It has been a year since I have been using my Z10, and the first day I got it, I got a screen protector and a case for it, and it still look s like a new phone.

Why I won't change my Z10?

Browser: Blackberry has the best browser, and it is way better than Chrome, Opera or Puffin in Android. No competition.

Hub: Best messaging experience. Everything in one place makes Z10 very productive.

Emails: for some reason I receive my Outlook and Gmail emails quicker on my BlackBerry as compared to my Android tablet, the ASUS MemoPad.

Screen Size: This is the perfect screen size for typing and for reading online articles. Perfect.

Battery: It easily lasts me a day, with 15% left when I go to sleep, thanks to battery saving mode.

Apps: I don't use a lot of apps, but following are the apps I use.
    Whatsapp, LinkedIn, BBM, CB10, Facebook, 9gag, Trello, SpamBox, Twitter, Dater, Inst10 and Sync for reddit. All these apps work perfectly on my phone.

I dont play a lot of games, but I have Asphalt 8, Chess and Crossy Roads to pass my time. Games also run smoothly!

So here it is, my review for Z10 after a year. I did recently buy ASUS MemoPad, thinking that I need it to close the app gap, but honestly, I only use my MemoPad to read newspaper online and to play just one Android game called Hungry Sharks.

Not sure when I will feel the urge to change Z10, ill probably get another Z10 if this one gives up on me for some reason, but this phone has a lot of life in it.

So, what are your reasons for never switching from Z10? And if you did switch, what phone did you get?

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    Just battery. It gets hot too fast.
    Got a spare one so almost 2 days without charging

Z10 STL100-2 10.3.1779
    07-19-15 05:33 PM
    Great form factor makes Z10 my phone of choice despite having WP 720 and Xiaomi note 4g...
    Got 3 Z10's for family...great feedback from them about the ease of usage...

I would like an upgrade of Z10 in below departments,
    - Battery approx 3000 mah
    - 64 bit architecture
    - atleast Quad core processor
    - OTG support
    - HDMI support
    - 3 GB RAM

Will be very happy if BlackBerry creates one

With Z10 STL-1 10.3.2.680
    mppmiami likes this.
    07-20-15 08:11 AM
    Still in my hand every minute!

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    HonnyBrown and mppmiami like this.
    07-20-15 03:19 PM
    It is a great phone.

~.Posted using CB10 on my Z10 running 10.3.1.~
    07-22-15 04:14 AM
    My daughter is replacing her 4 year old style 100-03 BlackBerry Z10 with another Z10. No other smartphone provides her with same solid secure functionality. Only item she wants now is smart watch to complement her Z10.

Age 27

Michael in Atl

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 06:01 AM
    After 2 years and a half with my Z10 I'm already thinking about making a change but the device is so good that I really think will be very difficult to find other device like the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    jas1978 and harshik like this.
    07-22-15 01:30 PM
    Bought the z10 first month it came out. Switched to g3 many months ago but back to z10 for the last few weeks because android, specifically the Gmail and Outlook apps are terrible. Don't love the screen size or battery on z10 though, other than that I don't miss android really.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 03:51 PM
    mode_m, I don't miss my iPhone at all. In retrospect, I missed my Z while I used my iPhone.
    07-22-15 05:27 PM
    Switched months ago from Z10 to ip5s and upgraded last Feb to ip6, sold both and fell in love with my Z10 again specially after 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-01-15 11:25 AM
    Still with my black and white zig10s... in alternate work weeks though...
    08-01-15 01:03 PM
    I have had my Z10 since Verizon released and still my every day phone. I do want a new one though. I want the improved spec Z10. Even better camera, water/dust proof, I don't know if I want it any bigger though. I love the size. Just fits perfectly in your hand. Only problem I have now is don't really want 1 made by Foxconn or whatever it called. Before BBRY started outsourcing the work we always seemed to have quality phones that lasted, even though wife's classic seems strong, just liked Blackberry making their own. O yea and I want a better but removable battery in my new Z10. You can't take that from me!!!! Love the phone but would take an updated one if it is anything like this. Would be nice if BlackBerry would get their own nfc app to so the U.S. could use tap to pay and what better if BlackBerry was behind it. I personally feel as though if anyone can change a phone for the better it BlackBerry but will they ever spend the $$ trying anymore??

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 03:22 PM
    One in hand, one spare. When I die they will find 'Z10' inscribed into my black heart.

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    lift likes this.
    08-02-15 04:21 PM
    I started with a Z10 and bought a Classic four months ago. I thought I would put my comparison of the Classic vs the Z10 now that I have had the chance to try the Classic for four months. I really liked the Z10 while it was my main device but I missed the keyboard and track pad of the 9930 as I do a lot of copy and paste with my business. Here are my impressions. ‎
    ‎‎
    1) The Classic is heavier and typing on the keyboard makes it feel a little top-heavy. This makes it a bit of an adjustment in positioning because my thumbs were beginning to experience a little strain and fatigue from pressing that you don't get with the touch screen, which is light and easy. Initial advantage would seem to lie with the Z10 until...

