Ok, let me say first that I am not against Apple at all and our household does own an iPod and two iPads and we love them.

At work I had the choice between iPhone 5, Z10 and Q10 and I took the Z10. I am very happy with the choice because of this:

0) Let�s start superficial - I like its design very much. iPhone is cool too, but Z10 is a chic thing...
    1) Docs To Go and Adobe Reader are nicely embedded into the mail app and open attachments inside. No switching of apps needed.
    2) There is an accessible file system. In other words, I can start writing a mail and decide in the process that I want to attach a file. With my iPad I can only insert a picture but no other document that way. I also like browsing my file system and access the same stored file from different apps.
    3) I can change the battery on the road. While many smartphones suffer from battery drainage, I like the slick spare battery/charger bundle from BlackBerry to either get a boost for your battery or exchange it on the spot.
    4) I like the red LED. Maybe I just have not realized yet that my life could me much more relaxed without it, but it�s a nice indicator for new messages. The hub is kinda neat too, consolidating all different message channels in a configurable manner.
    5) Solid manufacturing - on my second day I dropped the phone to the floor (it was vibrating its way down from the charger). The removable back cover was open and seemend to have absorbed the shock. Not a tiny scratch or defect. Put cover on again. Done.
    7) Remote lookup on my company exchange server works inside the mail app.
    8) Settings etc. could be loaded over from my previous Blackberry.
    9) Three languages set up simultaneously with auto-detect is nothing short of awesome. I switch among them frequently and any mistake I make on the touch screen keyboard is corrected automatically. Hence I don�t even use the word suggestion above the letters, I just write and all comes out perfectly corrected.
    10) SD card - why not 64 GB additional storage for less than 100 bucks? And even exchangeable with others if need be for large files.
    11) micro HDMI output to share things on a TV or projector
    12) NFC. Not used yet, but hopefully this will prove handy for quick file exchanges and payments soon.
    13) Everyone has an iPhone.

I would not say app-wise Blackberry has an advantage over iOS , but so far I found everything I needed (and I am positive the rest will come soon): Socials (FB, WhatsApp, linkedin, Skype etc.), notes (Evernote integrated into Remember app), travel (maps, google maps (android port), waze, foursquare, OsmAnd, HRS, ...), Kindle, cloud access PlayCloud (Google drive, Skydrive, SugarSync, Box, WebDAV, etc.), Podcasts including browsing channels etc., Dropbox app which shows thumbnails of all stored pics, SoundHog, ... I miss Spotify though.

All in all very happy. And btw when using the phone moderately and in WLANs most of the day, the battery almost lasts for two days.

Markus
    06-25-13 03:23 PM
    Thanks for putting in words why I too love my Z10. Could never really articulate it other than to say it helps me get things done! You have given true evidence if that!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 03:29 PM
    Well written! You can use your browser (desktop mode) for Spotify for now

Posted via CB10. -PlayBook & Z10-
    06-25-13 05:07 PM
    Those are really good points that you make!! Now if we can get everyone to see things this way, we'd have world domination!!
    06-25-13 05:29 PM
    Ok, let me say first that I am not against Apple at all and our household does own an iPod and two iPads and we love them.

At work I had the choice between iPhone 5, Z10 and Q10 and I took the Z10. I am very happy with the choice because of this:

0) Let�s start superficial - I like its design very much. iPhone is cool too, but Z10 is a chic thing...
    1) Docs To Go and Adobe Reader are nicely embedded into the mail app and open attachments inside. No switching of apps needed.
    2) There is an accessible file system. In other words, I can start writing a mail and decide in the process that I want to attach a file. With my iPad I can only insert a picture but no other document that way. I also like browsing my file system and access the same stored file from different apps.
    3) I can change the battery on the road. While many smartphones suffer from battery drainage, I like the slick spare battery/charger bundle from BlackBerry to either get a boost for your battery or exchange it on the spot.
    4) I like the red LED. Maybe I just have not realized yet that my life could me much more relaxed without it, but it�s a nice indicator for new messages. The hub is kinda neat too, consolidating all different message channels in a configurable manner.
    5) Solid manufacturing - on my second day I dropped the phone to the floor (it was vibrating its way down from the charger). The removable back cover was open and seemend to have absorbed the shock. Not a tiny scratch or defect. Put cover on again. Done.
    7) Remote lookup on my company exchange server works inside the mail app.
    8) Settings etc. could be loaded over from my previous Blackberry.
    9) Three languages set up simultaneously with auto-detect is nothing short of awesome. I switch among them frequently and any mistake I make on the touch screen keyboard is corrected automatically. Hence I don�t even use the word suggestion above the letters, I just write and all comes out perfectly corrected.
    10) SD card - why not 64 GB additional storage for less than 100 bucks? And even exchangeable with others if need be for large files.
    11) micro HDMI output to share things on a TV or projector
    12) NFC. Not used yet, but hopefully this will prove handy for quick file exchanges and payments soon.
    13) Everyone has an iPhone.

I would not say app-wise Blackberry has an advantage over iOS , but so far I found everything I needed (and I am positive the rest will come soon): Socials (FB, WhatsApp, linkedin, Skype etc.), notes (Evernote integrated into Remember app), travel (maps, google maps (android port), waze, foursquare, OsmAnd, HRS, ...), Kindle, cloud access PlayCloud (Google drive, Skydrive, SugarSync, Box, WebDAV, etc.), Podcasts including browsing channels etc., Dropbox app which shows thumbnails of all stored pics, SoundHog, ... I miss Spotify though.

All in all very happy. And btw when using the phone moderately and in WLANs most of the day, the battery almost lasts for two days.

Markus
    THANK YOU for making your first post positive and well thought out. And welcome to Crackberry, and BlackBerry! There are many others who feel the same way and are ready to help you with any questions on this forum.
    06-25-13 05:36 PM
    This is why for work there is nothing better. I think some apple people who use the iPhone for work have switched because of the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 05:37 PM
    A good summary!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:34 PM
    Lol. #13 is one of the reasons I got a Z as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:29 PM
    interesting, wasn't aware of this. however, my phone says "too many redirects" in the browser when i try play.spotify.com. any ideas?
    06-26-13 02:46 PM
    interesting, wasn't aware of this. however, my phone says "too many redirects" in the browser when i try play.spotify.com. any ideas?
    found it. the desktop mode in the browser needs to be switched on.
    cyblitz likes this.
    06-26-13 03:16 PM
    Regarding Spotify - I am very excited that Spotify can be converted from Android and works perfectly on the Z10. It is described in Spotify for BlackBerry 10 - Get It Now! | BlackBerry Empire.
    Works like a charme.
    07-09-13 06:08 AM
    We have not got Iphones at work yet but they are coming later in the summer and some are waiting. I have been pushing people who need upgrades to the BlackBerry 10 phones showing them how they don't need to wait as something better is here now. I'm 3/3 in sales so far.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 07:30 AM