Hey was just wanting to pick everyones brains, if this has been brought up before feel free to delete this thread.

I was watching a few Z10 commercials on you tube

My question is, who the heck is in charge of marketing at BB and what are they smoking? I already own a Z10 and these commercials make me want to go buy another one. Why is the only place I can seen them on youtube?!?

IMO these are the commercials that we should be seeing on TV everyday, a whole campaign could be built around these commercials, granted they dont show a lot of features of the phone, but they make you start thinking about it, and I guarantee that anyone who saw these commercials would at the very least pickup and play with a Z10 the next time they are at the store. ( The Z10 can then sell itself).

With a new OS BB needs to redefine who they are and show the world they arent the company working with the dated software they had a couple of years ago. These commercials are intriguing and that is exactly what is needed to generate buzz when you have a brand new product out on the market.

Its not just that these commercials linked are good, its that the current commercials on TV are sooooo bad. They make me want to turn the channel and I love my Z10. And dont get me started on the super bowl ad...

Maybe im just not the audience they are trying to reach but I think BB is making some awful and potentially very harmful decisions for the future of their sales and company image.

What do you all think?
    06-03-13 08:08 PM
    I agree 1000%

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:17 PM
    Totally agree!!! The advertising and the commercials are horrible!!! Especially with the guy flying on a rug like Aladdin!!

What the hell does that have to do with anything!!
    06-03-13 08:21 PM
    The carriers are just as much at fault as BB. I see occasionally an ad from Verizon but I have not seen an ad from AT&T since the NCAA basketball tourney. The carriers do not seem to have any desire to sell BB products
    Suhailone likes this.
    06-03-13 08:21 PM
    Regarding the first spot - although its all true... flat out awful. Who every is their ad agency they should be fired. The first spot does nothing to capture the imagination of the average owner and I have no idea who in the hell would be moved by that spot. Comparing it to Apple... NO I am not a iPhone fan at all but their marketing is simple and to the point in which the average person can relate and in turn people will want it.
    Fnen90 likes this.
    06-03-13 08:28 PM
    Sorry I just watched the second spot and Jeez... awful. Neither one of these spots is geared towards the average Joe - given the second spot was a mashable for the Super Bowl that spot would fly so far over the heads of the viewer it wouldn't even be funny.
    454vette likes this.
    06-03-13 08:31 PM
    The Z10 is The marketing tool for the Aristo... Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL... guess so.
    06-03-13 08:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    The Z10 can't promote anything if they cant get it into consumers hands in the first place.
    06-03-13 08:38 PM
    Sorry I just watched the second spot and Jeez... awful. Neither one of these spots is geared towards the average Joe - given the second spot was a mashable for the Super Bowl that spot would fly so far over the heads of the viewer it wouldn't even be funny.
    What is your opinion on the current TV campaign? Better, worse, equally awful?
    06-03-13 08:40 PM
    What is your opinion on the current TV campaign? Better, worse, equally awful?
    My personal opinion on the ad's for the Z10 is that they all have the same tone or message there isn't one that is fun. They are all the same message... look how great we are to use in the workplace. They really need to change it up and show not only business' using it but also have something practical and simply for people to follow and get.
    06-03-13 08:45 PM
    I've been extremely embarrassed of the type of ads that Blackberry is pushing on TV! Specially the Aladdin on a rug - what the HELL! And why for God's sake are they ONLY showcasing the Time Shift feature of the camera in EVERY god forsaken ad?!? I get that it's a great feature, but dear God there are SO MANY other great features they need to show! Push the awesome gesture based UI, push the message Hub, push the amazing keyboard that predicts my next word (freakishly accurate), push the multitasking 'Active Frames', push the replaceable battery, and heck push the sideloading of all the Android apps as well while we're at it! They are going down the path that Palm Pre had for their first TV ads, if you forgot here's a reminder how WEIRD and USELESS they were below:-

jfunds likes this.
    06-03-13 08:52 PM
    The TV ad for Z10 and Q10 in Canada is totally different than the OP links. I can see the ad in every single hockey game including the Playoffs.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    deezy87 and stevepar like this.
    06-03-13 08:52 PM
    The Canadian version is way better because it shows the Hub, peek and flow, and active frames in and out.

stevepar likes this.
    06-03-13 08:55 PM
    The Canadian version is way better because it shows the Hub, peek and flow, and active frames in and out.

