What if you're on 10.2 leak? Can you get it?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 12:18 PM
    You would have to downgrade back to 10.1.4200. You should then get pushed the control app.
    09-04-13 12:55 PM
    Official announcement of wifi-calling as of tomorrow.

Software version: BlackBerry Z10 | T-Mobile Support
    09-04-13 01:28 PM
    I have the 10.1.0.4687 leak on my Z10 currently. Will I get the OTA for the upcoming T-Mobile MR or do I have to update using link? If link, should I back up first?
    09-04-13 02:48 PM
    I have the 10.1.0.4687 leak on my Z10 currently. Will I get the OTA for the upcoming T-Mobile MR or do I have to update using link? If link, should I back up first?
    You're going to get an anvil dropped on your head. Actually... if you are on T-mo and that OS, I'm surprised it wasn't pushed to you already. You been on the T-mo support page? Where you can ask?

T-Mobile Z10 OS update to enable Wi-Fi calling? | T-Mobile Support
    09-04-13 03:26 PM
    I don't believe you will receive any notification for this according to the support link posted just before your post by scrannel.
    Software version: BlackBerry Z10 | T-Mobile Support
    09-04-13 03:49 PM
    The support page is wrong if you have an OS version LOWER than the one the carrier wants to push you WILL get notified irrespective of whether you're on their prior rev or someone else's. Ditto if you're missing one of the carrier's bundled apps (just try deleting Facebook and see what happens.)

If you're on a HIGHER rev you will not get notified.

And note that EVERY SINGLE FILE in the build is checked -- not just the OS version. So yes, you will get partial updates if you're running a hybrid too.
    09-04-13 04:34 PM
    Thanks, tickerguy. We'll see what happens tomorrow. May be the last MR ever. *sniff sniff*
    09-04-13 07:16 PM
    How would I know if I got the Canadian updAted os or tmobile's ? my sim is tmobile. A
    09-04-13 10:14 PM
    Can't wait to see how this can improve my Z running 10.2...

Will the radio file work with it? The wifi-calling app?

- aBBuser on CB10
    09-04-13 10:20 PM
    I'll have wifi calling soon. Update should be pushed to phones shortly I would assume. They claimed September 5th and according to my clock that's 40 minutes away (east coast).

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:20 PM
    Just updated about 7:00AM before heading out for work.
    Took about 40 minutes until total completion.
    I just had to enter passwords for my accounts.
    So far everything appears OK.
    I'll fully go through everything when I get a chance.
    09-05-13 08:34 AM
    The OS appears to be 4200 but the radio has a VERY odd serial number and is clearly specific to T-Mobile. I have no idea what happens if you try to load it on top of some other OS; my suspicion is that it won't run properly (and may not init)

I've not yet loaded it (I'm on 10.2 right now) but am considering attempting a "hot" downgrade. There are serious risks in doing that with the most-serious being that I may totally screw my Hub and force a hard reload since things like the priority hub are not in 10.1 at all. I'm weighing the balance on this; I don't NEED the WiFi Calling where I am but there are times it sure would be handy while traveling.....
    09-05-13 08:37 AM
    I had no trouble installing the update over Link. When I tried to enable Wi-Fi calling, I got an error message that my SIM card was not configured for the service. The first line tech support at T-Mobile configured my sim card, but no dice after two soft reboots. I then asked if maybe the fact that the T-Mobile sales clerk had just cut my old Bold sim card may be the issue, so I installed the Z10 right sized SIM card and T-Mobile tech support gal configured my sim card OTA. Then, after reboot, I got a new error message on the WIFI app -- "OTA failed." She suggested we wipe the device; then said her reconfiguration could take 2 hours or so. I balked at wiping for now, then waited. After 2 hours, still no wifi. I then did a hard boot (holding down both volume buttons) and YEAH! I made my first wifi call! Yeah! Call Clarity was good.
    09-05-13 10:57 AM
    I had no trouble installing the update over Link. When I tried to enable Wi-Fi calling, I got an error message that my SIM card was not configured for the service. The first line tech support at T-Mobile configured my sim card, but no dice after two soft reboots. I then asked if maybe the fact that the T-Mobile sales clerk had just cut my old Bold sim card may be the issue, so I installed the Z10 right sized SIM card and T-Mobile tech support gal configured my sim card OTA. Then, after reboot, I got a new error message on the WIFI app -- "OTA failed." She suggested we wipe the device; then said her reconfiguration could take 2 hours or so. I balked at wiping for now, then waited. After 2 hours, still no wifi. I then did a hard boot (holding down both volume buttons) and YEAH! I made my first wifi call! Yeah! Call Clarity was good.
    I just thought everything was ok. My speakers on my Z10 are not working. No phone ring; no music. Rebooting and calling T-Mobile now.
    09-05-13 02:01 PM
    I just thought everything was ok. My speakers on my Z10 are not working. No phone ring; no music. Rebooting and calling T-Mobile now.
    reboot worked!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 04:49 PM
    I deleted the wifi calling app and I cannot find it in blackberry world. How do I get the app back on my phone??
    12-05-13 05:57 PM
    I deleted the wifi calling app and I cannot find it in blackberry world. How do I get the app back on my phone??
    Open BBWORLD and click on the Tmo Banner up top that says Top Picks.

Also go to MY World in BBWORLD and check under Available.
    Posted via CB10
    Attachment 227361
    12-05-13 06:11 PM
43 12