2)*The joy (being sarcastic) of trying to position the cursor.*I am typing away and find that there are some mistakes due to the way I type. Then the irritation with trying to correct becomes more evident. No wonder BlackBerry came up with such an excellent auto correct feature. It makes up for the some of the deficiencies that exist in touch screen typing; the biggest of which comes when you are trying to correct, copy and paste, or when trying to get the cursor in the right place on a website. I had only been on the Classic for a few days and the memories of the overwhelming efficency of the physical keyboard came flooding back. These include accuracy of typing, shortcuts for launching an app or closing a browser (especially with multiple windows frames open), quickly and smoothly moving between apps using the back button and track pad, and simplicity of the answer and hang up keys. The last two alone make the Classic stand out above everything else on the market.*

3) Screen size surprisingly was not the issue I thought it would be. When you stack the two phones side by side, they are almost the same size. This means that BlackBerry has done a good job of getting the size of the screen to where the keyboard style is almost perfect. If the screen were much bigger, the phone would become too top-heavy. Although the Z10 might get the nod here for media related items, for the occasional video I need it for, it works.*

4) Overall phone size. This is an area where preference plays a huge part. I don't like big phones. I want a phone that I can put in my pocket if necessary, not carry around like an accessory. Both the Z10 and Classic are the right size for me.*

5) Battery. Putting it simply, the Classic gives me around a day and a half if I want to push it to the limit for my use. With the Z10, I had a charger available in the car and one at home so I was always covered. One advantage of the Z10 battery is that it is removable. I have friends with iPhones and the commercials mocking people sitting by an outlet is no joke. Their phones hit about a year and a half and they took chargers everywhere. They then went to exterior batteries to tether their phones to and they are stuck with that until their contract is up. I hope that doesn't happen with the Classic.*

So, which one wins? Years ago Crackberry had an excellent article on choosing a phone that matches your needs. When you do that, you will be much happier with your device and less likely to overspend by running after the latest and greatest when what you have works. For me, what works is BlackBerry. The security and simplicity of the OS is what has kept me as a fan since the days of the Curve. And I am not someone who quickly changes what I have if it works. Although the Z10 has been a nice change of pace, had the Classic been around when the switch was made to the BB10, it would have been my choice. So, evaluate your needs and go with what will work best for you. Just make sure it is a BlackBerry.*

Posted via CB10
    HonnyBrown likes this.
    08-06-15 10:45 AM
    I do love the compact size and good screen from Z10 with 2Gigs RAM. Even the cpu is old, but whatever apps will run smoothly with 2Gigs of RAM multitasking. That's cannot lie us!!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 08:34 PM
    Why I like my Z10: Two days ago I had my iPhone On my desk while working and I couldn't get any work done because notifications from my apps kept distracting me and I kept getting tempted to open them. So I pulled the sim and moved to my z10 where none of my favorite apps work. No more distractions. More productivity. Problem solved. Thanks BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 11:35 PM
    Why I like my Z10: Two days ago I had my iPhone On my desk while working and I couldn't get any work done because notifications from my apps kept distracting me and I kept getting tempted to open them. So I pulled the sim and moved to my z10 where none of my favorite apps work. No more distractions. More productivity. Problem solved. Thanks BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    On BB10 you can customize notifications for each app individually, so you can keep all your apps without distraction.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    08-07-15 06:28 AM
    Not to mention removable battery and micro hdmi. I love these features.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 09:53 AM
    Wow! I agree with so many posters in this thread! Z10 really is a great phone!

Posted via Z10
    08-11-15 06:53 PM
    I've been curious about the Z10 lately... I went from a 9900 to the Q10... moved on to the Z30 and been here since... I got the Classic a couple months ago, but for work only... my Z30 contract is done, but I keep it rolling from month to month since May... I'm seriously thinking of buying a Z10 and swapping in my Sim card from the 30... I really use the micro hdmi a lot along with docs and Pdf... all business related... the Z10 is looking good with the 10.3.2 OS...

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 11:11 PM
    I've always found it interesting that most liked the compactness of the Z10 when for myself, coming from a flip phone and an iPod touch, found the Z10 to be quite large. I still prefer rounded form factors like old iPhones, the Q5, and Z30, but after a couple years of using and finding my way back to the size and form of the Z10, am finally beginning to appreciate it..
    08-12-15 12:21 AM
    Damn your battery lasts all day with 15% to spare?! I was dead by the end of lunch. Unfortunately the battery(and to a degree the apps) was the nail in the coffin for me. Can't wait to come back to BlackBerry soon.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 02:25 AM
    Pros of Z10:

One hand manageable size
    Display (brightness and clarity)
    Performance
    Camera (in good light conditions)
    Removable battery
    HDMI

Cons:

Battery life (but could be no issue if user customized his usage to suit the battery)
    Speakers (Z30 wins, hands down)
    No FM or Miracast
    08-14-15 02:45 AM
    Pros of Z10:

One hand manageable size
    Display (brightness and clarity)
    Performance
    Camera (in good light conditions)
    Removable battery
    HDMI

Cons:

Battery life (but could be no issue if user customized his usage to suit the battery)
    Speakers (Z30 wins, hands down)
    No FM or Miracast
    Removable battery. Batteries don't last forever and the performance on newer batteries will always be batter.

So far I have preferred the Heinz Era devices the most.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 05:38 AM
    .... indeed, i'm loving it, bcz i have been using this since DEC2013, still in my hand, i care like a daughter, she never left me alone and sad and i trust her, may be i will buy a brand new BB but i will keep it with me.....
    Last edited by TP Iqbal; 08-15-15 at 04:58 PM. Reason: awesomeness
    08-15-15 04:51 PM
49 12