Hi,

Just upgraded to 10.1.0.42. When opening the new Wi-Fi calling app I get

=============
    Wi-Fi calling ["On" option is grayed]

Error
    =============

I rebooted a few times, removed the battery, dbl-chkd that my 911 address is registered, and even turned off the mobile network... still the same.

Earlier, the wifi calling logo came on and it seemed ready to go. Now that icon is grayed again...

Any advice is greatly appreciated... Thanks!
    Last edited by ishamid; 09-19-13 at 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    09-06-13 01:04 PM
    do you have wifi calling on your plan?
    09-06-13 01:18 PM
    Assuming you are on T-Mo usa... and have added wifi-calling... and put in a 911 address... have read this exact some problem from one other user. First thing tech asked him/her to try was go to the app store and load the app from there. (I guess it's back). That may work for you, but the other guy ended up having to reload the MR and that solved it.
    09-06-13 01:24 PM
    "the other guy ended up having to reload the MR"
    What is MR? Maintenance Release? How do I reload it? Can you link to that thread?

"go to the app store and load the app from there"
    Which app store? I don't see this app on BBWorld so is there somewhere else?

Thnx!
    09-06-13 03:33 PM
    I too couldn't find the app in BB world. I still can't see it.

I forced a reload of the OS via BlackBerry Link and that fixed the problem

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 03:35 PM
    "I forced a reload of the OS via BlackBerry Link and that fixed the problem"

Ok... is there a howto that explains how to do that?

I called t-m and the agent said that wi-fi calling was not a part of my plan, and that was the reason it grayed out... The irony is that I was talking to the rep on a wi-fi call!

So I can get it to work sometimes, but the app remains grayed. The agent made it an official part of my plan (free) and claimed that the app should be working within two hours. I will report back what happens.

I would still like to know how to "force" an OS reload via BBLink :-)

Thnx to all!
    09-06-13 03:55 PM
    I have an stl3 on T-Mobile USA. I did the upgrade ota. Everything seemed to go smoothly. But I never got the wife app.i called tmobile USA. The tech had me go to app world and download the app under tmobile top.pics In app world.i did this but the app opened giving me wife calling off grey out and It said error.so I ended up forcing a reload OS.it link worked and loaded OS.then I got update on phone about 35.this upgraded. I got the app and gave made several wife calls since.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 05:21 PM
    Here is the download link in BB World
    BlackBerry World - Wi-Fi Calling

1. Go to the above link from a PC or Mac and be sure you are logged in.
    2. Click download
    3. You will get a message that it will be sent to your phone.
    4. On your phone, BB World will pop open and you'll see that it's downloading & installing the app
    09-06-13 05:30 PM
    I have an stl3 on T-Mobile USA. I did the upgrade ota. Everything seemed to go smoothly. But I never got the wife app.i called tmobile USA. The tech had me go to app world and download the app under tmobile top.pics In app world.i did this but the app opened giving me wife calling off grey out and It said error.so I ended up forcing a reload OS.it link worked and loaded OS.then I got update on phone about 35.this upgraded. I got the app and gave made several wife calls since.

Posted via CB10
    "I never got the wife app."

Good, get the girlfriend app you'll have more fun haha.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 09:04 PM
    BTW I am also having a similar issue. My wi-fi calling stopped working after the update and the wi-fi calling app is grayed out. I don't get any error though.

I'll try the reloading the OS via link this weekend.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 09:06 PM

Hmm... I get "Unavailable for this device"

OTOH BBWorld knows it's already on my device and says "Open" in the top right corner.

Also says it only works on 10.1.0.4780 or above. I have 10.1.0.4200 and that's the latest software as far as I can determine... Is there another way to get 10.1.0.4780?
    09-07-13 09:44 AM

OTOH BBWorld knows it's already on my device and says "Open" in the top right corner.

Also says it only works on 10.1.0.4780 or above. I have 10.1.0.4200 and that's the latest software as far as I can determine... Is there another way to get 10.1.0.4780?
    You have it. The "release" is 4200 but the actually OS is 4780.
    09-07-13 10:13 AM

I got it working.

1) To solve the unavailable device error that bbworld app shows you.. this happens if you have your browser setting on 'desktop mode'. Shut down BBW and then go into your browser and turn it off. Then start BBW again and it should clear that error. It did for me.

