Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60
Like Tree63Likes
  1. bharuch7282's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask !!!!!!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default will it be really successful?

    I think as per the experts say its too late for BB10 to arrive but do u think its the fact and reality
  2. jimpilot's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,487 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,569 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bharuch7282 View Post
    I think as per the experts say its too late for BB10 to arrive but do u think its the fact and reality
    One thing I've learned over the years is things are never static and the "next best thing" can come from anywhere. If this OS is as good as it seems it will be the next best thing and will do well. (IMO of course).
    stacehamilton likes this.
  3. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,507 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,512 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bharuch7282 View Post
    I think as per the experts say its too late for BB10 to arrive but do u think its the fact and reality
    How about waiting and seeing? A lot of "the experts" don't always demonstrate the "expertise" that many people give them credit for.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    Thunderbuck likes this.
  4. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,920 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    How about not posting your negativity on a BlackBerry fan site. Take it elsewhere where you may be appreciated.
    buwee, terreos and Lehomer like this.
  5. simu31's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    572 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bharuch7282 View Post
    I think as per the experts say its too late for BB10 to arrive but do u think its the fact and reality
    I'm sorry, I don't want to critisise because I don't know what your first language is, but "fact" and "reality" are the same thing.
    So you're basically saying: "I think the same as the "experts", that it's too late for BB10, do you agree?".

    To which I'd say:
    1/ Which "experts" are your refering to?
    2/ Can you quantify WHY in all your vast knowledge of the future, that you think it's "too late" for BB10?
    3/ Can I have this Friday's Euromillions numbers please (it's 33million €uros)... seeming as you have knowledge of the future?

    And no, I don't think it's too late for BB10. As you've chosen not to quantify your argument, neither will I.

    Si.

    P.S. Good luck with this thread staying open
    robkd likes this.
  6. BergerKing's Avatar

    Posts
    30,808 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,065 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.
    #6  

    Default

    Since when did biased wonks become experts? Geeze, we've watched them survive over a year without a new phone and eveybody but King Kong dumping on them, and they're still in the game, and still afloat despite all the negativity. Give it a rest.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
    Thanked by 3:
    BoldtotheMax (01-15-2013),  Darlaten (01-15-2013),  jakie55 (01-09-2013) 
    ubizmo and Bilaal like this.
  7. koool1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    907 Posts
    Global Posts
    909 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Too late for what is what I always say.

    I know a lot of people that have ditched iPhones for Android. I also know people that have come back to Blackberry 7 from other phones to get a keyboard back. RIM has the only 2 phones it needs to compete coming January 30 and if it is as productive and integrated as it looks and the major apps are there I think it has a good shot to start building back some market share. Would love to see 5% in the U.S. again by year end as a building block and with good marketing it's possible. At the end of the day - joe blow can keep all his Apple apps on his iPod/iPad and get something more productive than an iPhone for the day - BB10 looks like it has a good shot at getting back some customers, especially people who had a berry before.
    BergerKing likes this.
  8. AVPTI's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,677 Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request.
    #8  

    Default

    Did we really need another thread about this ?????
    XoXoXo
  9. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,270 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Nope. BB10 is too little, too late. It is DOA. It's a ripoff of iPhone5. The gestures are too complicated. There won't be any app support or ecosystem. The specs won't be enough. They should have just gone with Android. RIP RIM. Let's just shut this site down already.



    On the other hand, I think it will be a great success.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
  10. DarioBB92's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    52 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    Nope. BB10 is too little, too late. It is DOA. It's a ripoff of iPhone5. The gestures are too complicated. There won't be any app support or ecosystem. The specs won't be enough. They should have just gone with Android. RIP RIM. Let's just shut this site down alrea


    On the other hand, I think it will be a great success.
    cheeky *******.
  11. Frosty_Power's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    583 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Will it outsell Android and iOS right away? I don't think it will right away, but I believe it maybe the start of BB being the cool one on the block. That could snowball into something similar to what the iPhone did in '07 when RIM/Nokia dominated the market. Hopefully history repeats itself like it always does, as seen now with Apple and RIM with the tables turned. It will take time, maybe a couple years but I believe BB10 will keep a lot of current BB owners from switching over to Android and iOS and also take a bunch of previous BB users back. If they can do that, then they will be successful. Just cause it may not sell bizzilions of phones right away like Android and iOS, doesn't mean it's not successful. I believe success will come and the company will improve over time but it's definitely never too late.
    7230>7780>8700>8100>8300>9000>8900>9700>9800>9860> 9900>Z10>Q10
    Currently a new Z30, the best phone I've ever had hands down.
    Several iPhones, Androids, and WP in between.
    DJM626 likes this.
  12. CrownIsle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    408 Posts
    PIN
    24EF8E5A
    #12  

    Default

    This is RIM's time to shine. They have all the tools and power to make it happen . . . it will unfold as it needs to soon!

