Why or why not?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 06:17 PM
    Why or why not?

Posted via CB10
    If speaking specifically about the Z10, no. If talking about BBRY as a whole, I believe they can be a viable 3rd option. In no way will they become 2nd or first in this smartphone market.

The Z10 itself is competing with not only the Samsung GS3, iPhone 5, and HTC One/HTC DNA of the past... it will be competing against the HTC One and Samsung GS4 this month and the iPhone 5S/6 in the summer (Rumor). To me, Z10 is just priced far to high to make it an interesting thought to someone who is not firmly in the "Crackberry" camp. Even if the Z10 were to lower its price across the board to $99 on contract, it would still fight an uphill battle, but it is a battle they can at least compete with.

It is a fight for 3rd in the smartphone market and BBRY vs Microsoft will be a good one... I do have to say, from a ecosystem standpoint, Microsoft has BBRY whipped and END to END is a slight better ecosystem than Android (Desktop->smartphone). Somehow, BBRY needs to develop a better ecosystem to out match Microsoft.
    Last edited by Dgree03; 04-16-13 at 06:30 PM. Reason: vocab
    04-16-13 06:29 PM
    No - they won't last. Better sell yours now so you don't take too much of a hit on it. Palm Trio is making a comeback and will dominate the Smartphone market I hear. The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...time to dump your Z10!
    russworman, web99, HedoBum and 3 others like this.
    04-16-13 06:56 PM
    It will as long as BB has money....
    04-16-13 07:01 PM
    We will see.

Most companies are moving away from bbry and going iOS and android, including ours. We were a bbry shop for 10 years or so.

Honestly this phone has too many small bugs for enterprise to support it right now. This will obviously change as more updates come out. (except for Verizon ugh)

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:05 PM
    No need to to be sarcastic fa its just more of a discussion, nice picture... were you auditioning for sons of anarchy

Posted via CB10
    pels_17 and radlink14 like this.
    04-16-13 07:12 PM
    We will see.

Most companies are moving away from bbry and going iOS and android, including ours. We were a bbry shop for 10 years or so.

Honestly this phone has too many small bugs for enterprise to support it right now. This will obviously change as more updates come out. (except for Verizon ugh)

Posted via CB10
    "Most companies are moving Away"? Where is this data from?
    "Too many small Bugs". The majority of Z10 users don't experience bugs, you read about some here but this is a very small percentage of Z10 users. Read the online reviews on Rogers, Koodo, Telus, Bell ect, the Z10 is rated higher than all the others since it's release. Clearly if everyone was experiencing bugs it would reflect in these reviews and ratings.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    habs_fan and cman5 like this.
    04-16-13 07:13 PM
    Yup, no major issues or big bugs on my Z10!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:16 PM
    It won't as long as Verizon has something to do with it. IMHO!!
    04-16-13 07:18 PM
    It will. Will it be that best? No. But BlackBerry is far from done with this new OS. The Z10 is just the start.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-16-13 08:39 PM
    If speaking specifically about the Z10, no. If talking about BBRY as a whole, I believe they can be a viable 3rd option. In no way will they become 2nd or first in this smartphone market.

The Z10 itself is competing with not only the Samsung GS3, iPhone 5, and HTC One/HTC DNA of the past... it will be competing against the HTC One and Samsung GS4 this month and the iPhone 5S/6 in the summer (Rumor). To me, Z10 is just priced far to high to make it an interesting thought to someone who is not firmly in the "Crackberry" camp. Even if the Z10 were to lower its price across the board to $99 on contract, it would still fight an uphill battle, but it is a battle they can at least compete with.

It is a fight for 3rd in the smartphone market and BBRY vs Microsoft will be a good one... I do have to say, from a ecosystem standpoint, Microsoft has BBRY whipped and END to END is a slight better ecosystem than Android (Desktop->smartphone). Somehow, BBRY needs to develop a better ecosystem to out match Microsoft.
    BB10 is about the experience, not the ecosystem (yet).
    04-16-13 08:43 PM
    We will see.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on an enterprise account through my work, have been since February 5th launch day in Canada. The phone works beautifully, get all my work email with no delay, my contacts and calendar are always in sync.

So either your company is sleeping or management has simply made the decision to switch platforms. But I can assure you, it wouldn't be because the Z10 or Q10 coming out couldn't handle corporate life.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    Scott Lefebvre and cman5 like this.
    04-16-13 09:09 PM
    BlackBerry will always be fighting for third place behind apple and android.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:20 PM
    No - they won't last. Better sell yours now so you don't take too much of a hit on it. Palm Trio is making a comeback and will dominate the Smartphone market I hear. The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...The sky is falling...time to dump your Z10!
    LOL! I just spilled my coffee.
    04-16-13 09:23 PM
    It will make like the Phoenix and rise from the ashes that was the old BlackBerry. New os is a game changer. At some point I believe Apple will start dropping as the os is getting old. They will have to innovate if they want to keep the lead. DROID will still be up there because they are continuing to add features and refine the os. It will be interesting to see which other mobile os makes a run as there are several coming out this year.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:29 PM
    We will see.

