Hi all,
    Thanks for your help. I have a Z10 that is about 18 months old. Recently, it started rebooting on it's own, and would go into a cycle of doing that over and over and I could not get it to respond. Eventually, it would, and I could shut it off, but not use it, or it would continue until the battery had drained. This happens most of the time, but occasionally I can use it. I have tried taping the battery, which does look like it's not making the best contact, but no help. I have cleaned the on/off button, and that is not sticking. It is currently running on the 10.0.10.85 software, and I have tried multiple times to update it, but it won't allow it. It gets about 8% done and then says the software update encountered an error, and to make sure my connection to the internet is working. It is, and I have tried this both via cell tower and wifi connection. I have backed up everything completely. Help, please!!!!!! Is my phone beyond hope?
    tayors4falls
    05-26-15 05:32 AM
    you need to connect your phone to a working PC, download the OS you want to install, unzip the OS, then click the exe to install the OS. You are using a very old OS and that needs to be addressed.

Have you downloaded and unzipped a proper replacement for your 10.0.10?
    there are some here:
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...dTocYhTwQn6io#
    05-26-15 05:37 AM
    you need to connect your phone to a working PC, download the OS you want to install, unzip the OS, then click the exe to install the OS. You are using a very old OS and that needs to be addressed.

Have you downloaded and unzipped a proper replacement for your 10.0.10?
    there are some here:
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...dTocYhTwQn6io#
    Yes please get the OS updated! I couldn't imagine running on 10.0.1. The OS you are on is horrific compared to what you get now. The devices I have all run much better on 10.3.1 coming from 10.2.

Really can't imagine being on the OS you are on. Please update. It'll really be a brand new device. Since the OTA update is not working you can use other tools to get on a current OS. If you need more help I can elaborate if needed.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 08:52 AM
    please, that info would be great! I have been attempting to install the update on a working computer- it is the one I am using right now. So the alternate source other than BB link would be so helpful.
    t
    05-26-15 11:28 AM
    should I try the drive.bitcasa.com link suggested earlier? And elaboration would be great!
    T
    05-26-15 11:32 AM
    Hi, I have tried the link, and when I download the zip folder and attempt to extract, Windows says it is empty. Can you walkme through it? Thanks!
    t
    05-26-15 12:15 PM
    I would personally just do a non-destructive update via SACHESI because it is easy. I've done them so many times it's like second nature. Others will suggest an autoloader, which is fine as well. Your phone is likely rebooting because of the OS. It is terribly outdated and caused many random reboots.

Hopefully you have a PC and a BlackBerry cable would be nice, but not necessary. Just a better connection. Anyway... I'm going to start from the beginning but please read the instructions as well. In all honesty it is really simple to update although it may not sound that way.

First go here... http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

Download the latest version of SACHESI (I have SACHESI saved on my desktop). For me (Windows), I would download "SACHESI for Windows" then open SACHESI and click extract all. At this point SACHESI is ready to run. Do not open it yet. Plug your device into your PC and wait a few for Link to open (usually does this automatically).

I believe you said you already did a backup, if not you can backup just in case anything goes wrong although I've never had an issue updating and never needed the backup. Make sure Link is CLOSED. Now open SACHESI. It will prompt you to put in your device password. After this you will see in SACHESI where your device is connected and click search. From there you'll see something similar to "there is an update to 10.3.1 available for your device". Click download... wait for the update to download. When it is finished click install and you will see 10.3.1.

I'm not even sure how you are still on 10.0 lol so this will likely take a while. As I wrote, please read the instructions in the link I directed you to.

To summarize as it really is simple... download SACHESI, plug in phone, open SACHESI, click search, click download then click install.

Mind you this would give you the most recent OS for your device and not a leak. I did this a few weeks ago for my dad's Verizon Z10 and SACHESI pulled a 10.3.1 OS from Rogers in Canada. There were a few Rogers apps that I had to delete afterwards, but most carriers will add some bloatware. I'm just pointing out this will be an official OS and not a leaked OS. I know some are uncomfortable with leaks.

If you are going to use this method and have questions I'll PM you my BBM PIN if needed. Or send me yours. Either way I'd be glad to help, but you are going to need to set aside a few hours to update from 10.0.1!

Posted via CB10
    taylors4fals likes this.
    05-26-15 12:18 PM
    How long does the update take?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 10:45 AM
    How long does the update take?

Posted via CB10
    I'd give yourself about 1-2 hours. Helps to put the device in airplane mode while updating as well. See the thread I posted below for further instructions on doing a non-destructive update via SACHESI. I made somebody on Verizon happy lol.