    Having said that, having had ONLY BlackBerry for 12 years- if this first phone misses the mark (for me) then I think I'm floating over to Android or iPhone. My friends can do great things on their phones that I just cannot seem to.
    "Do not boast old woman, your death sits in that cage."
    PIN- 24EF8E5A
    Thanked by:
    djrupey (01-19-2013) 
  13. GunzRx's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    99 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Rim will obv. keep all the people who text a lot esp. dispatchers, (truckers, etc.) and many business people due to the security.

    Idk why there's so much backlash against talking about this, as when I hear about new phones I do get a little dis-enheartened. I'm on a 9810 and it would be perfect if it had a dual-core from 2010 (like on the mytouch 4g slide). All I want is for it boot a little faster (like a cyanogen) and not randomly freeze and reset.

    I would do more if I had a newer phone but 3 weeks; back to the new phone thing, everything this year is a 5inch 1080p screen and quad 1.5ghz+ standard. The z10 will have a 4.2-4.3 720p screen and a dual core of x ghz.

    Last year's phone in other words. Apple phones have strong gpus going for them, and you don't need the best cpu to get work done as it's the efficiency as well but I think things could go either way but the odds are in RIM's favor.

    It really does depend upon its skill but what I've learned is that when anything comes down to just your skill. You Win.

    Always,
  14. SK122387's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,352 Posts
    PIN
    2BD8B4C8
    #14  

    Default

    No one knows yet. I'm almost overwhelmed by the seemingly high number of apps that are coming. For the last 2 years or so, I've had an iPod touch that I bring with me sometimes, and use it for the apps that my BlackBerry doesn't have.

    I almost prefer it this way, to be honest. I know my BlackBerry won't be running out of battery if I'm on Instagram or playing Words With Friends or something. In fact, I'm still gonna keep my new iPod touch, and use that primarily for the apps. I just don't really care to watch videos and all that stuff on my PHONE. I'm probably an exception though, and I do hope that Android and iPhone owners switch to or consider BlackBerry 10, because everyone else I know is obsessed with apps and watching sh1t on their phones. I don't get it, but I WILL be getting whatever BlackBerry 10 phone launches first!
    Sean

    Twitter: @SeanKelleher
  15. dr0800's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    120 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bharuch7282 View Post
    I think as per the experts say its too late for BB10 to arrive but do u think its the fact and reality
    In reply to your question; I would ask how many experts are design engineers or software engineers and have a deep understanding of the market? Often they just write pieces rehashing their own prejudices.
    The mobile os ecosystem is in a state of flux. One sees a plethora of new players; Windows 8,Ubantu, Tizen, Sailfish all trying to gain traction. It would be more pertinent to ask how many android users would have to jump ship to make BB10 a success? 4%, 5%? That would represent a doubling of RIM's market share in the consumer market.
  16. Mel25's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    539 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    I'm just going to wait and see . The playbook 2.0 update broke my heart i'm not getting my hopes up like that again. Not blaming rim i'll just get a note 2 pending reviews on the z10.
  17. jimpilot's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,487 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,569 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    I bit hard on the Playbook and I am doing it again on BB10. I hope it doesn't fulfill the saying "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"
    BergerKing likes this.
  18. Tim-ANC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    833 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrownIsle View Post
    This is RIM's time to shine. They have all the tools and power to make it happen . . . it will unfold as it needs to soon!

    Having said that, having had ONLY BlackBerry for 12 years- if this first phone misses the mark (for me) then I think I'm floating over to Android or iPhone. My friends can do great things on their phones that I just cannot seem to.
    12 years: Nice! But hey man, get with the times. The track wheel devices are out now.
    http://www.907outdoors.com

    Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
    CrownIsle and lwaysluking like this.
  19. donmateo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,892 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    I forgot my crystal ball at home, but I believe it will be a very key product in the RIM-aissance .
    BergerKing likes this.
  20. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    6,342 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,345 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bharuch7282 View Post
    I think as per the experts say its too late for BB10 to arrive but do u think its the fact and reality
    Seems to depend entirely on the "expert". There have been several high-profile financial analysts who have been extremely critical of RIM in the past who have lately had a change of heart.

