Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 147
Like Tree130Likes
  1. AGeleff's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Why are you disappointed?

    I've been browsing through the CrackBerry forums on and off all day and I'm seeing people who are just throwing complete and utter fits about BlackBerry 10, the Z10, and the Q10. Since the Z10 is the premiere device here, I figured I should use this forum for this topic.

    Personally, I'm really digging BlackBerry 10 and can't wait for the Q10 to be released, but also have a small interest in the Z10 device. I'm not understanding people's hate towards BB10. We all knew what was coming. The leaks confirmed pretty much everything. Why the outrage? What do you want BB10 to do that you can't do on it already?

    Let's hear it.
    Thanked by:
    jesse_h (01-30-2013) 
  2. mozartpc27's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    76 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Two months from now in the flagship market of the known universe is too goddamned late!!!!
  3. mozartpc27's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    76 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    ^^^Especially when half the reason your company is in the ****ter is because you have a reputation with delivering everything you ever promise LATE!

    New name, same old BlackBerry (RIM)
    jdhooghe likes this.
  4. Real Estate Appraiser's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    185 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I pre-ordered one z10 today. What fanboys say on the web isn't always representative of what the average smartphone user thinks. I never watched the unveiling but I heard it was slightly dry and lame for anyone who has been following RIM. I knew what to expect because the information was already out there.

    I think Americans are generally mad because they have to wait another month. I'm assuming it is because of regulation and carriers, not because of RIM.
  5. Real Estate Appraiser's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    185 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Cup is half empty with you? They said March, it is basically February now. You are probably looking at a month and a few days, not two full months.
    Thanked by 3:
    Dj Teknision (01-30-2013),  IFCArea51 (01-30-2013),  jesse_h (01-30-2013) 
  6. ErinnM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,610 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    I am not mad. I can wait. I still like my 9930!
    Thanked by 2:
    Dj Teknision (01-30-2013),  IFCArea51 (01-30-2013) 
  7. Red_Berry_21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,368 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,630 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask for it ;)
    #7  

    Default

    Like they say you will get it when there ready!!
    Thanked by:
    IFCArea51 (01-30-2013) 
    BergerKing likes this.
  8. Italiannyc's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Estate Appraiser View Post
    I pre-ordered one z10 today. What fanboys say on the web isn't always representative of what the average smartphone user thinks. I never watched the unveiling but I heard it was slightly dry and lame for anyone who has been following RIM. I knew what to expect because the information was already out there.

    I think Americans are generally mad because they have to wait another month. I'm assuming it is because of regulation and carriers, not because of RIM.
    So you just preorder a phone without even knowing if it functions well? I never get how people can pre order things without people even using it yet. How do you know its going to function well? How do you know there is no bugs? How do you know if the camera is any good? Call quality? Etc Etc.

    That is why people generally go by reviews, then end up buying the phone if they are good. I highly doubt that reputable websites are just going to hate on Blackberry for the **** of it. For the most part, they are just saying its an average phone. Not bad Not great. Just a good phone.

    Problem is, RIM needed alot better then just average or good with this brand new phone that took so long to develop.
    BergerKing likes this.
  9. AGeleff's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErinnM View Post
    I am not mad. I can wait. I still like my 9930!
    I've been using an iPhone 5 for the last few months since it launched and I'm really beginning to miss my 9900. I've been scouring eBay for a replacement 9900, but I can't find one at an acceptable cost in good condition that'll hold me over until the Q10 comes out.
  10. AGeleff's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Italiannyc View Post
    So you just preorder a phone without even knowing if it functions well? I never get how people can pre order things without people even using it yet. How do you know its going to function well? How do you know there is no bugs? How do you know if the camera is any good? Call quality? Etc Etc.

    That is why people generally go by reviews, then end up buying the phone if they are good. I highly doubt that reputable websites are just going to hate on Blackberry for the **** of it. For the most part, they are just saying its an average phone. Not bad Not great. Just a good phone.

    Problem is, RIM needed alot better then just average or good with this brand new phone that took so long to develop.
    Do they, though? Like Heins said during the announcement, this is just a new starting line for BlackBerry. They're not dead yet; not really even close to it. There are still 80,000,000 people carrying BlackBerries around the globe. They're not in the market to overtake iOS or Android, but if they can sell a couple of million BlackBerries every quarter, that's a couple of million iPhones that aren't being sold.

    As far as your point about pre-purchasing - isn't that whole point behind early adoption?
  11. Shlooky's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    656 Posts
    PIN
    For the ladies only :-)
    #11  

    Default

    A couple of things to start...

