I received a panicked email this morning from a close friend -- w/o getting into the details, he was stuck on one of his jungle adventures and needed some cash. This guy is one of those well known adventurers, gets on TV, etc. Well, because I know him well, I knew the writing style was not his -- and on close inspection his proper email had been ever so slightly changed, obviously, to the new email created by the people who stole his phone. The email even included the logo from the famous TV company he works for.

Put a device lock on your phone so a thief will end up wiping the phone, and a SIM lock that will stop them from using your SIM or reading your contacts there. Meanwhile his fake cry for help is going out to everyone on his contact list.
    Last edited by scrannel; 11-12-13 at 10:43 AM.
    schiri likes this.
    11-12-13 10:19 AM
    Yup, multiple layers of security is a win-win. SIM PIN to prevent the phone from even being initialized, or from the SIM being initialized in another phone - and then a device password that will auto-wipe the device. Data = secured.
    11-12-13 12:27 PM
    And how do you add a SIM pin? When living in Europe all phones came with a pin code but in the US, no. I'd like to have a more secure phone so how to get there?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    11-12-13 09:26 PM
    And how do you add a SIM pin? When living in Europe all phones came with a pin code but in the US, no. I'd like to have a more secure phone so how to get there?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    Settings > Security and Privacy > SIM Card > SIM Card Pin lock ON. (If it asks for a code, my out-of-the-box code was 1234. Don't keep trying it that's not it -- but it should be. Then you can enter your own code)
    11-12-13 10:07 PM