Why don't they concentrate on one touch screen and one keypad device and make those two the best possible phone they can be? We don't need all these mid tier, cheap models around....just one great working phone,

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    09-24-13 08:54 AM
    Why don't they concentrate on one touch screen and one keypad device and make those two the best possible phone they can be? We don't need all these mid tier, cheap models around....just one great working phone,

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    Actually they do need lower priced phones.

I'd go as far and say they finally got the right plan: 4 phones.

If I were BlackBerry, they'd be 2 premium and two low end. No Middle grounds. Low end Android phones can pack a lot of punch so no, I don't mean cheap, poor quality, low spec'ed phones. And just like you said, keep it simple, 2 touchscreens, 2 qwerty.

Why do they need low end phones though? Because only us, adicts are willing to go for premium priced BlackBerry devices right now. People were more than willing to try BB10, but not at the pricepoint the Z10 and Q10 were offered. A good low end, entry level device (I begged for a Z5, they didn't listen. Q5 came out - overpriced) would allow people to dip their toes in the BB10 ocean without feeling they are risking too much. It would also alow emergin markets (where BlackBerry used to be strong) to regain some market share.

But hey, I'm just a project manager, what do I know...
    09-24-13 09:05 AM
    I disagree with the lower priced phone thing.

back in the day even before bb 7

everyone with a lower tier phone would have problems and what was on the front plate of it? blackberry.

so right away people say "BLACK BERRY SUCKS"

Don't put your company name on **** devices. It makes your company look really bad.

iphone only made premium devices so there were no chance of being "****ty"
    09-24-13 09:29 AM
    Actually they do need lower priced phones.

I'd go as far and say they finally got the right plan: 4 phones.

If I were BlackBerry, they'd be 2 premium and two low end. No Middle grounds. Low end Android phones can pack a lot of punch so no, I don't mean cheap, poor quality, low spec'ed phones. And just like you said, keep it simple, 2 touchscreens, 2 qwerty.

Why do they need low end phones though? Because only us, adicts are willing to go for premium priced BlackBerry devices right now. People were more than willing to try BB10, but not at the pricepoint the Z10 and Q10 were offered. A good low end, entry level device (I begged for a Z5, they didn't listen. Q5 came out - overpriced) would allow people to dip their toes in the BB10 ocean without feeling they are risking too much. It would also alow emergin markets (where BlackBerry used to be strong) to regain some market share.

But hey, I'm just a project manager, what do I know...
    But why would someone buy a z5 when they could get an iPhone 4s for $50 or free on plan....or a Galaxy 3 free on plan? You get the massive ecosystem of those phones at a price that BB could only hope to match. A z5 appeals to no one. The low end consumer market needs the popular apps to appeal to the young people.....z5 wouldn't appeal to anyone IMO.
    09-24-13 09:41 AM