Here you go...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1020468

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 12:32 AM
    RLTurn77, Hi, Thanks for all your help thus far. I thought that would be easy, time-consuming but something I could do. WRONG. First of all, a quick aside. After having the results I will describe, I was looking further at your info and found a link that describes this process in more detail. It said to put in your country code and your carrier code, which I did not do. Here's what happened. I wasn't sure if my phone needed to be connected at all times so that BB link wouldn't open, so I connected it via USB, and closed BB link and clicked on the link for Sachesi. Things started flying by faster than I could read them, but then the version of 10.3.1 was downloading. There were 205 items. It took awhile. Then I tried installing with my phone still connected. At first, it showed nothing in terms of progress, ie which of the programs, the percentage, but after awhile it did. Now, if you look at the install results on the Sachesi page, it says Installing OS 10.3.1.2576 and Installing radio 10.3.1.2577. Installing 205.bars. Completed update. Yay, or so I thought. I unplugged my phone, plugged it in for battery purposes to reboot, and after there was a black screen with a yellow triangle and it said BB error 10.0005, I'm almost positive, lost it, darn it, then the phone came back to it's typical screen after several minutes. When you look on my phone it says the OS is version 10.0.10.85. It is a Z10 model number STL100-3. I now have a text on my phone allowing me to update to 10.2.1. Help, please!! One more quick question-regarding the issue of battery connectivity, how close and tight to the negative and positive should the battery be? Should there be some room for arcing, or whatever, or should it be tight? I ask this because occasionally, my phone will shut off, and when I try to turn it on, it gives the low battery symbol, when I know it has at least 50% or more left. Should I give up and look for a new phone? Thanks so much, t
    05-31-15 12:46 PM
    RLTurn77, Hi, Thanks for all your help thus far. I thought that would be easy, time-consuming but something I could do. WRONG. First of all, a quick aside. After having the results I will describe, I was looking further at your info and found a link that describes this process in more detail. It said to put in your country code and your carrier code, which I did not do. Here's what happened. I wasn't sure if my phone needed to be connected at all times so that BB link wouldn't open, so I connected it via USB, and closed BB link and clicked on the link for Sachesi. Things started flying by faster than I could read them, but then the version of 10.3.1 was downloading. There were 205 items. It took awhile. Then I tried installing with my phone still connected. At first, it showed nothing in terms of progress, ie which of the programs, the percentage, but after awhile it did. Now, if you look at the install results on the Sachesi page, it says Installing OS 10.3.1.2576 and Installing radio 10.3.1.2577. Installing 205.bars. Completed update. Yay, or so I thought. I unplugged my phone, plugged it in for battery purposes to reboot, and after there was a black screen with a yellow triangle and it said BB error 10.0005, I'm almost positive, lost it, darn it, then the phone came back to it's typical screen after several minutes. When you look on my phone it says the OS is version 10.0.10.85. It is a Z10 model number STL100-3. I now have a text on my phone allowing me to update to 10.2.1. Help, please!! One more quick question-regarding the issue of battery connectivity, how close and tight to the negative and positive should the battery be? Should there be some room for arcing, or whatever, or should it be tight? I ask this because occasionally, my phone will shut off, and when I try to turn it on, it gives the low battery symbol, when I know it has at least 50% or more left. Should I give up and look for a new phone? Thanks so much, t
    So it seems like you went through the entire update? It should have updated to the latest official OS. You were correct in having the device connected the entire time.

I have never put in any carrier codes or country codes. Where you see the device connected, just hit search from there and you'll get the latest OS for the device connected. You can dig into SACHESI deeper to see the where the OS is coming from or if you wanted a specific OS you could put in the codes and device model.

From what you wrote, it seems like the update installed, but you are somehow still on 10.0... if you are seeing a software update to 10.2.1 update it at least to that! That's actually a major upgrade from where you are at. Is this an OTA update to 10.2.1? If it is then do it.

From there you may get an OTA to 10.3.1. The Z10 had many many issues and was not a good device on 10.0; I'm just being honest here. I'm not sure why the update didn't take, but since you were able to go through the process then you'd definitely be able to use an autoloader specifically for your device.

If it were my phone I'd take it to 10.2.1 since you are now getting that. Did you check BlackBerry Link for updates as well when connected? BlackBerry Link may update you right to 10.3.1 if it shows as available.

I really think that the OS needs to be updated then see if you are still having reboots or battery issues. The OS you are on is notorious for all of these issues so I'd likely get on a newer version ASAP and go from there.

I would not let my father purchase his Verizon Z10 until either 10.2 or 10.2.1 was released (can't remember which one) as the new OS seemed to fix the random reboots, etc.

Sorry for throwing so much info at you, but update if you can. Check BlackBerry Link as well. If SACHESI isn't working for you, an autoloader will (but will wipe the device as well).

