I've used BB Link to do backups for quite a while on my Z10 (STL100-4). I recall problems a few months back where the Box Desktop Sync software caused backups to fail in Link, but removing Box Sync from the PC fixed the issue.

Now, since I've installed 10.2.0.1767, BlackBerry Link no longer backs up again. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? I've researched it many, many times but always came up empty.

I've uninstalled and re-installed BB Link, but that didn't do it either. It say's it's backing up, but after letting it run for over an hour there's a sliver of blue on the progress bar, but it still says "0 % Completed".

I want to move to 10.2.0.1791 but I no longer have a good backup -so this is really frustrating!
    11-10-13 08:16 PM
    I assume you're on a PC.

Unintall Link using Control Pannel, then run CCleaner and do a full clean up of the system. Reboot the PC, download Link from BlackBerry World and install it again. If that doesn't work, then you may have an app, setting or file that is bogus and messing it all app (either on the PC or the device - tough troubleshoot).

As an alternative... Sachesi does backups.

Now that I mentioned Sachesi... why don't you use THAT to update (and while at it, why not update to 10.2.0.1803)? You don't need backups when using Sachesi, as the device does not get wiped.
    11-10-13 08:24 PM
    I've used BB Link to do backups for quite a while on my Z10 (STL100-4). I recall problems a few months back where the Box Desktop Sync software caused backups to fail in Link, but removing Box Sync from the PC fixed the issue.

Now, since I've installed 10.2.0.1767, BlackBerry Link no longer backs up again. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? I've researched it many, many times but always came up empty.

I've uninstalled and re-installed BB Link, but that didn't do it either. It say's it's backing up, but after letting it run for over an hour there's a sliver of blue on the progress bar, but it still says "0 % Completed".

I want to move to 10.2.0.1791 but I no longer have a good backup -so this is really frustrating!
    Mine worked by turning on airplane mode.

AT&T Z10 Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-11-13 03:11 AM
    Mine worked by turning on airplane mode.

AT&T Z10 Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    Excellent suggestion. Unfortunately I had already tried that early on when a backup failed and I noticed several emails came thru right at the same time. It's interesting how turning on Airplane mode or toggling it on/off it seems to "fix" a lot of things.

The strange part is that I can get Link to backup the Settings, but not Media, Applications or Full Backup. I'll probably have to give Sachesi a try for now. It would still be nice to have to have Link working properly again though.
    11-11-13 07:28 AM
    Unfortunately Sachesi didn't work either. It get's to about 7% and hangs with a runtime error.

Major bummer!
    11-15-13 11:45 AM