Could these be the same experts who said RIM would be broken up and sold 18 months ago?

Or are we talking about experts whose expertise is experting?

Now I'm no expert on the matter but I question the experience of some of these so called experts expertise ....strange...all of a sudden I feel like exercising..bye!

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-09-13 11:47 PM
    Haha yes! I first BlackBerry has that amazing trackwheel! Man that phone made me feel like a BOSS!!!! lol

I think I will be getting an ipod touch quite frankly- Need a new ipod and frankly I can use apps on there and still enjoy the BB10.

I know with my current BlackBerry 9810, I cannot send any video as email or text because even a 2 second video is too large- but all my friends send me jokes and vids that are a minute sometimes more in length via a text or email straight from their phones. I am envious of that. I'd also like to have filters on our camera, I 'll tell no lie ;-)
    When video cam is launched hit options and change the video mode from normal to MMS mode and you will be able to send videos via text email BBM etc.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    CrownIsle likes this.
    01-10-13 12:02 AM
    BBMORE, thanks.....how I have over looked that is BEYOND me. I'm red faced even!!! lol thanks. I guess I shouldn't always expect things to be in HD large files!
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    01-15-13 12:03 AM
    Just ask that BMO expert who downgraded stock and went up 15%, ask that Cramer crazy dude, still bashing RIMM and does not want to admit that he was wrong..he was bashing when it was $6 and still
    01-15-13 01:09 AM
    Well, it's difficult for me to say - but, all sorts of analysts and geeks alike who have seen BB10 and the Z10 have said very positive things about RIM now. And of course, stocks have improved recently. It's an interesting breath of fresh air actually, and each time I hear something about RIM or BB10 on the financial news on the radio, I get pumped up. And I've occasionally (inadverently) said "f*** yeah!" in front of my 7-month daughter.
    01-15-13 01:39 AM
    From what I've gathered, a lot of people's hearts are still with Blackberry and only switched because RIM got too comfortable with being on top(like Apple and Google are doing now) and stagnated. People tend to remember the "good ol' days" and I believe RIM will gain back that market share if they release a modern phone with the apps that people adore so much. RIM and Nokia have learned the hard lesson, are modernizing and will hopefully, although doubtful(people always repeat the past), remember to always go with the current flow.

All this is being said by someone who's first smartphone was a Droid Incredible(sucked so much), moved to a 4S and then got bored and got a Nokia 920 so take it with a grain of salt as I am very much ignorant about everything BB related :P
    01-16-13 04:49 AM
    From what I've gathered, a lot of people's hearts are still with Blackberry and only switched because RIM got too comfortable with being on top(like Apple and Google are doing now) and stagnated. People tend to remember the "good ol' days" and I believe RIM will gain back that market share if they release a modern phone with the apps that people adore so much. :P
    Funny you said that. I had a conv with a friend about this. She was so passionate about how BB had let her down....OS sucks...etc. I shared with her a little then asked her to check into it for herself. She was exactly as you said, she was wanting to like BB for so long and they made her mad. I bet she and other like her will be easy to get back on the BB train.
    01-17-13 08:43 AM
    ; back to the new phone thing, everything this year is a 5inch 1080p screen and quad 1.5ghz+ standard. The z10 will have a 4.2-4.3 720p screen and a dual core of x ghz.
    Last year's phone in other words.
    what year are you talking about??????....... 2013 ?? which phones have been released this year.... ????? it easy to manufacture specs from thin air and then compare them to an unreleased phone then go ahead to proclaim its last year's phone.... ....... just as easy as me saying i'll win a grammy this year......even with my froggy voice :d
    01-17-13 08:58 AM
    How about waiting and seeing? A lot of "the experts" don't always demonstrate the "expertise" that many people give them credit for.
    All we can hope is that BlackBerry OS 10 is at least on par with Apple iOS 6 because the iPhone is the real competitor to the BlackBerry. Based solely on the videos posted on this forum BlackBerry OS 10 seems fluid and easy to navigate and better than iOS 6 but until we have it in our hands for a period of time we can only speculate and be hopeful about the future. Whether the future is sunny or cloudy is in RIM's hands and there's alone until after 30 January 2013.
    01-17-13 03:52 PM
    . just as easy as me saying i'll win a grammy this year......even with my froggy voice :d
    Kermit...is that you?
    01-17-13 03:53 PM
    And I've occasionally (inadverently) said "f*** yeah!" in front of my 7-month daughter.
    Bite down on this bar of soap and count to 20 before opening your mouth. Do this each time you swear in the presence of your daughter until she is married.
    01-17-13 03:56 PM
    Funny you said that. I had a conv with a friend about this. She was so passionate about how BB had let her down....OS sucks...etc. I shared with her a little then asked her to check into it for herself. She was exactly as you said, she was wanting to like BB for so long and they made her mad. I bet she and other like her will be easy to get back on the BB train.
    There have been several threads here on CB that go along the lines of "RIM marketing sucks! Nobody knows about BB10 and the launch is doomed to failure". The truth is, RIM is employing an EXTREMELY well-planned strategy, and the conversation you describe with your friend here helps explain it.

