Anyone know if BlackBerry will update the keyboard to include the Flow option that Swiftkey now has on Android, since their keyboard is the Swiftkey keyboard with visual tweaks?

I
    03-21-13 12:32 PM
    I like your logic there
    03-21-13 12:36 PM
    Probably not. The BlackBerry keyboard is made with the SwiftKey SDK. It isn't running SwiftKey.
    03-21-13 12:49 PM
    I've messed around w/the Z10 a couple times. Plan on getting it tomorrow, when AT&T releases it. The only thing I didn't like about the key that is available is long press quotations, etc....am I missing something here?
    03-21-13 12:53 PM
    Probably not. The BlackBerry keyboard is made with the SwiftKey SDK. It isn't running SwiftKey.
    That sucks. I LOVE LOVE LOVE swype features on keyboards.
    03-21-13 01:09 PM
    I've messed around w/the Z10 a couple times. Plan on getting it tomorrow, when AT&T releases it. The only thing I didn't like about the key that is available is long press quotations, etc....am I missing something here?
    It's new, it's fresh and you'll love it...

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 01:58 PM
    The only thing I didn't like about the key that is available is long press quotations, etc....am I missing something here?
    The idea is that you can flick your finger down anywhere on the keyboard and the quotations will show up (along with many other symbols). That is much quicker than pressing and holding a key.
    03-21-13 02:02 PM
    The idea is that you can flick your finger down anywhere on the keyboard and the quotations will show up (along with many other symbols). That is much quicker than pressing and holding a key.
    Haaa....prefect. This is what I was looking for. It's abundantly clear there will be a bit of a learning curve.
    03-21-13 02:06 PM
    Haaa....prefect. This is what I was looking for. It's abundantly clear there will be a bit of a learning curve.
    There always will be with any new system. The lack of home button will force you to rethink the way you navigate around your phone. It takes a couple of days to get used to things, but after that, it's hard to go back (or at least it is for me - tried using my wife's Android and got lost, even though I've used the OS in the past fairly heavily).

The trick I've found is to think of the OS like a deck of cards, and you move those cards around or hide them as needed. The gestures used to navigate the OS also come into play on the keyboard. Take some time and check out the help videos that are on the phone. They are extremely helpful at getting you used to the gestures required to navigate.

JB
    03-21-13 02:12 PM
    But the SwiftKey SDK isn't open source, is it? Theoretically, they could add that feature? Hmmm, maybe I should learn more about Flow before posting... But if you know already, please share.
    03-21-13 02:13 PM
    Yeah, I think one needs to learn a lot of these little tricks to really get the full benefit of the BB10 experience. P.S. That gesture can be seen in the video at the 0:17, and 0:58 marks. Though he uses it to insert a question mark, the quotation keys are in that same symbol area. You just swipe down anywhere on the keyboard, and the symbol keys are right there. Very handy, though it took me a while to get the hang of it. I was too used to Android and iOS and kept clicking the symbol key in the bottom left. I think BB should add in the option to remove the symbol key altogether so that people are forced to learn the better way of accessing symbols

03-21-13 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD