand.

Of course this is all my opinion.
    Cliffnotes
    users that are less business/productivity influenced want a large app market for their desired phone.
    T
    I saw on this site that the avg bb os 7 dev made more than android or IOS. Idk, I always got bbs because they do more than other without having to have third party apps. I suspect that there's many people like me, who while not technically hardcore bb people (core audience) are still those who will go to someone who makes the best core experience. Atm, bb is the only one doing everything as Ios is a cheap ripoff of Linux. :P (I said it. flames await!)
    I do, because Apple and Samsung are powerhouses with far more capital to divest/ invest into marketing than BlackBerry. BlackBerry is a minuscule entity when compared to Apple or Samsung, the two dominant players in the worldwide smartphone market. With margins as low as they are in the phone business, BlackBerry will never get the opportunity to catch up to the other two, game-changing OS or not. If they can hit and solidly maintain a #3 position, that would be a miracle in itself!
    Idkk, times are changing apple is priced too high for the average person and bb + pb combo is solid for less so I can see a lot of people going towards bb.

Also, outside of NA bb enjoys a very solid reputation. People will assume you're a professional person if you have a bb in europe, and parts of Africa and esp. SE asia (Indonesia/Philippines) are BB crazy.
    04-17-13 06:07 AM
    Not sure, if they did get more apps out in the very near future I am thinking of going back to a droid.
    04-17-13 06:09 AM
    Why or why not?

Posted via CB10
    Many would like to know this.

People left RIM after the 9900 and all the rumors of their demise. What really killed them is the large corporations bailing on RIM for both financial and dependability reasons. It will be hard to pull them back from more "mature" operating systems like iOS and Android. People who left Blackberry have been using other devices for a while now and unless Blackberry offers something really attractive, there is no way they will leave.

Polls have shown that most X-Blackberry users no longer care or are not even considering going back. IF Blackberry makes it, they will have to fight for ever new and existing customer. To see the price of a Z10 cut in half just weeks after it's introduction is not good news.

I love Blackberry and wish them well but like many, got used to another OS and it hardware and do not see a compelling reason to migrate to new hardware with a new OS that is a "work in progress". Maybe is a year of so, I will always be watching with great interest!
    04-17-13 06:22 AM
    I still see a ton of BlackBerry legacy devices around with OS 6 and as for the 9900, I didn't see any in the wild for a long time but now they're everywhere. It takes time for people's contracts to become due for upgrades. The Z10 will be on the scene in ever increasing numbers over the next year and then be around for a couple after that.
    04-17-13 08:40 AM
    I still see a ton of BlackBerry legacy devices around with OS 6 and as for the 9900, I didn't see any in the wild for a long time but now they're everywhere. It takes time for people's contracts to become due for upgrades. The Z10 will be on the scene in ever increasing numbers over the next year and then be around for a couple after that.
    The Z10 is an entry, a couple years from now it will be like finding a needle in a haystack. If the Z10 is still for sale a couple years from now BlackBerry is in trouble.
    04-17-13 08:46 AM
    The Z10 is an entry, a couple years from now it will be like finding a needle in a haystack. If the Z10 is still for sale a couple years from now BlackBerry is in trouble.
    It'll still be on sale a year from now I would bet and then people have contracts for 2 years. So what I said is easily possible.
    04-17-13 08:48 AM
    Enterprise is moving mostly to BYOD. Bring your crap and we'll get you email and calendaring. BlackBerry fits in these environments nicely, with no BES required, and then BlackBerry is on the same playing field with Apple and Android.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    cman5 likes this.
    04-17-13 08:51 AM
    BB10 is about the experience, not the ecosystem (yet).
    A strong end-to-end Ecosystem adds to the experience.
    04-17-13 06:14 PM
35 12