My son told me this morning that he never bothered removing BIS from his plan when he got his Z10, he was never told that he should. It doesn't cost him anything to keep it, it's included in his plan so when he heard it should have been cancelled he never bothered. His data performance isn't the best and in all likely-hood this is the fault of his carrier - WIND Mobile - more than anything but I was wondering if he should cancel his BIS and if that would give him any data performance benefits.

I should add that one of the reasons he's a bit reticent about cancelling his BIS is that this carrier is known for using small changes like this to move people onto plans they don't want.
    04-04-13 11:01 AM
    Doubtful, the Z10 doesn't use BIS. None of the BB10 phones do or will use BIS.
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    04-04-13 11:04 AM
    Doubtful, the Z10 doesn't use BIS. None of the BB10 phones do or will use BIS.
    Thanks for your reply. I understand the Z10 doesn't use BIS but I was wondering if leaving BIS active on an account would have a detrimental affect on data performance even though it's not being used.
    04-04-13 11:14 AM
    I didn't notice any difference keeping BIS on a Rogers Plan. With the BIS still on the account, you can still use your older BlackBerry. For example, I got a Z10 on my account, played with it for a couple weeks and then gave it to my son, without any changes to his 9860 account other than using a micro-SIM. I went back to the 9900, using the SIM I had for the Z10, waiting for a Q10. We are on a shared family data plan and I haven't noticed any difference in data use.

In regards to speed, the Z10 is very fast on the Rogers LTE and my wife also has a Z10 on the Bell LTE, which is also very fast. All our accounts have BIS on them, so I don't think BIS makes a difference in speed.
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    04-04-13 11:15 AM
    I didn't notice any difference keeping BIS on a Rogers Plan. With the BIS still on the account, you can still use your older BlackBerry. For example, I got a Z10 on my account, played with it for a couple weeks and then gave it to my son, without any changes to his 9860 account other than using a micro-SIM. I went back to the 9900, using the SIM I had for the Z10, waiting for a Q10. We are on a shared family data plan and I haven't noticed any difference in data use.

In regards to speed, the Z10 is very fast on the Rogers LTE and my wife also has a Z10 on the Bell LTE, which is also very fast. All our accounts have BIS on them, so I don't think BIS makes a difference in speed.
    Thanks for the reply, that's just as I thought. His data speeds are OK, nothing special and my initial thought was his carrier not the BIS but I thought I better come here and ask, just to make sure.
    04-04-13 11:24 AM