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 05:02 PM
    I just re-read the original post. It seems that when you try to update it won't allow you to. Connect to PC and open BlackBerry Link and check for software updates on Link. You'll likely get at minimum 10.2.1. Update the device through USB with BlackBerry Link.

I'm really not sure why the SACHESI update didn't take. When finished it will say 10.3.1 successfully installed. If you are comfortable with using SACHESI now (seems like you did everything correctly) then if the OTA or BlackBerry Link update fails you, put in the country code for Canada and carrier code for Rogers and choose STL100-3 and search and that will be a specific update from that carrier for your model. Let us know your progress.

If you have had enough of trying to update through BlackBerry or SACHESI... an autoloader may be your best option. It will wipe your device so you can backup what you need, but considering that you downloaded all of the bars and installed them through SACHESI, I would think your next step would be the autoloader route.

Still not sure why your phone did not update unless it wasn't finished... did you check to see where the update was coming from and if it was for your device? With my dad's Z10, SACHESI pulled one for the Z30 but after hitting search next to device connected it switched to the Z10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 05:21 PM
    Here is some info on the error code that I believe you received...

0005*-*The installed radio software is missing or invalid.

Resolution
    Reload the BlackBerry 10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 05:27 PM
    should I try the drive.bitcasa.com link suggested earlier? And elaboration would be great!
    T
    Jaydee is well respected here, so I'd doubt the link posted would be corrupt or anything like that. I'll reply further quoting your other post.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 06:09 PM
    Hi, I have tried the link, and when I download the zip folder and attempt to extract, Windows says it is empty. Can you walkme through it? Thanks!
    t
    Did you save the download? Sometimes overlooked, but I usually save to desktop then delete when finished. This is what I found regarding a full autoloader. Would appreciate if someone else could verify this as well. Seems easy enough. As I wrote, I've always used SACHESI and can't remember the last time using an autoloader. Here is some info...

Backup your BlackBerry 10 device with BlackBerry Link (the autoloader will wipe your device).
    Close BlackBerry Link.
    Download autoloader OS.
    Turn off the device.
    Run autoloader.exe (windows Vista 7 and 8 run as admin).
    When �connecting to Bootrom� appears on system connect your BlackBerry 10 to PC and turn on device.
    Wait for process to finish and phone to reboot.
    The update will wipe your device, so you can either restore all the info from your backup through BlackBerry Link or just start fresh if you want.

As you can see... you have many options here and the Z10 is a really nice device on 10.3.1. Battery life is much improved, a ton of new features, and, from the OS you are on, will be a brand new phone!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 06:14 PM
    Last post until I hear back from you... here is a link with instructions and downloads specific to your Z10 model. Read up on this and decide which method you are going to go with. Again, I'd be glad to help via BBM if you would like.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...r/td-p/2466747

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 06:29 PM
    Hello, I have the same problem, but I am trying to update my Z10 from 10.2.1.2976. However, I am running Linux on my PC. Can I follow the same procedures and download the latest OS? Or will doing so from a Linux platform create problems?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 12:47 PM
    So, I'm the one with BBZ10 model #STL100-3 that was having the above problems. For many reasons, one being that I live in a somewhat rural area that has one internet carrier and they have not updated enough infrastructure, so even though we have a 6Mbps plan, they tell me the most I will ever get is 2. So, downloading through wifi is time-consuming, to say the least. I used to not use my phone on wifi before all this; our T-Mobile signal was better. Anyway, I somehow was able to update my phone to software10.2.1.2156 OS version 10.2.1.2228. I reinstalled everything, I had read that it might take awhile for things to return to normal, so leave it plugged in, have wifi on, and wait a few days. Did that. Well, now, if my phone is plugged and near the wifi I can text, facebook, do a little browsing, but almost every phone call is cut off. If it is unplugged, even for 10 minutes, it starts the cycle of turning off, turning on, repeat, until I plug it back in. It is totally unusable if not plugged in. I am beginning to think this is a battery issue. BTW, had the phone close to 18 months, used only through the cell towers and it was fine. I have tried taping the battery but no luck. I have noticed when this started happening that the battery has a little warping at the top, seems mainly like a small external wrinkle. It wraps around the entire top. Without taping there is a bit of space between the battery and where it is inserted, maybe just under1/8th of an inch. Is this normal and needed for arcing? Do you suspect the battery is the problem and I get a replacement? Anything to look for in a replacement or reputable buyers? If that is the problem, then I could get a new battery, and if I still have patience try again updating to 10.3. Thoughts? Please? Thanks,
    T
    06-14-15 04:11 PM
    Posted an update today. Appreciate your help if you have time. Thanks so much!
    T
    06-14-15 04:13 PM