RIM executives have been very busy in the past several months. They've been cultivating their relationships with developers, with carriers, with the business press, and with carefully-selected industry insiders. This is all fairly low-profile, and that's intentional. If there was a lot of public hype, people like your friend would be skeptical in the extreme.

Everybody knows the Blackberry brand. They don't need to be educated about the brand. They DO need to hear the story about how the company and the product have changed, but until people can actually SEE the product, hyping it is only a waste of hot air.

I've long held that while RIM will obviously publicize this launch, the mass-market pitch is going to be more along the lines of getting handsets out to current enthusiasts and "influencers", and let them show off cool features like the keyboard and the time-shift camera. What's going to win back old customers is not going to be advertising, it will be seeing how hyped their friends are.
    01-17-13 04:07 PM
    I for one think that we are in for a pleasant surprise regarding marketing of BB10. This is a whole new leadership team and from what we have all read, they seem to "get it" when it comes to giving the general public what they want/need.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-17-13 05:15 PM
    Oh just the fact my bp bricked on me. Also my browser crashes every so often. Copy and paste is trash. Why can't I do something simple like video chat folks who don't have bb.

People.are so quick to say oh I don't video chat.

If I spend 500 bucks on a my tablet that's the last thing I should have to worry about. I can't even talk to my friends I have to use my ipod. Also lack of apps i shouldn't have to side load anything.

Bb makes me so damm angry sometimes I feel as if I'm in the stone age.
    Hmm ... not a nice experience for you. Never had a "brick" issue with the Playbook ever. Copy and Paste kind of bugs me too and the broswer crashing really bugs me.

Of course, I also got a 64 GB for $200 bucks.
    01-17-13 05:21 PM
    All this is being said by someone who's first smartphone was a Droid Incredible(sucked so much), moved to a 4S and then got bored and got a Nokia 920 so take it with a grain of salt as I am very much ignorant about everything BB related :P
    And yet, you're on a forum called "crackberry.com". ;-)
    01-17-13 05:23 PM
    All we can hope is that BlackBerry OS 10 is at least on par with Apple iOS 6 because the iPhone is the real competitor to the BlackBerry. Based solely on the videos posted on this forum BlackBerry OS 10 seems fluid and easy to navigate and better than iOS 6 but until we have it in our hands for a period of time we can only speculate and be hopeful about the future. Whether the future is sunny or cloudy is in RIM's hands and there's alone until after 30 January 2013.
    This. BB must, MUST differentiate itself from Apple. Although their OSs look a lot a like, BB must tell people about the differences. I get in a lot of tiffs , it seems, with people on here about how much BB10 looks like iOS. They MUST differentiate themselves from the get-go
    01-17-13 06:04 PM
    And yet, you're on a forum called "crackberry.com". ;-)
    I looove my 920, don't get me wrong. It is so incredibly different that it wows me all the time. The app situation and little things make me angry but I can look past them. I won't be one of the people to get a Z10 when they first come out as I want to see how much like iOS it will be to warrant me getting one because I really, really got bored of iOS.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    01-17-13 06:05 PM
    I get in a lot of tiffs , it seems, with people on here about how much BB10 looks like iOS.
    Hardly surprising... they're completely different.
    01-17-13 07:14 PM
    The best time to plant a tree is 100 years ago. The second best time is now. RIM is very late to the party, but they've arrived with plenty of booze and a large group of friends is at the party waiting for them. BB10 looks like a great OS, there are plenty of apps, the carriers look to be supportive. As long as the delayed launch means it's a reliable product for early adopters then the press coverage should be favourable and they are back at the top table. RIM staff seem to be super confident in the product, and that's a great sign.

