BIS plans for specific models of OS 10 can be win win situation there are many fans of BIS plans which works better than other internet services, this will not only add value to BlackBerry 10 devices but generate additional revenue for company. I recommend BIS plans for upcoming model of BlackBerry OS 10 do you?

Via super Z10
    02-26-14 07:55 AM
    BIS plans for specific models of OS 10 can be win win situation there are many fans of BIS plans which works better than other internet services, this will not only add value to BlackBerry 10 devices but generate additional revenue for company. I recommend BIS plans for upcoming model of BlackBerry OS 10 do you?

Via super Z10
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry!

This is a very well discussed topic here. Personally I prefer the current experience over BIS. I'm sure there will be others who will differ.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-26-14 08:02 AM
    In a marketplace where every other platform for consumers doesn't cost extra to use, I feel BlackBerry would be fighting an uphill battle to win back customers if that was the case.

Can't speak for everyone else, but in the UK BIS plans are 5-10 GBP per month *more* over your existing airplan.

Awesome BB Z10. Be Social: 2B80D5C2

Edit: *BIS, not BES as incorrectly posted originally.
    Last edited by geekl33tgamer; 02-26-14 at 08:15 AM.
    02-26-14 08:04 AM
    In a marketplace where every other platform for consumers doesn't cost extra to use, I feel BlackBerry would be fighting an uphill battle to win back customers if that was the case.

Can't speak for everyone else, but in the UK BES plans are 5-10 GBP per month *more* over your existing airplan.

Awesome BB Z10. Be Social: 2B80D5C2
    This, and carriers not wanting to pay BlackBerry, are two of the many reasons why BIS won't be making a comeback. In Canada our BIS data plans were actually the same as other smartphones and cheaper even someone had a social networking only plan.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:06 AM
    I, for one, am not a fan of the idea of going back to smaller attachment size limitations, slower browsing speeds due to compression, etc... I could see it being good for markets where 4G/LTE hasn't been rolled out, though.

Did they ever officially get OS10 working with BIS setup in the first place?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-26-14 08:11 AM
    I, for one, am not a fan of the idea of going back to smaller attachment size limitations, slower browsing speeds due to compression, etc... I could see it being good for markets where 4G/LTE hasn't been rolled out, though.

Did they ever officially get OS10 working with BIS setup in the first place?
    A better question would be did they even try.

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    02-26-14 03:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Touche. Well played.

Posted via BBCBZ10
    02-26-14 04:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Supposedly, they did try.

But all we ever heard about was how they couldn't get BB10 to work on the existing BES system. It was why they had to create a separate BES version for BB10 phones and corporate IT had to run two BES versions to cover BB10 and legacy BB phones.

Not an official peep about BIS during all that. Except when BB10 was about to launch, and RIM (as they were still known as for a few more months) officially said there would be no BIS.

I was worried about it at first. But, to be honest, I don't miss it. I have a personal pop3 account with my ISP, and a company exchange account that is NOT on BES. My prior BlackBerry phones had BIS, and I had to get my work email by connecting through the exchange Outlook Web Access. No calendar or contact syncing with my work account except by direct USB syncing through Desktop Manager.

Once I got the Z10, connected work email through EAS, it was great - nice to get calendar and contact OTA syncing, as well as access to all my email folders. Home is pretty much just like it was on BIS. I had 15 minute polling before (no IMAP- so, no real push... ever), and I still have 15 minute polling - just set in the phone instead of the BIS server.

But, I could see a purpose for BIS for those who still use email accounts that get instant push through BIS (and there are several). But only for email use. Certainly is useless for all other data use like browsing or media streaming.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 05:52 PM
    I miss the Email filters that BIS provided. I could screen what email reached me on the phone and just leave the other items on the server to be retrieved on my computer. It really cut down the clutter and junk and I only received email from contacts that I really wanted to see while out and about.
    02-26-14 06:25 PM
    I don't think it was a matter of could they but more of a matter of do we want these old and possibly crippling slow protocols that legacy BBOS used tacked onto BB10 when we have a chance to make a clean break and do everything so much better. Probably a lot of effort for a mediocre result so they skipped it. Not to mention most the market doesn't want to pay the extra fee for BIS.

Posted via CB10
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    02-26-14 06:34 PM