Since I live in the states I have a feeling this is very unlikely, but I really want to know. I hate being restricted to one network. Hate the carrier branding on a phone... It seriously ruins the look. If I can't get it unlocked with no branding I would rather go Windows Phone.
    02-08-13 01:11 PM
    I'm not sure if with the initial release of BlackBerry 10 in the U.S. they will offer unlocked units. But, there is a blog post here, on how to get this accomplished.
    02-11-13 06:59 AM
    Since I am buying my phone off contact, hopefully T-Mobile won't brand anything but the battery cover on the back since it can be replaced easily
    02-11-13 07:07 AM
    I bought mine outright from fido it works great on T-Mobile after unlocking it, and I don't think any of the Canadian carriers have branding (mine doesn't, and I haven't seen any that do) so I don't think any carriers. The exception is Verizon, which might have it, as I've seen photos of Z10s with their branding online.
    02-11-13 07:19 AM
    Since I live in the states I have a feeling this is very unlikely, but I really want to know. I hate being restricted to one network. Hate the carrier branding on a phone... It seriously ruins the look. If I can't get it unlocked with no branding I would rather go Windows Phone.
    The word at launch was that you *will* be able to buy an unlocked device directly through BlackBerry after launch. Whether this materializes is yet to be seen. I would personally be worried about carriers putting pressure on BlackBerry to not make standalone devices available for sale.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 07:32 AM
    I bought mine outright from fido it works great on T-Mobile after unlocking it, and I don't think any of the Canadian carriers have branding (mine doesn't, and I haven't seen any that do) so I don't think any carriers. The exception is Verizon, which might have it, as I've seen photos of Z10s with their branding online.
    I asked Fido and they wouldn't sell me if contact... I live in a 1900 Mhz area, so I get HSPA+ on unlocked Canadian phones, just need to make sure that the LTE will work with the phone when T-Mobile launches their network. That's if I get the chance to buy it before it hits the states.
    02-11-13 07:35 AM
    I asked Fido and they wouldn't sell me if contact... I live in a 1900 Mhz area, so I get HSPA+ on unlocked Canadian phones, just need to make sure that the LTE will work with the phone when T-Mobile launches their network. That's if I get the chance to buy it before it hits the states.
    If you're on T-Mobile or one of its MVNOs, you're best off waiting for T-Mobile's official version precisely because you risk not having LTE as a result. Waiting sucks but it should be worth it.

02-11-13 02:01 PM
    If you're on T-Mobile or one of its MVNOs, you're best off waiting for T-Mobile's official version precisely because you risk not having LTE as a result. Waiting sucks but it should be worth it.

That's what I'm worried about, but ah is the wait agonizing
    02-11-13 03:45 PM
    A Phone Dog review, for those interested...
    !
    02-11-13 03:47 PM
    Yeah, I think they changed their mind about that now that they've seen how high demand is.

I tried to buy one off contract for my brother as well, and they refused to sell it to me
    02-11-13 03:48 PM
    That's what I'm worried about, but ah is the wait agonizing
    Feel your pain. Hopefully, T-Mobile will have some other pleasant surprises to coincide with the launch.

HKain7 likes this.
    02-11-13 03:50 PM
    I worried here. I want to buy an unlocked phone from UK. Are we sure that it will be useable anywhere else around the world thinking that it will use a local sim
    02-11-13 03:52 PM
    I worried here. I want to buy an unlocked phone from UK. Are we sure that it will be useable anywhere else around the world thinking that it will use a local sim
    There are four versions of the BlackBerry Z10 to accommodate various network combinations. Any unlocked BlackBerry Z10 device should work on any GSM (2G) network and most WCDMA networks. 4G network support (whether true 4G LTE or "4G" WCDMA) will depend on the particular version you end up getting.

02-11-13 04:01 PM
    You mean I can have a 4G Z10 but it's not LTE? Or the LTE and 4G is clearly distinguishable on the shop's website or the Z10's box itself? How about 3G?
    02-11-13 04:19 PM
    You mean I can have a 4G Z10 but it's not LTE? Or the LTE and 4G is clearly distinguishable on the shop's website or the Z10's box itself? How about 3G?
    There are 4 versions of the Z10 and they are identified as STL100-1 through -4. Please do a search in the Z10 and BlackBerry 10 forums and you'll find posts that describe which model versions have which technologies and bands.

02-11-13 04:27 PM
    Thanks dude! I think STL100-2 from UK is the one I need. I just read from another thread that STL100-2 and STL100-3 (Telus) are both available on UK so as long as I buy the unlocked one I don't need to worry on having STL100-3
    02-11-13 05:24 PM