Is Wi-Fi Direct available on Z10?
    02-18-13 10:31 AM
    What is Wifi direct?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 11:44 AM
    Sorry, just had a read through.

As far as I can tell, no. But sounds like it's something that could be implemented through software?

Perhaps someone else may have more insight into this?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 11:48 AM
    If your implying does the Z10 phone have Wi-Fi capability the answer is yes. Also if your Wi-Fi is on it will use that as your data communication (ie. BBM, browsing,eMail, downloading etc.) without using your carrier. You can even turn your network carrier off and use just Wi-Fi. However no phone calls over Wi_Fi.
    02-18-13 11:49 AM
    If your implying does the Z10 phone have Wi-Fi capability the answer is yes. Also if your Wi-Fi is on it will use that as your data communication (ie. BBM, browsing,eMail, downloading etc.) without using your carrier. You can even turn your network carrier off and use just Wi-Fi. However no phone calls over Wi_Fi.

Wi-Fi Direct, previously known as Wi-Fi P2P, is a standard that allows Wi-Fi devices to connect to each other without the need for a wireless access point. [2]

This allows Wi-Fi Direct devices to directly transfer data between each other with greatly reduced setup. Wi-Fi Direct works by embedding a limited wireless access point into the devices, and using Wi-Fi Protected Setup system to negotiate a link. Setup generally consists of bringing two Wi-Fi Direct devices together and then triggering a "pairing" between them, using a button on one of the devices, or systems such as NFC.

Sent from Magic Profile App
    02-18-13 12:00 PM
    Man I wish! I want this on my current Bold and the Q10 when I get it. Hope by the time I pick one up that they have added this function.
    06-03-13 12:24 AM
    Wifi direct capability is planned to be released in 10.2 update. Should be available by the end of this year.

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    06-03-13 12:26 AM
    Wifi direct capability is planned to be released in 10.2 update. Should be available by the end of this year.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome! I hope you are right.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    06-03-13 12:33 AM
    Awesome! I hope you are right.
    Yeah, it's already promised to the dev in BlackBerry Live event. For more info you can check it here: http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-d...ta-coming-june

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer and unical like this.
    06-03-13 02:50 AM