Just a random thought of the day will OS 7 apps like tunein Radio and other apps that are OS 7 and below work on BB10 ?
    01-25-13 10:42 PM
    Nope. Totally different OS. Nothing from the previous OS will work unless is completely rebuilt for BB10 or is HTML5.
    01-25-13 10:45 PM
    Whole new ballgame means new apps. Like the above poster said. The dev would need to recode the app for it to work properly.

Sent from my game boy color
    01-26-13 12:06 AM
    Nope. RIM, at the beginning, PROMISED a Blackberry App Player that would be like the Android App Player (see this demo here of "native email" on the BlackBerry PlayBook which was being run inside the BB App Player - BlackBerry PlayBook Native Email and PIM Running via BlackBerry OS Emulation?!! Makes hybrid QNX/BB OS plausible on new phones? | CrackBerry.com). However, as you can seen in Alec's blog post, RIM decided to NOT pursue that.....(Developer Roadmap: BlackBerry BBX and the BlackBerry Java SDK �BlackBerry Developer Blog). This is all ancient history now though.....

RIM has worked with a lot of vendors who had BBOS7 apps to bring their apps to BB10, whether as native development or as Android ports...
    01-26-13 12:53 AM
    absolutely yes(optimised versions) +150000 more lol
    01-26-13 03:08 AM
    I'm sure they will give us credit for what we have already purchased in "BlackBerry World" I think if we paid for an app, it will be available to the consumer just in a BB10 version of the app. And I'm sure they will have plenty of new apps as well!
    01-26-13 04:25 AM
    I'm sure they will give us credit for what we have already purchased in "BlackBerry World" I think if we paid for an app, it will be available to the consumer just in a BB10 version of the app. And I'm sure they will have plenty of new apps as well!
    Yeah this would be my guess, although it will depend on how each developer wants to pursue it. Some devs may have used the move from BB7 to BB10 to do a major overhaul of their app, and as such may want you to at least pay for the upgrade. I guess we'll wait and see what they say about that. On the other hand I think that playbook apps we'll always get full credit for.
    01-26-13 05:29 AM
    I would guess not. This would probably be up to each individual developer which wouldn't have much incentive to give away their newly coded app. Why rewrite the app only to give it away.
    01-26-13 05:28 PM
    The answer is no. But they could have done it. They did it with the Android Java Layer... Why not have a BB OS 7 Java Layer? Answer, most of the apps were garbage, and slow. Plus the SDK was terrible (I speak by experience I am a Software Engineer). So, it was smart to do a clean break.

My guess is that they initially were going to write a BB OS 7 Java layer for the Playbook / BB10. But then someone realized that they could also do one for Android. So, they then dropped the idea of a BB OS 7 Java Layer... Like I said it was a smart move...
    01-27-13 09:25 AM
    Just a random thought of the day will OS 7 apps like tunein Radio and other apps that are OS 7 and below work on BB10 ?
    My random thought of the day:

Use the search function........
    01-27-13 10:18 AM
    There would only be a few threads active if people did!!! Lol!
    01-27-13 11:38 AM
    My random thought of the day:

Use the search function........
    I do the majority of my access to the forum through the CrackBerry forum app and so far have not been able to find a search function in it. I use the app because I am rarely on my computer and the app is more reliable than the BB6 web browser and easier to use than Opera Mini.

Anyway, as others have mentioned, completely different OS, devs will have to port their apps to BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    01-27-13 11:50 AM