Hey all,

My Z10 has been having some WiFi issues for the past couple of weeks. I am able to connect to my WiFi perfectly, but if the connection on the phone drops for some reason, sometimes it is unable to reconnect to the wireless network. When this happens, I can't switch phone WiFi off and on - the WiFi sign just stays on regardless. The only way it reconnects to the wireless is if I restart the phone.

When this started to happen I wasn't too bothered as it happened once a week, so it wasn't a big deal, but recently it's been happening once/twice a day.

Just wondering if anyone else has had or is having this issue, and if anyone could recommend a fix to it?

Thanks!

(apologies if this issue has been posted elsewhere - I did a search but couldn't find the same issue)
    04-23-13 11:44 AM
    I'd say:
    1. disconnect the WIFI, use a 'forget' option if there is one
    2. reboot your router
    3. restart the device
    4. reconnect to the WIFI

...then see how it goes.
    04-23-13 05:02 PM
    I'd say:
    1. disconnect the WIFI, use a 'forget' option if there is one
    2. reboot your router
    3. restart the device
    4. reconnect to the WIFI

...then see how it goes.
    Thanks for your reply.

I've tried that before but it doesn't seem to be router specific, it's happens to other wireless connections I've used. Could it be an issue with the OS I'm using (although others don't seem to have the same problem)? It's not too much of a bother as I don't mind restarting the phone when needed, but I'm hoping 10.1 will fix the issue for me.
    04-23-13 05:28 PM
    It seems very sensitive to me if I have both on, and both WiFi and LTE signals are low. I usually have to turn off WiFi to get a better signal on LTE. I think it is that way to conserve battery.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-23-13 05:45 PM
    In your router settings try switching your wifi broadcast to anything but wireless N to B/G or G. It has been noted by me and after some research that the Z10 and the Playbook seems to have issues negotiating a router set to wireless N

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 06:12 PM
    In your router settings try switching your wifi broadcast to anything but wireless N to B/G or G. It has been noted by me and after some research that the Z10 and the Playbook seems to have issues negotiating a router set to wireless N

Posted via CB10
    I don't have N issues and mine are set to N/G

Worth a try though as all routers are not created equal.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-23-13 07:15 PM
    My daughter's Z10 has an issue that the wifi will not release when she gets out of range. It continues to think it is connected and every app she gets the spinning wheel. It seems to happen at the same public wifi network, at a pool. We have to restart the phone to disconnect so it will connect to a different network. The odd thing is I have z10 and I do not have the same problem.

We have deleted the saved wifi network but the next time she connects it happens again. Unfortunately she spends 3 hours every day at this pool so she can't avoid using the network.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-24-13 10:55 PM
    Try changing the router wifi channel, you may be getting spurious interference from an unknown source.

The hint for me is the inability to release. You may have some close, strong signal, on a close frequency, and the phone can't discriminate.

Worth a shot I think...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:00 PM
    Having the same problem both on PlayBook and z10.

The only workaround is to turn off wifi just as you are leaving the wifi area and turn it back on when you return. This is ridiculous as far as expectations from a user, but will prevent the connection disabled message.

I hope this gets resolved in the next release as this is a HUGE problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:46 AM