If i wasn't a PROUD Z10 owner, I wouldn't in a million years have guessed what the hell 'Hub, peek and flow and active frames' meant! I swear, it's like BB wants to hide all these great features from the US market! They need to fire the moron who created the US commercials for the Z10!
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-03-13 08:58 PM
    I've been extremely embarrassed of the type of ads that Blackberry is pushing on TV! Specially the Aladdin on a rug - what the HELL! And why for God's sake are they ONLY showcasing the Time Shift feature of the camera in EVERY god forsaken ad?!? I get that it's a great feature, but dear God there are SO MANY other great features they need to show! Push the awesome gesture based UI, push the message Hub, push the amazing keyboard that predicts my next word (freakishly accurate), push the multitasking 'Active Frames', push the replaceable battery, and heck push the sideloading of all the Android apps as well while we're at it! They are going down the path that Palm Pre had for their first TV ads, if you forgot here's a reminder how WEIRD and USELESS they were below:-

LOL ive never seen that before, I guess it could be worse...

Does anyone have a link to the Canadian ads?
    06-03-13 09:00 PM
    Blackberry has always been terrible with Marketing. I absolutely hated the "Tools Not Toys" campaign. I always felt like Blackberry was calling its former users idiots for switching to iOS or Android and it just didn't work in the consumer market (or the business market for that matter). What they should have done was show the reasons why people should consider coming back to Blackberry through PHONE features, not just business people telling us why their business needed a tool and not a toy.

Remember the ad where the girl says she responds to 1000 emails per day? And she says "try writing 1000 emails on a touch screen." Lol just awful. I remember reading someone broke that down and she would have to send an email like ever 2 seconds or something like that.

The Be Bold ads were just as bad. They had no point and no showing of features, just business people telling us that they loved their blackberry. I can see the marketing meeting "Guys, we've made like 5 phones in a row called The Bold. How about we tell people to BE BOLD!!!" "Brilliant!!"

Blackberry needs to woo away some Apple or Samsung marketers to appeal to the consumer market. Their current hacks seem to be stuck in the past. Samsung showed that people can be moved away from iOS with the right type of ads showing what their phones can do over Apple's.
    06-03-13 09:06 PM
    Post the Canadian ads!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 09:10 PM
    In the second video in the OP at 1:04, does anyone's screen look like that when they receive a call? I remember that I had to figure out how to reject a call with my Z10. I didn't have that red circle at the top of the phone at all because that would have made it easier to figure out.
    06-03-13 09:16 PM
    No not mine, believe the Z10's in the videos are running some type of beta software, but i like it!
    06-03-13 09:38 PM

BB Marketing Chief :- Hey guys, let's make some of the most ******** ads around. Anyone have any ideas?
    Producer :- Ooh, ooh me me! I loved the Disney movie Aladdin from the early 90's! Can we incorporate that?
    BB Marketing Chief :- I like they way you're thinking! Anyone else?
    Junior writer :- I remember the Palm Pre ads that ruined and burned the company to the ground as well as made me feel creepy deep inside. Can we follow their direction?
    BB Marketing Chief :- Dear God! I'm surround by geniuses! We're gonna destroy the competition kids! But please if there is ONE thing i want to remind you guys about this important ad blitz, it is we ABSOLUTELY can NOT show any of the great features of BB10. If i see anything great highlighted, heads will roll! Now let's go ruin the company kids!
    ppeters914 and anon(5828229) like this.
    06-03-13 09:42 PM
    BB Marketing Chief :- Hey guys, let's make some of the most ******** ads around. Anyone have any ideas?
    Producer :- Ooh, ooh me me! I loved the Disney movie Aladdin from the early 90's! Can we incorporate that?
    BB Marketing Chief :- I like they way you're thinking! Anyone else?
    Junior writer :- I remember the Palm Pre ads that ruined and burned the company to the ground as well as made me feel creepy deep inside. Can we follow their direction?
    BB Marketing Chief :- Dear God! I'm surround by geniuses! We're gonna destroy the competition kids! But please if there is ONE thing i want to remind you guys about this important ad blitz, it is we ABSOLUTELY can NOT show any of the great features of BB10. If i see anything great highlighted, heads will roll! Now let's go ruin the company kids!
    You know everyone is suggesting they hire the company that took care of apples ads, maybe thats what they did, only they were still on the apple payroll....
    robert_in_la likes this.
    06-03-13 09:48 PM
    You know everyone is suggesting they hire the company that took care of apples ads, maybe thats what they did, only they were still on the apple payroll....
    LOL.
    06-03-13 09:59 PM

I remember that spot when it first aired... thought that phone was supper cool damn little did I know.
    06-03-13 10:02 PM
    Kevin Michaluk, who seems to speak to Thorsten often, should really privately bring up why the US ads suck so much! Simply tell him, highlight the plethora of great BB10 features! Stop with the god damn magic carpet and Time Shift ads! Nobody will buy a smartphone for a camera trick alone!
    potatoguy and twbtr like this.
    06-03-13 10:03 PM
92 123 ...