Well, that's why I'm wondering whether the q5 will be sporting a TI CPU or a snapdragon instead. I hope there will still be a TI based q5... especially to suit markets e.g. Indonesia my home country. If it does, yeah it's gonna be a BIG HIT! (Heins, BBLive 2013)
    Not going to happen.
    bb had to switch to Qualcomm.
    The stl 1 was basically obsolete hardware from the beginning.

-November 14, 2012
    "Texas Instruments exits consumer phones, lays off 1,700"

http://m.cnet.com/news/texas-instrum.../57549995?ds=1

Omap 4470 was announced in June 2011 for 2012 devices, not 2013.
    morison20 likes this.
    05-26-13 07:27 AM
    right just like Microsoft updates are different on a dell than on a HP.

" At this point ...what differeance does it make! ? "- Hillary clinton
    05-26-13 07:28 AM
    I'm in Indonesia. Most of my friends (& me) are buying official commercially released Z10 STL 100-1 since the beginning. I've been using this STL-1 in Telkomsel Fastest HSPA+ network & rarely experience any unknown reboots from the first time. The only reboot I remember was the time after finished download/upgrade O/S 10.0 to 10.1. The device just functions normally during my daily use.

I know little bit about LTE (unlike you guys here, I think), all I know is Indonesian govt still planning to establish few alternatives frequency to deploy LTE and I'm certain that it will not happen in near future.

So until that moment, I will stick on my STL100-1. For me, it is the best device and I will enjoy every moment I've spent with.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 07:40 AM
    Obsolete or not, I think people can agree it seems more stable (no reboots).

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:33 AM
    I'm in Indonesia. Most of my friends (& me) are buying official commercially released Z10 STL 100-1 since the beginning. I've been using this STL-1 in Telkomsel Fastest HSPA+ network & rarely experience any unknown reboots from the first time. The only reboot I remember was the time after finished download/upgrade O/S 10.0 to 10.1. The device just functions normally during my daily use.

I know little bit about LTE (unlike you guys here, I think), all I know is Indonesian govt still planning to establish few alternatives frequency to deploy LTE and I'm certain that it will not happen in near future.

So until that moment, I will stick on my STL100-1. For me, it is the best device and I will enjoy every moment I've spent with.

Posted via CB10
    Go Telkomsel! Paling Indonesia!

Don't care what others say, STL-1 will always exist and it is built for a damn good reason for our market.

Sent from my Z10 posted using the CB10.
    05-26-13 08:53 AM
    The only thing STL100-1 users are missing out on are the latest leaks. Remember that for a long while, there was a more recent stl100-1 leak available than there was for the other models. This could change again tomorrow.

Until someone figures out power issues on LTE, LTE is just a novelty. You turn it off if you want good battery life.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:18 AM
    The only thing STL100-1 users are missing out on are the latest leaks. Remember that for a long while, there was a more recent stl100-1 leak available than there was for the other models. This could change again tomorrow.

Until someone figures out power issues on LTE, LTE is just a novelty. You turn it off if you want good battery life.

Posted via CB10
    The only reason leaks for the STL100-1 take longer is because the lovely people who put so much effort into getting these leaks to us, unfortunately have not yet been able to get their hands on a STL100-1, all the other units are available to them

And yes although the OP doesn't actually seem bothered with what any of us have to say, to those of us where the STL100-1 was shipped LTE is irrelevant at the moment or not even existant, there was a reason that was done and the reasoning is pretty obvious.
    This thread definitely does highlight the fact that this model suffers the least from the reboot issue that some users have experienced.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-26-13 02:55 PM
    Not going to happen.

-November 14, 2012

It's up to blackberry to use qualcom or ti omap. some Q10 model use tiomap too, snapdragon only used in lte country, and for non lte, ti omap rules.
    And I hope blackberry use ti omap for the next device so the os development for tiomap device will be better.
    Again, between tiomap or snapdragon not have a significant difference. Only lte or non lte for me.
    I'm used tiomap and no lag, no restart problem or anything, just lack of leaked os support. Thats it.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:05 PM
    It's up to blackberry to use qualcom or ti omap.
    Nope.

They can't even if you want them to.

Click the link in the my previous post for the details.
    05-26-13 05:15 PM
    Not going to happen.

-November 14, 2012

I think we need to talk about the definition of "obsolete"

Posted via CrackBerry 10
    05-27-13 02:36 AM
    I think we need to talk about the definition of "obsolete"

Posted via CrackBerry 10
    Obsolete: No longer produced or used; out of date.

No need to talk about it.

-November 14, 2012

05-27-13 04:43 AM
    Obsolete: No longer produced or used; out of date.

No need to talk about it.
    Obsolete is when the product is no longer relevant.

Considering that the thing still packs enough processing power compared to the "2013" CPU in LTE models (which, in turn, needs to deal with 2013 environment), they are still relevant, and therefore not obsolete.

No longer supported by TI, perhaps, but not obsolete.

Posted via CrackBerry 10
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    05-27-13 10:27 AM
    I live Barbados but I bought my Z10 online from Amazon. I got the stl100-1 version instead of the others, why? Well, because I knew that it would work with my carrier, which uses the T-Mobile variant and no lte. For me to get another model, it would have limited my choices because the model I needed was a sub variant of the stl100-3 model. The one that wind mobile in Canada was selling.

Maybe the difference in the performance during games would be important if I played games on my phone but I don't. This is my communication device and how I consume my news. I hate to say this but if you want to spend time installing leaks, you might be better off on android. Because that is what you want to do that with your phone, fine but please don't perpetuate the myth that this model is somehow inferior because leaks are not released for it as frequently as the others

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:00 AM
    Obsolete is when the product is no longer relevant.
    Google disagrees with you.

