Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 60
Like Tree63Likes
  1. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications
    #26  

    Default will it be really successful?

    Could these be the same experts who said RIM would be broken up and sold 18 months ago?

    Or are we talking about experts whose expertise is experting?

    Now I'm no expert on the matter but I question the experience of some of these so called experts expertise ....strange...all of a sudden I feel like exercising..bye!

    Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
  2. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications
    #27  

    Default will it be really successful?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrownIsle View Post
    Haha yes! I first BlackBerry has that amazing trackwheel! Man that phone made me feel like a BOSS!!!! lol

    I think I will be getting an ipod touch quite frankly- Need a new ipod and frankly I can use apps on there and still enjoy the BB10.

    I know with my current BlackBerry 9810, I cannot send any video as email or text because even a 2 second video is too large- but all my friends send me jokes and vids that are a minute sometimes more in length via a text or email straight from their phones. I am envious of that. I'd also like to have filters on our camera, I 'll tell no lie ;-)
    When video cam is launched hit options and change the video mode from normal to MMS mode and you will be able to send videos via text email BBM etc.

    Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    Thanked by:
    CrownIsle (01-15-2013) 
    CrownIsle likes this.
  3. CrownIsle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    396 Posts
    PIN
    24EF8E5A
    #28  

    Default

    BBMORE, thanks.....how I have over looked that is BEYOND me. I'm red faced even!!! lol thanks. I guess I shouldn't always expect things to be in HD large files!
    "Do not boast old woman, your death sits in that cage."
    PIN- 24EF8E5A
    BB_Bmore likes this.
  4. BBNation's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    840 Posts
    #29  

    Default

    Just ask that BMO expert who downgraded stock and went up 15%, ask that Cramer crazy dude, still bashing RIMM and does not want to admit that he was wrong..he was bashing when it was $6 and still
  5. OpelBlitz's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    98 Posts
    #30  

    Default

    Well, it's difficult for me to say - but, all sorts of analysts and geeks alike who have seen BB10 and the Z10 have said very positive things about RIM now. And of course, stocks have improved recently. It's an interesting breath of fresh air actually, and each time I hear something about RIM or BB10 on the financial news on the radio, I get pumped up. And I've occasionally (inadverently) said "f*** yeah!" in front of my 7-month daughter.
  6. jdhooghe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    #31  

    Default

    From what I've gathered, a lot of people's hearts are still with Blackberry and only switched because RIM got too comfortable with being on top(like Apple and Google are doing now) and stagnated. People tend to remember the "good ol' days" and I believe RIM will gain back that market share if they release a modern phone with the apps that people adore so much. RIM and Nokia have learned the hard lesson, are modernizing and will hopefully, although doubtful(people always repeat the past), remember to always go with the current flow.

