Is there a way to prevent it from doing that?
    03-25-13 03:24 PM
    Bump and Bump
    03-26-13 08:05 AM
    What notification bar?? There's only the hub, led indicator and you can see the icons of what notifications you have by swiping up and holding

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:08 AM
    What notification bar?? There's only the hub, led indicator and you can see the icons of what notifications you have by swiping up and holding

Posted via CB10
    Negative. When you start your phone you can notice that there is a notification bar with the date and the carriers name on it.
    it also reappears when you swipe from top of the screen to the bottom along with settings, rotation lock etc.
    Do a restart on the phone and check it.
    After the initial boot when you start the gestures it auto-hides.
    03-26-13 08:11 AM
    Oh mine stays except for when I'm in a app..
    Why is the notification bar auto-hiding?-img_00000835.png
    Why is the notification bar auto-hiding?-img_00000836.png

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 01:22 PM
    That's how they have it set.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-26-13 01:30 PM
    You can see it when you peek up. It's intentional.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 01:33 PM
    Negative. When you start your phone you can notice that there is a notification bar with the date and the carriers name on it.
    it also reappears when you swipe from top of the screen to the bottom along with settings, rotation lock etc.
    Do a restart on the phone and check it.
    After the initial boot when you start the gestures it auto-hides.
    That's by design, it's not a bug. Why? You'd have to ask the UI designers at BlackBerry. Personally I wish it showed when doing a peek.
    03-26-13 01:46 PM
    That's by design, it's not a bug. Why? You'd have to ask the UI designers at BlackBerry. Personally I wish it showed when doing a peek.
    It's does show when you do a peek.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 01:53 PM
    That's not a notification bar at the top of the screen. It's a date/carrier bar. It literally only shows you what carrier you are connected with and the date. Not that I'm trying to criticize (but I know I totally am), but why is this an important feature that you feel needs to be visible all the time?

JB
    03-26-13 01:58 PM
    That's not a notification bar at the top of the screen. It's a date/carrier bar. It literally only shows you what carrier you are connected with and the date. Not that I'm trying to criticize (but I know I totally am), but why is this an important feature that you feel needs to be visible all the time?

JB
    I remember those days when the accuweather temperature was showing there....
    03-26-13 02:23 PM
    Completely disconnect yourself from BBOS. This is a completely new platform and cannot be compared to the old OS. The bar at the top only shows date and carrier and nothing else, nor was it designed to show anything else.

Perhaps in the future an update can bring the ability for weather apps to show the temperature up by the battery.

JB

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 02:41 PM
    Completely disconnect yourself from BBOS. This is a completely new platform and cannot be compared to the old OS. The bar at the top only shows date and carrier and nothing else, nor was it designed to show anything else.

Perhaps in the future an update can bring the ability for weather apps to show the temperature up by the battery.

JB

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.
    03-26-13 02:44 PM
    I did have the date and carrier appear for a whole day last week. I kind of enjoyed it. Any way to set it so you see the date and carrier all the time?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 04:48 PM