My phone was bought unlocked so I don't see how my carrier would dictate which updates I get. Maybe the update just hasn't been released in the UK yet and once done it will be available regardless of what carrier we use.

Posted via CB10
    Once you add the carriers sim card, the phone will connect to the carriers towers / systems. This will then download the update the carriers are releasing. Also was your phone a factory unlocked phone from BlackBerry ( doubt it) or was it a unlocked phone that someone else unlocked it?
    03-01-13 02:14 AM
    Probably just waiting until they get feedback from STL-3 users, before starting the STL-2

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 02:14 AM
    Once you add the carriers sim card, the phone will connect to the carriers towers / systems. This will then download the update the carriers are releasing. Also was your phone a factory unlocked phone from BlackBerry ( doubt it) or was it a unlocked phone that someone else unlocked it?
    The phone was bought unlocked from the carphone warehouse so it has never been tied to a carrier. If I turn off my mobile network and check over wifi I am surely not being influenced by my sim but still nothing.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 02:17 AM
    I also have an unlocked Z10 and I am from Romania. The release date here is somewhere in april or may.. Do I have to wait until then...?
    03-01-13 02:21 AM
    Apple has set it differently that no carrier in the world can touch the updates. This is a agreement that was made when the carrier wants to sell the iPhone. This has nothing to do with the phone being unlocked. If you got a unlocked phone from Blackberry them selfs, the updates will come straight from the company. If you unlocked the phone your self from another carrier, then you will get the updates from the carrier. This is how it always has been with BB / Android & WP phones.

I have a factory unlocked S3 from Samsung. ( Got it from Samsung Canada). The updates come straight threw Samsung. My buddy unlocked his S3 from Rogers. He still has to wait to get the update from Rogers tho because the phone was locked to Rogers. You are just unlocking the sim card to let the phone be used with another carrier. If you search this up, it will show you it.
    I have a factory unlocked Z10 in the UK and no update. Maybe they simply haven't finished the update for the STL100-2

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 02:30 AM
    I bought mine sim free, from phones4u. But I live in Ireland, I'm on vodafone here and they have not even announced that they are getting the phone. If they don't does this mean I'll never get an update.
    03-01-13 02:40 AM
    I bought mine sim free, from phones4u. But I live in Ireland, I'm on vodafone here and they have not even announced that they are getting the phone. If they don't does this mean I'll never get an update.
    That's what I'm worried about. Surely Blackberry will not put us back into the hands of slack carriers again!?
    03-01-13 02:43 AM
    Exactly what I'm worried about.

Virgin have said that they are not going to stock the Z10, but probably will stock the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 04:12 AM
    May it also not of have something to do with the fact that this update became ready for canadian carriers after 5PM GMT.

Testers in the UK were probably down the pub
    bobauckland likes this.
    03-01-13 04:23 AM
    It's Friday so they'll probably be in the pub before then today. Buggers.
    bobauckland likes this.
    03-01-13 06:04 AM
    Nothing on Vodafone UK either. i for one am getting tired of all the "coming soon" statements regarding OS updates, whatsapp, skype, etc. not one single firm date from any of these companies/carriers and BBRY will end up reaping the criticism for it.
    03-01-13 07:19 AM
    Nothing on Vodafone UK either. i for one am getting tired of all the "coming soon" statements regarding OS updates, whatsapp, skype, etc. not one single firm date from any of these companies/carriers and BBRY will end up reaping the criticism for it.
    They already do from the negativity brigade.
    03-01-13 07:37 AM
    From the look of it most of the fixes have already been incorporated into my STL100-2 on 10.0.9.348. The biggest one seems to be the battery savings. As I don't have a problem in this regard, I wonder how much of a benefit I would get by installing it.
    sportline likes this.
    03-01-13 07:43 AM
    I was not complaining, I was telling the OP that not everyone in Canada got their update, that's all.
    03-01-13 08:31 AM
    I was not complaining, I was telling the OP that not everyone in Canada got their update, that's all.
    Never said you were. I was referring to the people who blame Blackberry for things they can't be responsible for. :-)
    03-01-13 08:45 AM
    Apparently, according to the UK BB twitter, they are "working aggressively to roll this out".
    03-01-13 09:35 AM
    I've just had a tweet back of blackberry UK saying that they are working aggressively to get the update out as soon as possible fingers crossed

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 09:45 AM
    Can't wait for the update! Come on 2!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 10:10 AM
    I've just had a tweet back of blackberry UK saying that they are working aggressively to get the update out as soon as possible fingers crossed

Posted via CB10
    Well then let's hope those good Canadians are working this weekend or get it out before 5pm today EST, Lol :-)
    03-01-13 10:22 AM
    It would be clever to modify in the title the "uk" to "EU" or to "STL100-2" (my model, bought unlocked in France, weekly used with SIM cards from Swiss, Luxembourg and German carriers [none offers OTA for now]).

Unfortunately, BlackBerry strategy (to release OTA update toward carriers) will relegate the old continent (including island) to a second zone. Although it could be an advantage for some people, I'm very disappointed, because I'm 100% geek, so it's not a problem for me to be a beta tester.
    03-01-13 10:26 AM
    It would be clever to modify in the title the "uk" to "EU" or to "STL100-2" (my model, bought unlocked in France, weekly used with SIM cards from Swiss, Luxembourg and German carriers [none offers OTA for now]).

Unfortunately, BlackBerry strategy (to release OTA update toward carriers) will relegate the old continent (including island) to a second zone. Although it could be an advantage for some people, I'm very disappointed, because I'm 100% geek, so it's not a problem for me to be a beta tester.
    I heard the update was released to all the carriers where the z10 has been released on February 17th though. I think it's just that the European carriers are dragging their feet.
    03-01-13 10:32 AM
    Just glad BlackBerry got one out so quick, even though it hasn't landed in the UK yet. Can't wait. Will make my little Z10 beastie even more awesome! : )

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    03-01-13 10:37 AM
47 12