    All this is being said by someone who's first smartphone was a Droid Incredible(sucked so much), moved to a 4S and then got bored and got a Nokia 920 so take it with a grain of salt as I am very much ignorant about everything BB related :P
  7. DLEII's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    116 Posts
    #32  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    From what I've gathered, a lot of people's hearts are still with Blackberry and only switched because RIM got too comfortable with being on top(like Apple and Google are doing now) and stagnated. People tend to remember the "good ol' days" and I believe RIM will gain back that market share if they release a modern phone with the apps that people adore so much. :P
    Funny you said that. I had a conv with a friend about this. She was so passionate about how BB had let her down....OS sucks...etc. I shared with her a little then asked her to check into it for herself. She was exactly as you said, she was wanting to like BB for so long and they made her mad. I bet she and other like her will be easy to get back on the BB train.
  8. ladeberry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    123 Posts
    PIN
    28c55527
    #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GunzRx View Post
    ; back to the new phone thing, everything this year is a 5inch 1080p screen and quad 1.5ghz+ standard. The z10 will have a 4.2-4.3 720p screen and a dual core of x ghz.
    Last year's phone in other words.
    what year are you talking about??????....... 2013 ?? which phones have been released this year.... ????? it easy to manufacture specs from thin air and then compare them to an unreleased phone then go ahead to proclaim its last year's phone.... ....... just as easy as me saying i'll win a grammy this year......even with my froggy voice :d
    curve8310--curve8900--tour9650--curve8520-bold9780--torch9810--Playbook 32gb-Q10
  9. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    How about waiting and seeing? A lot of "the experts" don't always demonstrate the "expertise" that many people give them credit for.
    All we can hope is that BlackBerry OS 10 is at least on par with Apple iOS 6 because the iPhone is the real competitor to the BlackBerry. Based solely on the videos posted on this forum BlackBerry OS 10 seems fluid and easy to navigate and better than iOS 6 but until we have it in our hands for a period of time we can only speculate and be hopeful about the future. Whether the future is sunny or cloudy is in RIM's hands and there's alone until after 30 January 2013.
  10. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #35  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladeberry View Post
    . just as easy as me saying i'll win a grammy this year......even with my froggy voice :d
    Kermit...is that you?
  11. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpelBlitz View Post
    And I've occasionally (inadverently) said "f*** yeah!" in front of my 7-month daughter.
    Bite down on this bar of soap and count to 20 before opening your mouth. Do this each time you swear in the presence of your daughter until she is married.
  12. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    5,285 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,286 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #37  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DLEII View Post
    Funny you said that. I had a conv with a friend about this. She was so passionate about how BB had let her down....OS sucks...etc. I shared with her a little then asked her to check into it for herself. She was exactly as you said, she was wanting to like BB for so long and they made her mad. I bet she and other like her will be easy to get back on the BB train.
    There have been several threads here on CB that go along the lines of "RIM marketing sucks! Nobody knows about BB10 and the launch is doomed to failure". The truth is, RIM is employing an EXTREMELY well-planned strategy, and the conversation you describe with your friend here helps explain it.

    RIM executives have been very busy in the past several months. They've been cultivating their relationships with developers, with carriers, with the business press, and with carefully-selected industry insiders. This is all fairly low-profile, and that's intentional. If there was a lot of public hype, people like your friend would be skeptical in the extreme.

    Everybody knows the Blackberry brand. They don't need to be educated about the brand. They DO need to hear the story about how the company and the product have changed, but until people can actually SEE the product, hyping it is only a waste of hot air.

    I've long held that while RIM will obviously publicize this launch, the mass-market pitch is going to be more along the lines of getting handsets out to current enthusiasts and "influencers", and let them show off cool features like the keyboard and the time-shift camera. What's going to win back old customers is not going to be advertising, it will be seeing how hyped their friends are.
    Thanked by 4:
    CrownIsle (01-19-2013),  SoCalRedbird (01-19-2013),  jakie55 (01-19-2013),  web99 (01-19-2013) 
  13. DLEII's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    116 Posts
    #38  

    Default

    I for one think that we are in for a pleasant surprise regarding marketing of BB10. This is a whole new leadership team and from what we have all read, they seem to "get it" when it comes to giving the general public what they want/need.
    peter9477 likes this.
  14. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,049 Global Posts
    #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel25 View Post
    Oh just the fact my bp bricked on me. Also my browser crashes every so often. Copy and paste is trash. Why can't I do something simple like video chat folks who don't have bb.

    People.are so quick to say oh I don't video chat.

    If I spend 500 bucks on a my tablet that's the last thing I should have to worry about. I can't even talk to my friends I have to use my ipod. Also lack of apps i shouldn't have to side load anything.

    Bb makes me so damm angry sometimes I feel as if I'm in the stone age.
    Hmm ... not a nice experience for you. Never had a "brick" issue with the Playbook ever. Copy and Paste kind of bugs me too and the broswer crashing really bugs me.

