Lol. An undeletable one.

Posted via CBQ10
    Easily deleted.
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    08-08-13 09:55 PM
    BlackBerry just needs to give users options. Enable or disable, hide or display. The hub is great, but not terribly efficient. I, too, have four email accounts and I would love to have a link "shortcut" to take me straight to my primary work email account. Looks like I will have to put my dev cap on.

I suspect BlackBerry will offer this in the future as the hub icon is utterly useless as it still, in my experience, takes you to where you left off. I only have my email accounts in the main hub, color coded to reduce clutter.

If I had all accounts active in the main hub it would be like sifting through the latest Crackberry leak thread.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:20 PM
    Color coded? Care to elaborate? I don't see a way to color code them (on 10.1)

....Update: I believe I saw that this is new in 10.2

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 01:08 PM
    Because humans are stupid and can't figure out how gestures work. :/
    Seems the gesture routine is the number one issue (number two being the lack of app ecosystem) that keeps long-time iPhone users from getting used to, or putting up with long enough to acclimate themselfes to the Z10/Q10. Maybe this will keep the BB OS10 devices from being on the "most returned" list at most AT&T/VZW stores...and may even make it more attractive to those coming from iPhone/Android-devices.
    08-09-13 01:31 PM
    Ugh..bring back feature to hide icons and folders, anyone?
    I miss that!!!!
    08-09-13 01:41 PM
    BlackBerry just needs to give users options. Enable or disable, hide or display. The hub is great, but not terribly efficient. I, too, have four email accounts and I would love to have a link "shortcut" to take me straight to my primary work email account. Looks like I will have to put my dev cap on.

I suspect BlackBerry will offer this in the future as the hub icon is utterly useless as it still, in my experience, takes you to where you left off. I only have my email accounts in the main hub, color coded to reduce clutter.

If I had all accounts active in the main hub it would be like sifting through the latest Crackberry leak thread.

Posted via CB10
    I have talked to a few people who really miss the old BBOS feature of clicking on an icon dedicated to a specific email account. There might be some money in an app that can re-create this experience.
    08-09-13 02:01 PM
    I have talked to a few people who really miss the old BBOS feature of clicking on an icon dedicated to a specific email account. There might be some money in an app that can re-create this experience.
    I'd buy that!
    08-09-13 02:57 PM
    You basically have that by clicking on the account in the hub list. Granted it's a couple of gestures to get there, and there's no easy way to automatically reset the hub view... would be nice if something like the "shortcut creator"app could create a shortcut to a hub acccount....

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 04:56 PM
    BlackBerry need to make things more simple
    They did put hub Icon because some people do know how to go to hub

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 06:52 PM
    Btw, I think I agree that peeking at the hub should always take you to the hub, not to where you were last time. If you want to only see (for example) text messages, that is when you might want to hit the text message icon. Of course you could also swipe to the hub and then select the account ... so you have a choice.

I think that the concept of leaving the hub "where it was last time" is not the best idea. At the very least it should be a user choice, selected in the hub configuration -- remember account, or always show entire hub. I'd love to have that choice, and then these icons could have real value to all of us!

Posted via CB10
    I really think the CB community is split into two about this.

My take on it is the following: if the HUB-gesture would always bring you to the main HUB, it would suck. BIG TIME.

I find myself reading an email and following a link, then going back to that email.

I find myself chatting continuously with one and the same person while doing something else, always swicthing between that chat and what I do else.

I find myself following a link from a chat and going back to that conversation to answer.

I find myself beginning to type a message or email and checking on or searching for something in between, let's say a link to copy and then going back to finish writing the message.

There is one simple thing about the HUB on which you get accustomed to: it stays where you left, and that makes perfect sense in like 80% of the cases. Now all you have to do is, when you're finished with any email or conversation, remember to simply swipe back to the main HUB before you leave. And that's pretty much it. The inky scenario where this doesn't work is, if you follow a link without the intend to actually continue the conversation afterwards. But even this isn't a big point for me.

