Wtf! I keep accidentally sending unfinished or unedited messages!
    Fyi, z10 is still the best phone I've ever owned!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:18 PM
    I agree this is something that I have experienced occasionally too.

I really don't like how easy it is to send an unfinished message. Most of the time when I press send by accident I will keep my finger "down" on the send button and try to slide by finger off of the button before "releasing" (up).

Unfortunately the phone still sends the message when you do this "down" pause over the send button. This should be fixed and the message should only be sent on the "up" stroke (if the finger is still on the send button).

That being said, I too love this phone.
    04-23-13 05:26 PM
    Yeah it's not the best. I've gotten quite quick with my typing on the Z10, and can easily hit send instead of delete if I'm not too careful. But with practice it doesn't happen as often. Those first few weeks though...

Posted via my sexy white Z10 using CB 10
    04-23-13 05:27 PM
    you could also try double pressing the space bar instead. this would automatically put the period in as an alternative.
    RazzBerry and AccioBlackBerry like this.
    04-23-13 05:30 PM
    No problem here. All I get is

Instead of.......

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-23-13 05:42 PM
    The logic behind the arrangement is sound, as it's normal wanting to send a message after completion of a sentence. However, in practice, it is too easy get the two mixed on a touch screen.

As mentioned, the best way is to disregard it and use the double tap of the space bar to insert a period. I like to think of it as a decimal point rather than a period. Hopefully, some bumper space is added around the send button on an update.

On a side note, I just noticed the alternate function for the period is the voice texting option. Learn something new everyday.
    04-23-13 05:44 PM
    Agree ++ ....... not a huge issue but it is a challenge

I am in the "Global 10 Community" in Blackberry Betazone. I completed a survey there today on Z10. As part of the survey they asked for 3 best features and 3 things you would add or change. One of my 3 changes ...... move the "SEND" button on the texting keyboard.

Oh well ..... I could probably eventually learn to live with. I realize it's probably there to provide for the quickest most efficient texting. For me ...... it's a little to quick and efficent.
    04-23-13 05:44 PM
    [QUOTE=wentouch;8366708]The logic behind the arrangement is sound, as it's normal wanting to send a message after completion of a sentence. However, in practice, it is too easy get the two mixed on a touch screen.[QUOTE]

There is the Send button at the top of the screen when composing an email. No need for the Submit key on the virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-23-13 07:22 PM
    I was replying to one of my sales reps via text & i tried to type a period and instead it sent the message before I could finish and came off sounding rude and unprofessional. Of course by the time I sent him the completed message the damage was already done and then it looked like I was trying to retract what I already said and trying to save face.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:27 PM
    Don't have this problem but that is me

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    04-23-13 10:30 PM
    Lol. I agree with this!

Posted with my Z10
    04-23-13 10:36 PM
    Initially did happen with me a few times but no with enough practice and having used the keyboard a lot of times, I'm good with it. They just put it there to make the job of texting and messaging that much more easier and efficient. You'll get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:05 AM
    I was replying to one of my sales reps via text & i tried to type a period and instead it sent the message before I could finish and came off sounding rude and unprofessional. Of course by the time I sent him the completed message the damage was already done and then it looked like I was trying to retract what I already said and trying to save face.

Posted via CB10
    Proof it it didn't haopen!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:46 AM
    I don't have this problem because I always use the space bar, two taps =.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:03 AM
    It exists to **** me off

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:39 AM
    I don't have this problem because I always use the space bar, two taps =.

Posted via CB10
    Me too, but you have to make sure it's set for this in Settings.
    04-24-13 07:43 AM
    Me too, but you have to make sure it's set for this in Settings.
    My problem is the delete button lol.

Posted via CB10
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    04-24-13 07:44 AM
    This annoys me a ton as well. I've had the Z10 since launch day, and this still trips me up.

The send button should be up where it is for email, or at the very least where the waste of screen estate smiley button is.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:50 AM
    [QUOTE=kill_9;8367194][QUOTE=wentouch;8366708]The logic behind the arrangement is sound, as it's normal wanting to send a message after completion of a sentence. However, in practice, it is too easy get the two mixed on a touch screen.

There is the Send button at the top of the screen when composing an email. No need for the Submit key on the virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Good solution. Now getting it implemented for email and added to SMS will be the hurdle.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:55 AM
    My problem is the delete button lol.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. I am always hitting the L key. I am getting used to swiping back with my fingers to delete words.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:35 PM
    Me too. I am always hitting the L key. I am getting used to swiping back with my fingers to delete words.

Posted via CB10
    I hit either L or send lol.
    I use the swipe, but I don't use it if I just want to delete one letter

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 02:17 AM