Why you should not buy STL100-1-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21369671588.982696.jpg

No longer supported by TI, perhaps, but not obsolete.
    No longer supported is the entire concept of obsolescence.
    05-27-13 11:21 AM
    I think the STL100-2/3 would be slightly more power efficient when run in 3G mode only, compared to STL100-1, mainly because of the cpu silicon process node.

The Snapdragon S4 plus is made on 28nm process while the TI OMAP 4470 is 45nm.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    05-27-13 11:59 AM
    Google disagrees with you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369671588.982696.jpg 
Views:	1572 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	165862

No longer supported is the entire concept of obsolescence.
    You can argue the obsolete point as much as much as you like.
    Fact of the matter as I have said so many times is that, is that in my country and a bunch of other countries for that matter, our carriers do not support LTE, there is no infrastructure. Fact!
    My carrier, Vodacom, is the only network that has started to roll out LTE, the coverage is crappy and you barely pick it up anywhere.
    Another point that got brought to my attention last night was that my carrier is the only one that is providing HSPA network to my device, MTN, CellC and 8ta users don't seem to get more then 3G, once again infrastructure.

So I don't see how obsolete applies here, it is very much relevant and having other model devices would be pointless because they are not fully supported.
    The STL100-1 is very much relevant and in use where I live and where plenty of other people live too.
    For the record Google is not the be all and end all answers of the universe

http://i.word.com/idictionary/obsolete

http://i.word.com/idictionary/obsolete

http://m.dictionary.com/?q=obsolete+...SEARCHD=Search

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Last edited by MiSsY_; 05-30-13 at 02:29 PM. Reason: MTN Network has just started rolling out HSPA support in the last week and half
    05-28-13 01:51 AM
    @FFR in your own post, "no longer produced or no longer used", im guessing that means all the z10's [-1] we must be buying are sitting in cupboards because otherwise the hardware is still in use and quite relevant also the OMAP has 4 cores, 2 1.5ghz cores which actually seem to run at 1ghz probably making up for the difference in speed, with two smaller cores running at 260mhz if I'm not mistaken for power saving and less performance hungry tasks.

Both cpus are good at what they do, no reason to fight for which is better.
    06-05-13 02:20 AM
    It's up to blackberry to use qualcom or ti omap. some Q10 model use tiomap too, snapdragon only used in lte country, and for non lte, ti omap rules.
    And I hope blackberry use ti omap for the next device so the os development for tiomap device will be better.
    Again, between tiomap or snapdragon not have a significant difference. Only lte or non lte for me.
    I'm used tiomap and no lag, no restart problem or anything, just lack of leaked os support. Thats it.

Posted via CB10
    There is no Q10 variant with TI Omap processor. All Q10 variants use Qualcomm snapdragon processor.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    06-05-13 07:09 AM
    this is racism, lol.

I tried some app and it told me hat STL100-1 is running on 1GHz CPU not 1.5GHz instead.
    how sad I am.
    07-04-13 06:00 PM
    @FFR in your own post, "no longer produced or no longer used", im guessing that means all the z10's [-1] we must be buying are sitting in cupboards because otherwise the hardware is still in use and quite relevant also the OMAP has 4 cores, 2 1.5ghz cores which actually seem to run at 1ghz probably making up for the difference in speed, with two smaller cores running at 260mhz if I'm not mistaken for power saving and less performance hungry tasks.

Both cpus are good at what they do, no reason to fight for which is better.
    wow, that means the OMAP itself actually has a mini quad core chip architecture, no wonder why the STL-1 has a relatively better battery life compared to its snapdragon siblings. AFAIK MSM 8960 only has 2 cores running at their max clock speed of 1.512 GHz no matter what.
    07-04-13 06:30 PM
    Got my z10 stl 100-01 last month and on the box it was clearly written qualcomm with it's symbol. I do think my indian version z10 has qualcomm processor powering it.
    06-10-14 09:24 PM
    Got my z10 stl 100-01 last month and on the box it was clearly written qualcomm with it's symbol. I do think my indian version z10 has qualcomm processor powering it.
    Nope. You've still got a TI chip inside your phone if it's an STL100-1.

And this forum should have gravedig rules, but alas...
    06-10-14 09:30 PM
    I personally use an STL1, and I recommend people not to buy it not because of leaks but because of the persistent battery problems. On all the Z10 models, most issues about the premature shutdown (phone shutting down at 20%) are from STL1 users. We developed a workaround, though but it's better if it's not behaving that way.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    06-10-14 10:04 PM
    I personally use an STL1, and I recommend people not to buy it not because of leaks but because of the persistent battery problems. On all the Z10 models, most issues about the premature shutdown (phone shutting down at 20%) are from STL1 users. We developed a workaround, though but it's better if it's not behaving that way.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    From what I've heard so far the STL 2/3/4 have bad hardware quality.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 07:26 AM
    100-1 user, bought phone from carrier over a year ago I am in Jamaica and get my official updates pretty much faster than anyone else (even Canadians and people in the US) ..i know this is down to the carrier mine is Digicel.
    So I guess leaks are a non issue for me.

I am on on OS version10.2.1.3175 and have never said " jeez this is slow " unless I try and browse when only "E" service is available + I am almost always in a wifi area or in a 4G one.

Regards David

Z10, official Digicel 10.2.1.2941
    ronfc likes this.
    06-11-14 07:53 AM
100 ... 234