Is anyone having problems with wi-fi? Recently having issues with one to two bars in the house and i have highest comcast speed. Called them and no issues
    Has to be phone...

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 07:49 PM
    Is anyone having problems with wi-fi? Recently having issues with one to two bars in the house and i have highest comcast speed. Called them and no issues
    Has to be phone...

Posted via CB10

The speed of your internet service with comcast won't have anything to do with the amount of bars you have, bars are a representation of signal strength, not speed.

Where in your home is the router located? Ideally it should be on the main floor and near the middle of the home where possible. Second choice is the top floor, never in the basement. Make sure the antenna's are tightened, and try moving them around to see if the signal increases.

Do you have any other wifi devices in the home to compare the signal with?

Do you experience the same poor reception on other wifi networks, at work, school, coffee shops etc?
    06-03-13 08:15 PM
    Ha comcast sucks.

its probably them or your router needs to be unplugged and modem for about a minute to clear any junk logs and then plug in modem first then router in a consecutive time.

then try z10 again

its not a z10 issue but you could try a hard reset on phone first by holding down the volume buttons at once for about 30 secs consecutive so that's both at once. then let them go as soon as red light comes on. it will reboot , but hard its a hard reset and will clear any junk.

so try those two things.
    hf199 likes this.
    06-03-13 09:36 PM
    Has to be phone...

Posted via CB10
    Um... why does it automatically have to be the phone?

I really don't get the whole "blame the phone" thing whenever someone has issues with their wifi. There have been a number of threads about this popping up; to me this doesn't indicate a flaw with the phone but user ignorance on how wifi works.

Just like any kind of wireless communication, your home wifi is prone to interference from different sources, including your neighbors' wifi and/or any cordless phone.

OP next time do some proper research on this issue and set your wifi to use a channel that no one in your immediate area is using.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 09:59 PM
    When I have wifi issues it's usually my provider. Not to say it's not the phone. But give it a day or so. Could be something on their end

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 10:22 PM
    Oh boy...more bad info. If you all read the OP's post, you'd realize it is a signal strength issue, not a provider problem. just_luc hit it right on the head. The rest of are way off base. It is ONLY an issue between the phone and the router location - they need to be closer together, period.
    just_luc and Hamilton Guy like this.
    06-03-13 10:37 PM
    The routet is in a middle bedroom and i have it set up high

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 10:41 AM
    I will reset router after work. But they the higher the router is placed yhe better
    It does flicker alot and should be a solid ligjt right? Thx

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 10:44 AM
    Are there other wi-fi networks that are competing? There's a free app that you can load on a PC/MAC/Android that's called "inSSIDer". It will tell you if there are other nearby networks that are causing issues for you. You can then change your wi-fi channel to another band that has less issues.

inSSIDer for Home – Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek
    06-04-13 10:48 AM
    I will reset router after work. But they the higher the router is placed yhe better
    It does flicker alot and should be a solid ligjt right? Thx

Posted via CB10
    Can't say for sure but my router has a number of lights, some are steady, e.g. indicating an ethernet port is in use and some flicker indicating that the router is flickering. Your manual should be able to tell you what the indicator lights mean. If it is a relatively new router it should have no problem broadcasting through an entire house. Mine, a Linksys N, is on the third floor rear of a house with 11 foot ceilings in the first and second floors and the signal can reach at 2 bars strength to the front of the house on the ground floor.
    06-04-13 11:13 AM
    There is something wrong with wifi itself... even i am getting one or two Bars even if I sit next to the router however there is nothing wrong with the speed... have a look at the attached picture....

Wi-Fi-img_00000721.png

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 11:29 AM
    Um... why does it automatically have to be the phone?
    Because of the 13 WiFi enabled devices in my house, and the hundreds on this floor of my office, the only one that throws any sort of trouble at all is my Z10. Most of my gear has been running solidly for years without the headaches that this phone manages to produce.

That's why.
    06-04-13 11:35 AM
    There is something wrong with wifi itself... even i am getting one or two Bars even if I sit next to the router however there is nothing wrong with the speed... have a look at the attached picture....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000721.png 
Views:	503 
Size:	241.7 KB 
ID:	168287

Posted via CB10
    If there is nothing wrong with the speed and it's not dropping the connection, why is only having 2 bars a problem?
    06-04-13 11:39 AM
    I had issues with my wifi. I switched routers and all is good. Just a thought.

If u buy at Costco you have easy return if it doesn't help.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 11:41 AM
    Could be that the router is just very weak...or the antenna connection is bad or faulty.

Have you tried connecting to it via a PC or Mac and checking signal strength? You would see the same weak signal if it's a router issue. How well does your Z10 connect to other WiFi hotpots?
    06-04-13 11:48 AM
    What kind of router do u have and model of it, plus how old is it.

I had a d link wpr2310 had issues with it and playbook so I by a linksys 2300 np's now no dropped signal, no host connection issues and fast speed 15-22mbps on a 25mb line.
    06-04-13 11:53 AM
    Has to be phone...

Posted via CB10
    I find that the wifi-speed is probably limited on the phone. I rarely get more than 16Mbit transfer speeds, despite sitting next to the router.

- Epically posted via CB10 on Z10!
    06-04-13 12:48 PM
    Comcast 1 year old, o think its the phone. It's always showing 2 bars or so even ay work.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 12:58 PM
    Just did hard reboot and full bars at work now

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 01:01 PM
    Using volume rockers

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 01:02 PM
    Could be that the router is just very weak...or the antenna connection is bad or faulty.
    Or - it's a dual band 2.4 / 5Ghz network, and the device is auto selecting the 5Ghz which may appear to be weaker at a given distance than what the 2Ghz would. Hardly a problem at all.
    06-04-13 01:10 PM
    You were right with the hard reboot. It works great now at work. Will try at home later. But I was getting 2 bars at work when I use to get full bars. Thanks!
    06-04-13 01:28 PM
    Ha comcast sucks.

its probably them or your router needs to be unplugged and modem for about a minute to clear any junk logs and then plug in modem first then router in a consecutive time. You were right with the hard reboot. It works great now at work. Will try at home later. But I was getting 2 bars at work when I use to get full bars. Thanks!

then try z10 again

its not a z10 issue but you could try a hard reset on phone first by holding down the volume buttons at once for about 30 secs consecutive so that's both at once. then let them go as soon as red light comes on. it will reboot , but hard its a hard reset and will clear any junk.

so try those two things.
    06-04-13 01:29 PM
    You were right with the hard reboot. It works great now at work. Will try at home later. But I was getting 2 bars at work when I use to get full bars. Thanks!
    Good to hear try router at home of phone not picking up good.

Or another hard reboot on phone as well.

The z10 has awesome attenna so it would really have to be a defunct device to not work.

Also interference can cause loss of signal anything like a building with lots of steel in it and also baby monitors or other ppls routers and cordless phones will all affect signal.

I bought a linksys e2700 router I think I posted it as a e2300 but it's not it's a e2700 and no issues now it's awesome as it's a dual band router 2.4ghz and 5ghz and the z10 will use the 5ghz channel not many ppl use the 5ghz channel around me or for that matter it's not widely used by most average ppl.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:19 PM