Thought I had on this that I put in a separate thread so hopefully BlackBerry will notice as they read the cb forums...Please add your ideas

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=801965

Posted via CB10
    phoenix55 likes this.
    05-01-13 05:19 PM
    Still no one answered my question

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:40 PM
    This is why I use encryption on my media card and my device, as well as use a password. I've already resided to the fact that if my phone is stolen, I likely won't get it back. What's important is my information that is on my phone is safe. Password protection and encryption ensures this for me -
    JB
    But that's like marrying your sd card to your device. And if your device dies, so does your sd card and the data with it. So to speak.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:58 PM
    i would assume if someone wiped your z10 and then installed a new OS and blackberry id or even skipped the OS install that you wouldnt be able to track the phone via blackberry protect as that would lead to malicious/invasive tracking if you sold someone your old phone or set your wife/girl friends phone up for them and did it.

im sure the old blackberries worked this way so the z10 should too, i dont use blackberry protect, i use a zipped inside pocket so if im wrong its because i dont have first hand experience
    05-12-13 07:35 AM
    Track the phone? If armed, maybe. Device lock + SIM lock + encrypted SD card (though I'm hearing about issues from that).
    05-12-13 08:18 AM
    Yes, if you set up blackberry protect

If your phone is stolen Google blackberry protect and it will take you right to the page to sign in and find it on a map or send a "f@$# you whoever stole my phone" message to the screen. You can also make the Z10 make crazy sounds

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:16 AM
    Yes, if you set up blackberry protect

If your phone is stolen Google blackberry protect and it will take you right to the page to sign in and find it on a map or send a "f@$# you whoever stole my phone" message to the screen. You can also make the Z10 make crazy sounds

Posted via CB10
    Yes I know about that but what if he pulls out the battery, wipe the phone and insert a new BlackBerry ID, will i still be able to track it once he connect it to the internet?!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 10:44 PM
    The best way to harness this feature is to immediately get on a computer and locate the darn Z10. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    David in Durham likes this.
    05-18-13 11:28 PM
    Do it quickly.. my friend was pretty impressed at how easy it was for me to locate my phone, locked it, put up a reward message and then played a loud sound.
    She told me you need to download an app for iphones to do that
    ... not sure if she is correct but blackberry protect is pretty awesome!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:42 PM
    You can locate it if you have BlackBerry Protect turned on. Just go on their website.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:44 PM
    Man I been drinking all night drunk as **** that grey goose **** mayn.

Posted via CB10
    unbreakablej likes this.
    05-18-13 11:54 PM
    Well I looked at his other posts. He's not a bona fide troll so I'm just gonna ignore him. Maybe something was just pissing him off.

In any case, thanks for standing up for me

I tried switching BlackBerry protect off, and they asked for my BlackBerry ID password. So that's not too bad . Of course a real determined guy can get by any obstacles put in place before him/her as some others have mentioned.
    You are referring to the reply from dejanh. Imo the phrasing of dejanh's response means that they are either female or Indian, or both.
    05-19-13 04:02 AM
    please help. i was mugged and my blackberry 9900 was stolen. as soon as i could get home i went to the internet and tried to locate the phone through blackberry protect but it seems as tho the person has switched off the phone. i know the thug will most likely sell the phone. how do i locate the phone while it is switched off/ and if the person sells the phone and the user creates a new blackberry app ID will i still be able to locate the phone anyway? does blackberry have another way to locate the phone outside the bb protect app?
    03-24-14 02:36 AM
    please help. i was mugged and my blackberry 9900 was stolen. as soon as i could get home i went to the internet and tried to locate the phone through blackberry protect but it seems as tho the person has switched off the phone. i know the thug will most likely sell the phone. how do i locate the phone while it is switched off/ and if the person sells the phone and the user creates a new blackberry app ID will i still be able to locate the phone anyway? does blackberry have another way to locate the phone outside the bb protect app?
    Contact your carrier and have them block the IMEI

Posted via Z10
    03-24-14 02:41 AM
    If OFF, you canNOT locate it. You might send a message and see if someone turns it in. Tell them phone will be useless when carrier is notified. Carrier/bb can kill the reuse by locking the internal id.
    03-24-14 08:56 AM
40 12