I know I'm really looking forward to getting my Z10.
    peter9477, jcarty, @3iza and 4 others like this.
    01-19-13 04:22 AM
    RIM is very late to the party, but they've arrived with plenty of booze and a large group of friends is at the party waiting for them.
    Oh, brilliantly crafted! Can we use that? :-)
    01-19-13 08:18 AM
    I thought delaying BB10 from this summer was the nail in RIM's coffin, but I've changed my mind. IPhone was king this summer, and I'm not sure BlackBerry 10 would've sold even if Jesus Christ made it His preference. That said, the January 30 launch could work if/since the following:

A) The Apple momentum is shifting. Iphone's bread and butter has been on innovation and reliability. The reliability piece might be there, but the innovation is not. Without much difference between the iPhone 5 and its predecessor, people are beginning to look elsewhere. Although I have no research to back it up, Apple seems to be losing the "cool factor."

B) BlackBerry 10 will not have to compete with anyone else's launch on January 30.

C) Limited leaks and information have NOT given BlackBerry-hating media sites a platform to kill the product before its launch. This was the case with the OS7 phones and the PlayBook. Those products were not perfect, but media NEVER gave any of them (especially the PlayBook) the benefit of the doubt.

D) And, most importantly, the BlackBerry 10 is a solid product with mass appeal. RIM has not only catered to the "BlackBerry people," but others too.

I think BlackBerry 10's relative long-term success boils down marketing in the short term. They MUST do a better job than they ever have before. Not just on commercials and print ads either, but also word-of-mouth and social media campaigns. They need to get the US carriers and their sales teams behind the product. Finding an AT&T/Verizon/Sprint employee who actively pushes BlackBerry is more rare than a unicorn sighting.

On a side note, count me in as a long-time BlackBerry owner who will buy at launch. I've seen enough.
    harshalbid271 and Bilaal like this.
    01-19-13 08:54 AM
    I think as per the experts say its too late for BB10 to arrive but do u think its the fact and reality
    so its too late for tizen, ubuntu, firefox and any other OS too then yes?

also, `experts` said RIM was dead years ago, `experts` said apple was a $1000 stock. `experts` said the playbook had a 3-4 hour battery life, `experts` missed the whole financial crash.
    begs the question, why do we listen to experts? in any other job if you got so much of your core job wrong, you`d be fired.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-19-13 09:07 AM
    I think as per the experts say its too late for BB10 to arrive but do u think its the fact and reality
    That was long time ago....the force is strong with this one now
    01-19-13 02:50 PM
    "Finding an AT&T/Verizon/Sprint employee who actively pushes BlackBerry is more rare than a unicorn sighting."

This is true everywhere and it is a big problem. Crackberry folk are not your typical consumer. It is important that the lowly sales clerk has something to play with and test out . They need to see for themselves by comparison to their own Iphone/Android.

I am thinking that big business - government /IT will come back.
    CrownIsle likes this.
    01-19-13 07:03 PM
    I thought delaying BB10 from this summer was the nail in RIM's coffin, but I've changed my mind. IPhone was king this summer, and I'm not sure BlackBerry 10 would've sold even if Jesus Christ made it His preference. That said, the January 30 launch could work if/since the following:

A) The Apple momentum is shifting. Iphone's bread and butter has been on innovation and reliability. The reliability piece might be there, but the innovation is not. Without much difference between the iPhone 5 and its predecessor, people are beginning to look elsewhere. Although I have no research to back it up, Apple seems to be losing the "cool factor."

B) BlackBerry 10 will not have to compete with anyone else's launch on January 30.

C) Limited leaks and information have NOT given BlackBerry-hating media sites a platform to kill the product before its launch. This was the case with the OS7 phones and the PlayBook. Those products were not perfect, but media NEVER gave any of them (especially the PlayBook) the benefit of the doubt.

D) And, most importantly, the BlackBerry 10 is a solid product with mass appeal. RIM has not only catered to the "BlackBerry people," but others too.

I think BlackBerry 10's relative long-term success boils down marketing in the short term. They MUST do a better job than they ever have before. Not just on commercials and print ads either, but also word-of-mouth and social media campaigns. They need to get the US carriers and their sales teams behind the product. Finding an AT&T/Verizon/Sprint employee who actively pushes BlackBerry is more rare than a unicorn sighting.

On a side note, count me in as a long-time BlackBerry owner who will buy at launch. I've seen enough.

The part I bolded made me chuckle.
    01-20-13 12:02 AM
60 123