- CrackBerry Abuser
- 187 Posts
Will Z10 be carrier locked or factory unlocked?
Noticd this was up for discussion, but buried in other threads.
Question is does anyone know (or in the know & can say) whether the Z10 will be sold by major carriers as factory unlocked or carrier-locked as per usual with the majority of their offerings...?
Nevermind branding, just wondering about the inter-network operability from the get-go without need to unlock...
- CrackBerry Newbie
01-08-2013, 03:39 AM #8
- 1 Posts
BlackBerry is in serious financial trouble and they simply do not have the financial ability to incorporate any kind of server-based locking system like the iPhone. BB have stuck to the same locking algorithm for years and I don't think they have any plans to spend money they don't have changing something that doesn't need to be changed. Think about it, the USA is by far the biggest BB customer. The recent changes to the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) means it is now illegal (in the USA) to unlock any handset purchased after 01st January 2013 without the express permission of the network. So basically, this means anyone attempting to unlock any BB10 phone through a source other than the original network will be breaking the law and risking prosecution. With that in mind, why would they make BB10 phones harder to unlock?
- By jaimbot in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 0Last Post: 08-20-2010, 03:03 PM
- By eakeller in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 13Last Post: 01-31-2010, 02:19 PM
- By mallinj in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 8Last Post: 09-07-2009, 08:15 PM
- By Spenten in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 0Last Post: 07-12-2009, 01:57 PM
- By DurangoJim in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 23Last Post: 11-05-2008, 12:02 PM