My wife has to turn off data in order for her phone to last a day at work. She does not even use her phone at work except for a couple of bbms or texts. She has a Z10. I have a Z30. We purchased new batteries for her phone with no improvement.

When I compare the two phones side by side in the "Battery Usage" screen two things jump out at me:

1) "System" - Z30: 2%, Z10: 4.1% (consistently)

2) "PIM Services" - Z30: 0.88%, Z10: 1.8%

Everything else is close to equal.

She has no apps installed, two email accounts and nothing else I can find that could be causing the drain.

EDIT: I am very aware of the Z10 battery life limitations as her phone was MY phone for close to two years. However I almost always made it home from work without a charge and used the phone for work fairly heavily. That's why we purchased new batteries (they came bundled so I had to buy two). She is a very light user and can't get through 8 hours.
    06-14-15 01:14 PM
    Don't you love your wife to get her a Z10 ?

No real reason. It's just a bad battery.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 02:18 PM
    Turn off ur data and it will last longer than 24 hrs I have one it's what I do when I'm not really using it. U will still get txt and receive calls

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    06-14-15 02:36 PM
    How is it when at home?
    06-14-15 03:49 PM
    You're going to have to look at the 'memory' tab in the device monitor to see if something is running thats isn't supposed to. Sometimes Skype or some other apps.

Otherwise you might be stuck doing an OS reload, and not restoring data.
    06-14-15 03:59 PM
    Have you set emails to only come through manually? She will need to refresh the Hub to get new messages but it does make a big difference.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-14-15 07:36 PM
    My Z10 that I had really good battery that it lasts 1 1/2 days

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 07:48 PM
    I run my Z10 in Battery Saving Mode from 100%, I have the Brightness and Battery Saving Mode toggles on the Quick Settings Menu. This really helps battery life a lot.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 07:53 PM
    I found that Wifi and Bluetooth were constantly searching signals and draining the battery. I never used those away from my house so I'd shut them off and battery life would increase (3 hours to last 5 hours).

If you're using 10.3.2, you should have access to advanced interactions. I've noticed when I have my phone face down for that, I can last a full work day. If your wife is not using her phone, this is a viable option to still have access to your phone without having to turn off all of your signals.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 09:41 PM
    Z10 has a bad battery.. not too good for a wifes gift. she might divorce you..hehe
    06-15-15 02:32 AM
    My wife has to turn off data in order for her phone to last a day at work. She does not even use her phone at work except for a couple of bbms or texts. She has a Z10. I have a Z30. We purchased new batteries for her phone with no improvement.

When I compare the two phones side by side in the "Battery Usage" screen two things jump out at me:

1) "System" - Z30: 2%, Z10: 4.1% (consistently)

2) "PIM Services" - Z30: 0.88%, Z10: 1.8%

Everything else is close to equal.

She has no apps installed, two email accounts and nothing else I can find that could be causing the drain.

EDIT: I am very aware of the Z10 battery life limitations as her phone was MY phone for close to two years. However I almost always made it home from work without a charge and used the phone for work fairly heavily. That's why we purchased new batteries (they came bundled so I had to buy two). She is a very light user and can't get through 8 hours.
    I thought it was just me. That Z10 is doing exactly what mine is doing, which leads me to suspect the software. I bought a new battery in January, lasts just as long as the original - hours, not a whole day anymore.
    06-15-15 03:17 AM
    Do you have th anonymous data sending turned off?
    06-15-15 04:11 AM
    Have you tried to lower the data connection protocol. I mean using 2g or 3g de whole day, and disabling 4g/LTE?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 04:52 AM
    Shes cheating you and deletes all the pictures, bbm's/whatsapps she sends to the guy before you see it. Theres no other way

Posted via CB10
    Jahtruth and assk like this.
    06-15-15 08:02 AM
    I found that Wifi and Bluetooth were constantly searching signals and draining the battery. I never used those away from my house so I'd shut them off and battery life would increase (3 hours to last 5 hours).

If you're using 10.3.2, you should have access to advanced interactions. I've noticed when I have my phone face down for that, I can last a full work day. If your wife is not using her phone, this is a viable option to still have access to your phone without having to turn off all of your signals.

Posted via CB10
    Advanced Interactions actually drains battery, that is why Battery Saving Mode disables it.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 08:51 AM
    Does she have LTE on her mobile network?
    When my Z10 was new, the battery life was decent. Once T-Mobile started rolling out LTE coverage in my area, the battery life dropped like a rock.
    Upgrading to a Z30 fixed the problem, because the Z30 has a better antenna and a much bigger battery.
    06-15-15 10:34 AM
    Either old batteries, or remove/delete all the email accounts on the device, reload them all, set each account to sync ever 24 hours.

Use the device's supplied charger, charge it fully, then unplug it. Run the battery dead completely, recharge it using the original charger.

You then should get a day easy out of the battery...

Try it, and let me know.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    06-15-15 01:56 PM
    Either old batteries, or remove/delete all the email accounts on the device, reload them all, set each account to sync ever 24 hours.

Use the device's supplied charger, charge it fully, then unplug it. Run the battery dead completely, recharge it using the original charger.

You then should get a day easy out of the battery...

Try it, and let me know.

I found the imap sync to be a battery killer. I forget what the default is, but I set it to 4 hours. The imap "cloud" function will sync quickly. That is, a message drafted on the phone will also show up as a message on say your desktop. So I don't know exactly what the sync feature does except perhaps double check that everything on the phone is on the server.

You can start at 24 hours as suggested, but perhaps dial it back if you find issues with the email.

I noticed there is a sync time frame option. I don't recall seeing that before. It controls how old the email will be before no longer being on the phone. I suppose the more messages you keep on the phone, the more energy used during the sync process. Mine is at a week. I find I have email on the phone for a much longer period than a week, so maybe it only syncs the last week's worth of email.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 10:56 PM
    FYI the default sync internal is 30 minutes. That is tough on the battery.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 07:54 PM
    I have 3 IMAP accounts, sync every 15 minutes. Plus1 work active sync push account for email, calendar and easily get 14+ hours a day before it gets around 20%. Then it tends to go down pretty quickly.

Lucky I guess

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    mppmiami likes this.
    06-16-15 11:28 PM
    Same here nevertheless I always carry an extra battery just in case, it is so easy to swap them and even so I've found myself doing so probably 4 or 5 times if ever.
    06-17-15 05:30 AM
    I only swap mine once a day. That's if the batteries are brand new. That is key.

06-18-15 04:47 AM
    Does she have LTE on her mobile network?
    When my Z10 was new, the battery life was decent. Once T-Mobile started rolling out LTE coverage in my area, the battery life dropped like a rock.
    Upgrading to a Z30 fixed the problem, because the Z30 has a better antenna and a much bigger battery.
    Bad signal used to have a huge impact on my Z10's battery life.

Another thing you may want to check is the CPU usage to see if there are any large spikes. I would on occasion get these spikes lasting for 15 mins that would drain almost half the battery.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    06-18-15 10:01 AM
    What the others have mentioned. Is she near a weak wifi signal? If the phone is constantly searching it will drain in a few hours.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 11:34 AM
    I hate when somebody opens up new thread, look for advice, then never responds to any questions asked, wasting people's time and honest effort to help.
    assk and GreenCopperz like this.
    06-18-15 02:37 PM
29 12