Has anyone noticed that Wifi distance has dropped since the upgrade? It seems the Wifi strength has been turned down. Before the upgrade I had coverage in my backyard with my Z10, now I loose Wifi just by going downstairs. Nothing has changed with my Wifi equipment and my PlayBook has the same distance coverage as before.

Posted via CB10
    Pandastrong likes this.
    05-17-13 10:56 AM
    I've actually noted the opposite!

After the update my wi fi range seems to have increased. Listening to streaming audio, it used to cut out just about at the edge of my drive way. Now I can be across the street and two houses down and still get my radio stream.

Nothing on the router has changed and it is sitting in a corner in the basement.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:02 PM
    Well, how do I make the connection data rate to more than 65mbps? My router support 300mbps

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:49 PM
    There is definitely something wrong with my Wifi. Drops all the time. My iPod Touch picks up my home Wifi in my bedroom where this thing does not.

I always have to turn it off and back on again to make it work. Total BS. Might have to return this one.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:39 AM
    Wifi still as good for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 05:41 AM
    I don't find it great. Intermittent and not very long range. Can no longer rely on reaching and reading Twitter when I go upstairs to the bathroom!
    05-18-13 06:19 AM
    Well, how do I make the connection data rate to more than 65mbps? My router support 300mbps

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you have 5ghz connection enabled on your router and your phone. Your connection distance will shorten, but your theoretical maximum speed will increase.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    05-18-13 06:37 AM
    I experience this first but then i find out i was before always conected to my 2.4Ghz and the last install i choose for 5 Ghz. I deleted 5Ghz and go to 2,4 Ghz because then i have 2 floors up also connection /skype.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    05-18-13 06:58 AM
    Where would I find the setting for 2.4 or 5 GHz on the phone? I can't seem to locate it...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 01:56 AM
    a few questions ...
    I bought the new 'Ballistic' case the next day. I wonder if the case has anything to do with my deceased wifi range??

and second, is there a way to get into the guts of the phone and adjust anything to help out. My playbook 64 has the same range as it did before so we can rule out the router issues.

Thanks for your help.
    05-20-13 08:32 AM
    Has anyone noticed that Wifi distance has dropped since the upgrade? It seems the Wifi strength has been turned down. Before the upgrade I had coverage in my backyard with my Z10, now I loose Wifi just by going downstairs. Nothing has changed with my Wifi equipment and my PlayBook has the same distance coverage as before.

Posted via CB10
    I noticed the opposite. I've tried my wifi in various places not just my apartment only and the results are quite impressive, my phone picks the signal faster and log on to the network faster too. and the signal strength is more retained.

have you tried logging on to other wifi so far? how does your Z do with that?
    05-20-13 04:55 PM
    My Z10's ability to stay connected to wifi was bad before the update, but now it's terrible. I know its not the router as no other phones have any problem staying connected, and it happens on loads of different routers, depending on which i'm using/where I am.

Is there any way to sort this out? Do i have to do something to my phone? Like I said, no of my friends Iphones or androids ha e the same problem when we're using the same router. I keep having to turn wifi off and back on again on my phone for it to work, easily do it 10-15 times a day as I use the Internet a lot through the day.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 08:46 PM
    Don't be so sure, it could be your router. I recently have this kind of problem. My z10, Htc, ipad, Kindle fire all have no problem at all with wifi at home, but my 9900 keep getting disconnected because of the low quality wifi, only 1-2 bars.
    After a few browsing and experimenting, I found that it's the wifi router's setting that need to be changed. It was on channel 13, not sure why it only effect my 9900, but after I change it to channel 1. My 9900 get full wifi bar now.
    Hopefully it will work for u guys too.
    06-02-13 01:05 PM