Posted via CB10
    Androids are unsecured and users download so much crap with out checking the maker they end up with a bunch of data security issues. IMHO
    IPhone is next on the hit list. Email accounts already being compromised with users that don't have security on the brain.
    04-16-13 09:29 PM
    BlackBerry will always be fighting for third place behind apple and android.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you're right on that one.
    cman5 and russworman like this.
    04-16-13 09:30 PM
    At some point I believe Apple will start dropping as the os is getting old. They will have to innovate if they want to keep the lead. DROID will still be up there because they are continuing to add features and refine the os. It will be interesting to see which other mobile os makes a run as there are several coming out this year.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Eventually people get bored and want to try new things.

Will this happen over night? Of course not but BlackBerry is headed into the right direction. They don't expect to be number one any time soon, but they could be again. Imo.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-16-13 09:32 PM
    If we Re talking bout Z10 I think it will last about a year and a half then BlackBerry will come up with the second generation which wi be around just as a flagship model. But the Focus will be the other Devices.

Personally I'm very happy with the phone so are my Android and ios friends that have switched. Average bbry users are not happy. Learning curve is frustrating to say the least.

With bb10 as a whole and the Way BlackBerry has mapped out their future i think it's pretty viable provided they introduce the devices people want and not devices their R&D "Thinks " people want. There's only one company that did that and eventually their arrogance is backfiring.

All in all yes it will survive. Nr 3 platform for the next 3-4 years with slow but steady growth

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:34 PM
    Depends on people's experiences with the other platforms. I've never had a smartphone, except my Blackberry, survive a 2 year contract without becoming a turd. So I came back to Blackberry once I learned about the Z10.

I believe spending habits in the Blackberry App store will make or break Blackberry as a company. Here's my reasoning, if Blackberry users spend a lot on apps, developers will come and develop like crazy boosting the app market with strong apps. Especially, if we spend considerably more than iOs or Android users. Strong apps that are game changers and make people take notice of the Blackberry Z10 will be critical.
    OTOH, if people are cheap in the app market, no developers will come to fill their pockets and we will have no game-changing apps to attract later customers. Especially, in that critical phase when the Iphone 5, Z10, Galaxy 3, One, are offered for $0 with a contract. This is where the average consumer looks at possible apps that would bring them over, if BB doesn't have any, good by Blackberry.

Let's face it, Windows, Apple, and Android have considerably more research and development money to develop better products. It's the consumer that makes or breaks the phones with app demand.

Of course this is all my opinion.
    Cliffnotes
    Strong App demand-Blackberry 10 will succeed.
    Little App Demand-Blackberry 10 flops.
    Mainly due to the Average smartphone users that are less business/productivity influenced want a large app market for their desired phone.
    T
    04-16-13 09:52 PM
    What a dumb question!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:12 PM
    It's a legitamate question. Blackberry is the only company totally dependent of phone sales to run their company. Apple, Microsoft, can both siphon funds from other areas to fund research and development.
    04-16-13 10:16 PM
    No need to to be sarcastic fa its just more of a discussion, nice picture... were you auditioning for sons of anarchy

Posted via CB10
    What is sons of anarchy?? And who is fa?

How could I not be sarcastic with the thread being what it's about...and that wonderful thread-starter...
    04-17-13 05:36 AM
    I don't think you're right on that one.
    I do, because Apple and Samsung are powerhouses with far more capital to divest/ invest into marketing than BlackBerry. BlackBerry is a minuscule entity when compared to Apple or Samsung, the two dominant players in the worldwide smartphone market. With margins as low as they are in the phone business, BlackBerry will never get the opportunity to catch up to the other two, game-changing OS or not. If they can hit and solidly maintain a #3 position, that would be a miracle in itself!
    04-17-13 05:42 AM
    "Most companies are moving Away"? Where is this data from?
    "Too many small Bugs". The majority of Z10 users don't experience bugs, you read about some here but this is a very small percentage of Z10 users. Read the online reviews on Rogers, Koodo, Telus, Bell ect, the Z10 is rated higher than all the others since it's release. Clearly if everyone was experiencing bugs it would reflect in these reviews and ratings.
    It's true. I work for pepsico foods and they just dumped blackberry and deployed 3,500 iPhones to all sales reps. I know people on here eat sleep and breath blackberry but it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. Blackberry is dead. Also, I live in the greater Toronto area and have yet to see a z10 in public. Not good.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-17-13 05:45 AM
35 12