- 01-24-13, 03:53 PM #2
I dunno but DLNA media sharing is there.
- 01-25-13, 02:27 AM #6
Re: Wi-Fi Direct will be available in Z10 ?
It's like BT but uses Wifi radios instead. That makes it incredibly fast and gives it significantly more range.
Windows 8 supports it natively. Some printers support it. Etc.
DLNA has nothing to do with WiFi Direct.
S Beam is Android Beam that uses WiFi direct for transfers in lieu of Bluetooth. Proprietary to Samsung devices.
Wifi direct is unrelated to NFC, as well.
Some applications expose features through it, like Document Sharing features in OfficeSuite Pro on Android.
Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.
- 01-25-13, 02:47 AM #7
NFC is used to initiate the connection between devices and after that Wi-Fi Direct takes control for transferring large chunks of whatever you want (movie, song etc). I want that in BB10
- 01-25-13, 10:59 AM #9
It's way too slow.
- 05-14-13, 11:49 PM #10
- CrackBerry User
06-26-13, 11:33 AM #11
- 51 Posts
- By Solja in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 14Last Post: 05-08-11, 03:00 PM
- By joyfulskip in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 2Last Post: 12-03-10, 11:21 PM
- By SNiPPYUK in forum BlackBerry Pearl 3GReplies: 10Last Post: 05-28-10, 12:17 PM
- By Lgenham in forum News & RumorsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-15-09, 02:49 AM
- By chazoul in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 16Last Post: 10-12-09, 08:45 AM