confuse about WI-FI calling I'm with T mobile. in the setting it is checked to use cellular preferred?
    but WI-FI calling is turned on then,how would it pick up WI-FI calling?
    07-06-14 07:38 AM
    confuse about WI-FI calling I'm with T mobile. in the setting it is checked to use cellular preferred?
    It uses WiFi networks your connected to when you don't have signal to make calls, for example I think this should work! Turn mobile network off and try make a call with WiFi on? Or go to a area of the house where you have really weak signal and it'll use the WiFi to place a call...
    07-06-14 10:02 AM
    There are two good reasons for wifi calling. Although TMobiles network is pretty good its not ubiquitous. Specifically deep in basements of old buildings getting a good gsm signal is difficult, but wifi might be there.

the other is for international travelling where there are no tmobile towers, wifi calling allows you to call the us from anywhere as if you were standing next to a tmobile tower.

as my work space gets really poor signal but is bathed in fast wifi, its a no brainer. Its so nice to not have to go into the hall near a window to hope for a gsm signal
    07-06-14 10:17 AM
    You should be able to chose between "cellular preferred"; "wifi-preferred" and "wifi-only". What OS are you running? The service "basically" connects your phone to its cell network via wifi, thus when you are overseas, calling to and from the USA is free. But you have to be on t-mo (I see your profile says at&t) and it has to be t-mo usa.
    07-06-14 10:48 PM
    You should be able to chose between "cellular preferred"; "wifi-preferred" and "wifi-only". What OS are you running? The service "basically" connects your phone to its cell network via wifi, thus when you are overseas, calling to and from the USA is free. But you have to be on t-mo (I see your profile says at&t) and it has to be t-mo usa.
    How can I turn off the Wifi calling? Every time either call or pick up my phone calls drop. I have unlimited calling, I'd rather use my carrier.
    I'm running 10.2.1.2976. I have T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 11:40 AM
    Download the t-mobile wifi calling app, and you can use it to toggle wifi calling off.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 11:57 AM
    Download the t-mobile wifi calling app, and you can use it to toggle wifi calling off.

Posted via CB10
    Funny, I've tried that already but it's not on the app world for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 12:50 PM
    Is wifi calling network dependent??? I mean is it available in India as well..???

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 02:14 PM
    Funny, I've tried that already but it's not on the app world for me.

Posted via CB10
    There should be a t-mobile section in the app world home page and it's in that section

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 06:18 PM
    Wifi-calling is carrier dependent, yes. In the USA it only works on T-Mo (though Sprint is just starting to use it). Other carriers may have various versions. But the carrier has to be set up for it. If you are on T-Mo usa, and wifi-calling is avail on your phone, you should have the three choices as I stated in my previous post. You should also be able to turn it OFF. Most leaks will kill wifi-calling (there are a couple that will work, like 2977).

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10636365
    07-25-14 04:57 AM
    Wifi-calling is carrier dependent, yes. In the USA it only works on T-Mo (though Sprint is just starting to use it). Other carriers may have various versions. But the carrier has to be set up for it. If you are on T-Mo usa, and wifi-calling is avail on your phone, you should have the three choices as I stated in my previous post. You should also be able to turn it OFF. Most leaks will kill wifi-calling (there are a couple that will work, like 2977).

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10636365
    What a customer friendly service - we won't see it on Verizon!!!
    07-25-14 06:40 PM
    What a customer friendly service - we won't see it on Verizon!!!
    True, but Verizon has much better cell coverage than t-mo. That said, in zero coverage areas, where there's wifi there's coverage. Also, from aboard, to and from USA, calls are free on wifi-calling. So, it's cool.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-25-14 08:24 PM