    Of course, I also got a 64 GB for $200 bucks.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  15. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,049 Global Posts
    #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    All this is being said by someone who's first smartphone was a Droid Incredible(sucked so much), moved to a 4S and then got bored and got a Nokia 920 so take it with a grain of salt as I am very much ignorant about everything BB related :P
    And yet, you're on a forum called "crackberry.com". ;-)
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  16. jdhooghe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    #41  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kill_9 View Post
    All we can hope is that BlackBerry OS 10 is at least on par with Apple iOS 6 because the iPhone is the real competitor to the BlackBerry. Based solely on the videos posted on this forum BlackBerry OS 10 seems fluid and easy to navigate and better than iOS 6 but until we have it in our hands for a period of time we can only speculate and be hopeful about the future. Whether the future is sunny or cloudy is in RIM's hands and there's alone until after 30 January 2013.
    This. BB must, MUST differentiate itself from Apple. Although their OSs look a lot a like, BB must tell people about the differences. I get in a lot of tiffs , it seems, with people on here about how much BB10 looks like iOS. They MUST differentiate themselves from the get-go
  17. jdhooghe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    #42  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    And yet, you're on a forum called "crackberry.com". ;-)
    I looove my 920, don't get me wrong. It is so incredibly different that it wows me all the time. The app situation and little things make me angry but I can look past them. I won't be one of the people to get a Z10 when they first come out as I want to see how much like iOS it will be to warrant me getting one because I really, really got bored of iOS.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
  18. Phill_UK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

    Posts
    12,709 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts
    #43  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    I get in a lot of tiffs , it seems, with people on here about how much BB10 looks like iOS.
    Hardly surprising... they're completely different.
    That's Phill with 2 L's
  19. Pilchard's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    862 Posts
    #44  

    Default

    The best time to plant a tree is 100 years ago. The second best time is now. RIM is very late to the party, but they've arrived with plenty of booze and a large group of friends is at the party waiting for them. BB10 looks like a great OS, there are plenty of apps, the carriers look to be supportive. As long as the delayed launch means it's a reliable product for early adopters then the press coverage should be favourable and they are back at the top table. RIM staff seem to be super confident in the product, and that's a great sign.

    I know I'm really looking forward to getting my Z10.
    Z10 official OS 10.2.1.537 (STL 100-2)
    Mrs Pilchard has a Q10
    Playbook (best not talk about that one)
    Thanked by:
    peter9477 (01-19-2013) 
    jcarty, @3iza, jakie55 and 4 others like this.
  20. peter9477's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts
    #45  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    RIM is very late to the party, but they've arrived with plenty of booze and a large group of friends is at the party waiting for them.
    Oh, brilliantly crafted! Can we use that? :-)
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    Thanked by 2:
    SoCalRedbird (01-19-2013),  Pilchard (01-19-2013) 
    CrownIsle and SoCalRedbird like this.
  21. SoCalRedbird's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    207 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #46  

    Default

    I thought delaying BB10 from this summer was the nail in RIM's coffin, but I've changed my mind. IPhone was king this summer, and I'm not sure BlackBerry 10 would've sold even if Jesus Christ made it His preference. That said, the January 30 launch could work if/since the following:

    A) The Apple momentum is shifting. Iphone's bread and butter has been on innovation and reliability. The reliability piece might be there, but the innovation is not. Without much difference between the iPhone 5 and its predecessor, people are beginning to look elsewhere. Although I have no research to back it up, Apple seems to be losing the "cool factor."

    B) BlackBerry 10 will not have to compete with anyone else's launch on January 30.

    C) Limited leaks and information have NOT given BlackBerry-hating media sites a platform to kill the product before its launch. This was the case with the OS7 phones and the PlayBook. Those products were not perfect, but media NEVER gave any of them (especially the PlayBook) the benefit of the doubt.

    D) And, most importantly, the BlackBerry 10 is a solid product with mass appeal. RIM has not only catered to the "BlackBerry people," but others too.