At least with 10.2 and the toast messages along with quick replies, this isn't even less a concern anymore.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    08-09-13 11:16 PM

My take on it is the following: if the HUB-gesture would always bring you to the main HUB, it would suck. BIG TIME.

I find myself reading an email and following a link, then going back to that email.

I find myself chatting continuously with one and the same person while doing something else, always swicthing between that chat and what I do else.

I find myself following a link from a chat and going back to that conversation to answer.

I find myself beginning to type a message or email and checking on or searching for something in between, let's say a link to copy and then going back to finish writing the message.

There is one simple thing about the HUB on which you get accustomed to: it stays where you left, and that makes perfect sense in like 80% of the cases. Now all you have to do is, when you're finished with any email or conversation, remember to simply swipe back to the main HUB before you leave. And that's pretty much it. The inky scenario where this doesn't work is, if you follow a link without the intend to actually continue the conversation afterwards. But even this isn't a big point for me.

At least with 10.2 and the toast messages along with quick replies, this isn't even less a concern anymore.

Posted via CB10
    I fully agree with you! I'm just wondering if the frustration for a lot of people is that they just want to swipe and see all their messages, but aren't thinking about when they need to actually work those messages. Honestly, when you bread a message, it's just a quick swipe to take you back to the main hub, but if you're actually working from an email, and it keeps kicking you back to main hub, well I think there'd be a ton of complaints. And I kinda think some of the bones that would complain about would also be complaining about that.

Of course, we all know a couple names that would still be complaining even if they started pooping gold.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 02:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    I fully agree with you! I'm just wondering if the frustration for a lot of people is that they just want to swipe and see all their messages, but aren't thinking about when they need to actually work those messages. Honestly, when you bread a message, it's just a quick swipe to take you back to the main hub, but if you're actually working from an email, and it keeps kicking you back to main hub, well I think there'd be a ton of complaints. And I kinda think some of the bones that would complain about would also be complaining about that.

Of course, we all know a couple names that would still be complaining even if they started pooping gold.

Posted via CB10
    No matter what BlackBerry do with the Hub, no-one will ever be satisfied.
    I tend to leave mine set to BBM's as that how I prefer it. If Peek always returned to the main view, I'd be pretty upset.
    08-10-13 03:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. And it has now been automatic for me to swipe back to the hub when I'm done.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    08-10-13 06:37 AM
    With the old Blackberry, you could see straight away if you had messages in the Message folder.
    During a meeting, I don't want to be using gestures; I'd just like to be able to see at a glance.
    Currently on the home screen you see nothing for emails, although you have an icon for Text Messages, Facebook, WhatsApp etc.... Makes sense to me to have the icon. I personally would like to be able to have an icon for individual email accounts on the homescreen too.
    09-02-13 01:17 AM
    During meetings you should be providing the host your undivided attention.
    09-02-13 06:14 AM
    At least give us the spark if there is a hub icon. Similar to the text msg icon.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 08:35 AM
    Hey guys, I accidentally deleted the hub icon. Is there anyway to get it back?
    10-03-13 12:14 PM
    I know how to use my Z10.
    I know how to swipe.
    I still like the icon. It's a second option and tapping is still quicker than swiping if I choose to do so.
    If you don't like it, you can easily move it elsewhere or dump it into a folder.
    No need to criticize additional options, they don't hurt you or affect how you choose to navigate your phone.

Actually I agree it DOES need a spark. One of my pet peeves with the hidden hub is not seeing that there is a new message other than BBM and Texts.
    10-03-13 12:38 PM
    Oops just noticed that the spark does indeed appear on the icon. Even better.
    10-03-13 02:22 PM
    Hey guys, I accidentally deleted the hub icon. Is there anyway to get it back?
    If it's anything like the bloatware, give it a day and you'll get a system update putting it back.
    10-03-13 03:53 PM
245 ... 8910