2) To resolve the t-mobile app greyed out problem requires alot more invasive process. I did a backup of my data. (On a mac and a PC just to be safe. And I did two backups too. I'm paranoid that way.) Then I did a restore to factory settings. (Make sure you login to your blackberry id before restoring as I couldn't restore any backups until after I did that!) After that, I re-ran the update. (Out of curiousity I added back the wi-fi calling app and it was fully functional.) Then I restored my backup and all was good with the world.
    09-07-13 11:42 AM
    Hi dtarin

For 1) I checked and the browser was already not in desktop mode. Toggling did not make any difference.

For 2): That worked! I backed up and did a restore after relaoding. One more step: When reloading the OS, BBLink gives the option of updating to the latest OS. I chose that and there was no need to rerun the update afterwards. The reload+update also automatically setup wifi calling before the applications screen with the fresh wi-fi app appeared.

So all is well, thanks to everyone!
    Last edited by ishamid; 09-07-13 at 06:27 PM.
    GiggleGoddess likes this.
    09-07-13 03:49 PM
    Wi-Fi calling error and grayed-img_00000064.png
    I'm on Verizon so I can't have it but read the fine print. Hope this helps...

Trusted Member
    09-08-13 04:34 AM
    I've been having similar issues. When I first downloaded the update OTA the wifi calling seemed to work (although the option to turn it on and off was grayed out...it was an automatic thing). This was when I was out of town. I come back home and I don't get ANY wifi calling and I still got the "DNS Error". So I went to my local Tmobile Store and had them add the free feature. The guy said it was on...but I noticed no difference after turning off and on or using a different wifi network. The on/off option is still grayed out. And now the error says "Connection Error".

I'm going to try re-downloading the update (from the suggestions above) and see if that works. Or adding the 911 thing...I haven't done that yet either. I'll have to wait until I get home later though b/c I'm not sure my work wifi allows that kind of data transfer (since I can't stream music over the wifi...its weird b/c I can do videos).
    09-14-13 08:31 AM
    I was able to get the WiFi calling app to work. Did a backup, then wiped the memory (factory reset), then restored my data. Now it just says Error: REG99 - Unable to Connect. What types of internet do I need to be connected to? Is there certain requirements through the internet provider or modem or signal strength in order to get it? Is there some kind of setting on my internet I need to change to allow wifi calling?
    09-15-13 07:53 AM
    I was able to get the WiFi calling app to work. Did a backup, then wiped the memory (factory reset), then restored my data. Now it just says Error: REG99 - Unable to Connect. What types of internet do I need to be connected to? Is there certain requirements through the internet provider or modem or signal strength in order to get it? Is there some kind of setting on my internet I need to change to allow wifi calling?
    You don't need any special settings, but what I had to do for consistent connection was reset my router, which put it back to factory specs. (Also made sure router had latest firmware). Currently I am traveling and over the last few days have used wifi-calling in a/p lounges, hotels etc. And, am currently in Kazakhstan. I have had 100% reliability, both texting and calling. However, I always set the app to "wifi-only". If you choose this selection -- or at least on my phone -- before I shut off wifi-calling, I have to momentarily choose one of the other options because with wifi-only the cell radios are shut off. And they do not seem to automatically recover when I close the app, But, this version of wifi-calling is the best I've used.
    09-15-13 10:40 PM
    You don't need any special settings, but what I had to do for consistent connection was reset my router, which put it back to factory specs. (Also made sure router had latest firmware). Currently I am traveling and over the last few days have used wifi-calling in a/p lounges, hotels etc. And, am currently in Kazakhstan. I have had 100% reliability, both texting and calling. However, I always set the app to "wifi-only". If you choose this selection -- or at least on my phone -- before I shut off wifi-calling, I have to momentarily choose one of the other options because with wifi-only the cell radios are shut off. And they do not seem to automatically recover when I close the app, But, this version of wifi-calling is the best I've used.
    Unfortunately, I can't mess with my dad's qwest A1000 modem/router bc he's picky with his tech equipment. I'll have to wait until I get my own place. The wifi calling feature isn't a clincher for me, it would just be nice to use.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 02:37 PM