    I think BlackBerry 10's relative long-term success boils down marketing in the short term. They MUST do a better job than they ever have before. Not just on commercials and print ads either, but also word-of-mouth and social media campaigns. They need to get the US carriers and their sales teams behind the product. Finding an AT&T/Verizon/Sprint employee who actively pushes BlackBerry is more rare than a unicorn sighting.

    On a side note, count me in as a long-time BlackBerry owner who will buy at launch. I've seen enough.
    Bilaal and harshalbid271 like this.
  22. BBThemes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,368 Posts
    #47  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bharuch7282 View Post
    I think as per the experts say its too late for BB10 to arrive but do u think its the fact and reality
    so its too late for tizen, ubuntu, firefox and any other OS too then yes?

    also, `experts` said RIM was dead years ago, `experts` said apple was a $1000 stock. `experts` said the playbook had a 3-4 hour battery life, `experts` missed the whole financial crash.
    begs the question, why do we listen to experts? in any other job if you got so much of your core job wrong, you`d be fired.

    Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900


    For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    cjcampbell likes this.
  23. aha
    aha is offline
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,237 Posts
    #48  

    Default Re: will it be really successful?

    Quote Originally Posted by bharuch7282 View Post
    I think as per the experts say its too late for BB10 to arrive but do u think its the fact and reality
    That was long time ago....the force is strong with this one now
  24. Bbnivende's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,247 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,256 Global Posts
    #49  

    Default

    "Finding an AT&T/Verizon/Sprint employee who actively pushes BlackBerry is more rare than a unicorn sighting."

    This is true everywhere and it is a big problem. Crackberry folk are not your typical consumer. It is important that the lowly sales clerk has something to play with and test out . They need to see for themselves by comparison to their own Iphone/Android.

    I am thinking that big business - government /IT will come back.
    CrownIsle likes this.
  25. sectionsix's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DDF6E3
    #50  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EricXC1 View Post
    I thought delaying BB10 from this summer was the nail in RIM's coffin, but I've changed my mind. IPhone was king this summer, and I'm not sure BlackBerry 10 would've sold even if Jesus Christ made it His preference. That said, the January 30 launch could work if/since the following:

    A) The Apple momentum is shifting. Iphone's bread and butter has been on innovation and reliability. The reliability piece might be there, but the innovation is not. Without much difference between the iPhone 5 and its predecessor, people are beginning to look elsewhere. Although I have no research to back it up, Apple seems to be losing the "cool factor."

    B) BlackBerry 10 will not have to compete with anyone else's launch on January 30.

    C) Limited leaks and information have NOT given BlackBerry-hating media sites a platform to kill the product before its launch. This was the case with the OS7 phones and the PlayBook. Those products were not perfect, but media NEVER gave any of them (especially the PlayBook) the benefit of the doubt.

    D) And, most importantly, the BlackBerry 10 is a solid product with mass appeal. RIM has not only catered to the "BlackBerry people," but others too.

    I think BlackBerry 10's relative long-term success boils down marketing in the short term. They MUST do a better job than they ever have before. Not just on commercials and print ads either, but also word-of-mouth and social media campaigns. They need to get the US carriers and their sales teams behind the product. Finding an AT&T/Verizon/Sprint employee who actively pushes BlackBerry is more rare than a unicorn sighting.

    On a side note, count me in as a long-time BlackBerry owner who will buy at launch. I've seen enough.

    The part I bolded made me chuckle.
    Owner of T-Mobile Bold 9780 and a 16GB Playbook
    @sectionsix
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How cold will it be while you're in line Friday morning?!
    By alan8385 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
  2. November 21, 2008. What will it be like?!?!
    By spartan905 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 08:37 AM
  3. Lost 8330 will it be a big change if i go 8830?
    By YKHANBB in forum BlackBerry 8830 WE
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 07:20 AM
  4. Will it be available online the day of release?
    By joelpatrick in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 07:11 AM
  5. If Verizon gets Niagara will it be hi speed?
    By CSI Guy in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 07:09 AM

Posting Permissions