    I hold RIM stock, and I can't afford to sentimentalize. I'm holding long, because I see the company delivering on its commitments and executing way better than it did in 2011. I've had a chance to not just try a Dev Alpha, but to actually live with it for awhile, and I'm very comfortable in saying that this is an appealing product that will change the way many people view BlackBerry.

    See, I have actual evidence on my side, and even I'M not saying it's not "too late". I wouldn't presume to know. What I DO know is that they've done as much as anybody could have expected them to do, and that they stand an excellent chance of success.
    Thanked by 4:
    DJM626 (01-16-2013),  jakie55 (01-10-2013),  lwaysluking (01-19-2013),  web99 (01-19-2013) 
    ubizmo, jvictor77, DJM626 and 4 others like this.
  21. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,507 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,512 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel25 View Post
    The playbook 2.0 update broke my heart
    Why?
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  22. CrownIsle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    408 Posts
    PIN
    24EF8E5A
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-ANC View Post
    12 years: Nice! But hey man, get with the times. The track wheel devices are out now.
    Haha yes! I first BlackBerry has that amazing trackwheel! Man that phone made me feel like a BOSS!!!! lol

    I think I will be getting an ipod touch quite frankly- Need a new ipod and frankly I can use apps on there and still enjoy the BB10.

    I know with my current BlackBerry 9810, I cannot send any video as email or text because even a 2 second video is too large- but all my friends send me jokes and vids that are a minute sometimes more in length via a text or email straight from their phones. I am envious of that. I'd also like to have filters on our camera, I 'll tell no lie ;-)
    "Do not boast old woman, your death sits in that cage."
    PIN- 24EF8E5A
    Thanked by:
    djrupey (01-19-2013) 
    Mel25 likes this.
  23. Tim-ANC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    833 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Had the track wheel on my first BB 7130. Thought it was awesome. Yeah the downside to a multitasking device is you multitask with it. When I have my 9800 on TuneIn radio plugged into speakers, I don't want to interrupt it by carrying it around. I know, time to get Bluetooth speakers.
    http://www.907outdoors.com

    Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
    Thanked by:
    djrupey (01-19-2013) 
  24. Raptor007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,149 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,162 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Most of the so called experts are gas bags that simply spew out stats and their opinion, while everyone is entitled to theirs each person should reserve judgement until they see the final product. Sadly in our world today its about what's trendy and hip (iphone) and less about what gives you the most for your money. If RIM lives up to their promises and delivers on the delays with a solid OS and product launch then they have a shot. What is hurting Microsoft the most right now is the fact that Nokia is the # device OEM and their #1 product is the 920, which is ONLY on ATT in the US, Sprint is doing nothing until summer and Verizon high end phone is not so high end, the Nokia 822 is the best choice and the Ativ Odyssey is well low end. Verizon needs solid mid/high end phones from BlackBerry and Windows Phone (8) to get marketshare away from iOS and Android to diversify their products.
    Twitter: RaptorOO7

    I tried to remember my mobile device history and realized I have had way too many to remember them all.
  25. Mel25's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    539 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    Why?
    Oh just the fact my bp bricked on me. Also my browser crashes every so often. Copy and paste is trash. Why can't I do something simple like video chat folks who don't have bb.

    People.are so quick to say oh I don't video chat.

    If I spend 500 bucks on a my tablet that's the last thing I should have to worry about. I can't even talk to my friends I have to use my ipod. Also lack of apps i shouldn't have to side load anything.

    Bb makes me so damm angry sometimes I feel as if I'm in the stone age.
    CrownIsle likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How cold will it be while you're in line Friday morning?!
    By alan8385 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
  2. November 21, 2008. What will it be like?!?!
    By spartan905 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 08:37 AM
  3. Lost 8330 will it be a big change if i go 8830?
    By YKHANBB in forum BlackBerry 8830 WE
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 07:20 AM
  4. Will it be available online the day of release?
    By joelpatrick in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 07:11 AM
  5. If Verizon gets Niagara will it be hi speed?
    By CSI Guy in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 07:09 AM

Posting Permissions