    1-Poor maps implementation
    2-From reviews so far looks like it has poor battery life
    3-long boot time
    4-Not gorilla glass
    5-Nothing new that would make the average iPhone/android users go wow
    "Let's sell this lean mean hunting machine!...in parts"
  12. jonty12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,665 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,666 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGeleff View Post
    I've been browsing through the CrackBerry forums on and off all day and I'm seeing people who are just throwing complete and utter fits about BlackBerry 10, the Z10, and the Q10. Since the Z10 is the premiere device here, I figured I should use this forum for this topic.

    Personally, I'm really digging BlackBerry 10 and can't wait for the Q10 to be released, but also have a small interest in the Z10 device. I'm not understanding people's hate towards BB10. We all knew what was coming. The leaks confirmed pretty much everything. Why the outrage? What do you want BB10 to do that you can't do on it already?

    Let's hear it.
    I'll try to give a less "emotional" answer. A few big reasons for disappointment:
    • In the U.S. the release date. They've said March. It may be late March. That makes it two months from now. They're showing a SuperBowl commercial in a few days; completely pointless.
    • We expected (not based on rumor, based on actual quotes from RIM execs) surprises - big surprises - that went beyond the leaks. There were not. No features/functions we didn't know about.
    • We actually lost critical functionality that we were used to and relied upon.
    • Notification customization
    • Useful bedside mode
    • Free/busy time lookup in meeting invitations
    • BB Mobile Conferencing
    • The battery life looks pretty bad based on reviews
    • The camera performance looks pretty bad based on reviews
    • More difficult to manage mail the existing BBs (the strength of BB).
    • ... and more



    Very disappointing.
    Last edited by jonty12; 01-30-2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: formatting
    decoy7, kirson and trsbbs like this.
  13. samadkins29's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    112 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Price - nuff said. $800 for a "ok" phone. Good luck with that **** RIM err Blackberry.
  14. EGerhardt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    PIN
    20EB1810
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mozartpc27 View Post
    Two months from now in the flagship market of the known universe is too goddamned late!!!!
    Its a carrier thing not a RIM thing. If the carriers drag their feet certifying what were RIM going to do? Hold out the whole rest of their world wide launch so that the US carriers could continue to feel like they are the centre of the goddamn universe. What sends worse signals do you think: Annoucing that the US release will come later, or pushing the launch back another month?

    If you want to be pissed off, then complain to your carrier. It's them that screwed you.

    My only disappointment is how bad the tech press has been to blackberry 10 already. I genuinely cannot believe that people are criticising the platform simply for being a new operating system. Crap like "its bigger issue lies with the fact that it runs a brand new operating system." with no justification what so ever... Just its new so obviously it sucks. And "There were plenty of different paths for Research In Motion to take, and I do kind of question the one that the company ultimately chose." This from the same people who criticised RIM for NOT having a new operating system. I get that people aren't always going to love it, but jesus this kind of press is ridiculous. 70,000 apps at launch, the highest of any new OS ever, apparently equates to still needing to close the app gap. It sounds like people haven't even bothered reading the release, they had all this crap ready to go months ago and didn't listen or look at all.
    Thanked by 3:
    bungaboy (02-01-2013),  redk (02-01-2013),  zombie73 (02-01-2013) 
    dynot, D_March, meganVee and 9 others like this.
  15. snuci's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    299 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Not because I'm in Canada but I gotta say this is a good move. Let it out in a few small die-hard markets where they actually appreciate it and get a new version or two in before it's released to the "wolves" in the... wait for it... "flagship market of the universe". US Financial Analysts have been all over RIMM err Blackberry citing "doom and gloom" and many of them are dying to say, "See, I told you it sucked and they're finished" with the slightest of issues. One review complained that the number of apps in a brand new operating system was too small and there were no cloud services. Huh? This new OS was released... today. They're already splitting hairs because they couldn't find much wrong with it. At least the negative sentiment at this point is that it's not available yet in the US. That's good.

    I gotta say that I was a little shocked when I heard the delayed US launch but they have a whole lot more phones to get ready and maybe some of the US carriers will see success in the smaller markets and rethink their strategy. Good things come to those who wait.
    Thanked by:
    jesse_h (01-30-2013) 
  16. ErinnM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,610 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGeleff View Post
    I've been using an iPhone 5 for the last few months since it launched and I'm really beginning to miss my 9900. I've been scouring eBay for a replacement 9900, but I can't find one at an acceptable cost in good condition that'll hold me over until the Q10 comes out.
    When I went to buy my 9930 last year, the Sprint rep in the store told me he got rid of his for an iPhone, but was missing the 9930 and wished he never got rid of it. I was actually "looking into" an iPhone around that time, but I just love Blackberries.
  17. 416to604's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    589 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    i'm not disappointed. i'll have my z10 next week! i might take a day off from work just to get acquainted with it
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
  18. EGerhardt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    PIN
    20EB1810
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonty12 View Post
    I'll try to give a less "emotional" answer. A few big reasons for disappointment:
    • We actually lost critical functionality that we were used to and relied upon.
    What functionality is that? I'm genuinely curious what you see has vanished that I can't see.
  19. independentvolume's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Blame the carriers. It's on BlackBerry. No way all 4 carriers got together and said, lets all wait until march.
  20. samadkins29's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    112 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EGerhardt View Post
    Its a carrier thing not a RIM thing. If the carriers drag their feet certifying what were RIM going to do? Hold out the whole rest of their world wide launch so that the US carriers could continue to feel like they are the centre of the goddamn universe. What sends worse signals do you think: Annoucing that the US release will come later, or pushing the launch back another month?
    Mind backing that up with proof? Why would BB phones go into full production if they have not been carrier certified. This should have been done months back.
    shinerb likes this.
  21. Italiannyc's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Blame the carriers. It's on BlackBerry. No way all 4 carriers got together and said, lets all wait until march.
    I was going to post this exact same thing lol. " Hey guys lets all get together and release it the same day! "
  22. jedibeeftrix's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    a new software platform launched in 2013 should have maintained a hardware platform that standardised on an OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenCL compliant gpu, even if the initial BBOS10 release didn't support those features.

    that requires a Mali 6xx / PowerVR 6 / Adreno 3xx series GPU, instead we got last gen.
  23. EGerhardt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    PIN
    20EB1810
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samadkins29 View Post
    Mind backing that up with proof? Why would BB phones go into full production if they have not been carrier certified. This should have been done months back.
    Well how are blackberry launching elsewhere in the world and not in the US if they had the choice to get devices sold in the US tomorrow? Like you say, the devices are made, and they are going on sale in just under an hour here. They are good to go. So what possible non-carrier reason could they have for holding back in the US? Just to screw with you? Come on man.
  24. Fr3lncr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    673 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    I'm generally happy with the hardware. The demo showed it to be really fluid/responsive which just proves it doesn't matter how many cores it has since it depends on the OS. Screen resolution is top notch though it seems colours may be off (as shown in Crackberry and I think in Endgadget's review). Camera software has neat tricks but hardware wise, it could have and should have been better (low light, etc.) since it is not as good as the other top phones. There is talk about battery life but I haven't seen anything concrete about it. As long as it gets through a full day of usage, it will already be better than most if not all of the competition.

    There are just too many gaps or things we don't know which I think leads to the disappointment. We weren't wowed as much as we could have been since they only highlighted so few of the features. Instead, we have to rely on Crackberry's full in-depth review (which thankfully exists) to know more the ins and outs which for sure you wont get on another site. And even Crackberry admitted there are things that still need to be improved.

    Personally, I thought that the delays would mean there would be no gaps and more 'wow' but I guess that was unrealistic. That's a shame really as RIM/BlackBerry wont get that many chances to have everyone hang on their every word like they did today.
  25. jonty12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,665 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,666 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EGerhardt View Post
    What functionality is that? I'm genuinely curious what you see has vanished that I can't see.
    I thought I was fairly clear... indenting didn't work:

    Notification customization
    Useful bedside mode
    Free/busy time lookup in meeting invitations
    BB Mobile Conferencing
    The battery life looks pretty bad based on reviews
    More difficult to manage mail the existing BBs (the strength of BB), e.g. selecting multiple messages.

    Frankly speaking, the only reason I still use a BB is for some of the above because other platforms don't do them nearly as well. Without them, not sure what the driver to stay on BB is.
    kirson likes this.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why are you an iPhone Hater?
    By xxxxpradaxxxx in forum Apple iPhone/iPad
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 03:06 PM
  2. Trying to see why are you addicted to the BB?
    By dsnikpoh in forum Introductions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 01:48 PM
  3. why are you up so late?
    By dingleberry_2621 in forum Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 05:43 PM
  4. why are you up at 2:37am?
    By ecooper11 in forum Discover BBM Friends
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 07:15 PM
  5. Why are you an iPhone Hater?
    By xxxxpradaxxxx in forum Other Platforms
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 08:01 PM

Posting Permissions