I keep seeing news of new apps "coming to bb10". This delay will actually allow those apps to be in BlackBerry World before it launches in the US. The last thing we need is the highly critical US market complaining "where are my games??? where are my apps???" and then have that plastered all over the media. Just my 2 nickels (cents are dead for us in canada)
    V22, Bla1ze, imz and 5 others like this.
    02-01-13 02:49 AM
    I pretty much agree with this.. and I certainly don't think I need to mention the obvious but I will.. this wasn't a surprise. This was pretty much a known fact, not the date mind you but the fact that the US would indeed be rolling out later rather than soon.. just people chose to ignore it and instead believe the BS news out there claiming otherwise.
    02-01-13 03:13 AM
    It will also give the developers time to work out some of the bugs and UI inconsistencies. The US is a huge market that RIM, sorry BlackBerry knows they have to work at to win back.
    It may have been a known fact to some, but it offered another opportunity to bash BlackBerry. I am not sure everyone knew that the Q10 was another quarter away...
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 04:21 AM
    Agreed, it partially addresses the chicken or the egg of app development for a new BB10. I've heard often there will be the first wave of BB10 app developers that have been working up till launch, and then there will be the second wave of developers that jump on board if this platform sells and proves it's not DOA. I think this period and unrest may give a good voice to start prodding the second wave with apps coming in by summer especially if sales are noticeable in Canada and UK.
    02-01-13 05:09 AM
    Agreed, it partially addresses the chicken or the egg of app development for a new BB10. I've heard often there will be the first wave of BB10 app developers that have been working up till launch, and then there will be the second wave of developers that jump on board if this platform sells and proves it's not DOA. I think this period and unrest may give a good voice to start prodding the second wave with apps coming in by summer especially if sales are noticeable in Canada and UK.
    I am really hoping it sells well in the UK, I hope we see some initial sales figures soon.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 10:31 AM
    Bla1ze, what about the camera... the shots in the Review of Adam were so washed out it is embarrassing. Seriously. Shameful.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/656459/blac...-composite.jpg (74 megabyte download)

Do you know anything about the production runs: are the devices in the UK different than those in Canada / US? What gives? And if it's a production issue, will RIM sort it out before the US release?

Signed, VERY nervous BB shareholder

EDIT: some more third-party shots have surfaced and they aren't half bad.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7917875
    Last edited by lorax1284; 02-01-13 at 11:20 AM.
    CrownIsle likes this.
    02-01-13 11:09 AM
    I agree that this delay is intentional, here are my thoughts:

1-They are releasing the device first where they know will get more support (UK & Canada), this way they will regain the hype with reviews and comments of loyal real users talking about how amazing this device and OS is, the US users right now are not supporting BB that much, so is about getting back the attention from US users.
    2-As you posted here, more times to get the apps, Americans really need (like).
    3-The anxiety, desperation, frustration of not having what you're being tease about, creates a boost of adrenalin to everyone, and to support that, the Super Bowl Ad.
    02-01-13 11:14 AM
    delay=bug fixes & more info available @ release,,, super bowl ad, while greatly anticipated, will be as weak as the launch was,,, you heard it here first...
    02-01-13 11:38 AM
    I agree that this delay is intentional, here are my thoughts:

1-They are releasing the device first where they know will get more support (UK & Canada), this way they will regain the hype with reviews and comments of loyal real users talking about how amazing this device and OS is, the US users right now are not supporting BB that much, so is about getting back the attention from US users.
    2-As you posted here, more times to get the apps, Americans really need (like).
    3-The anxiety, desperation, frustration of not having what you're being tease about, creates a boost of adrenalin to everyone, and to support that, the Super Bowl Ad.
    Great points. I think they will do well in the US market, especially compared to BB7.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 11:38 AM
    I too have had a change of mind. After reading everything I could find on BB10, Z10, Q10 and PlayBook BB10, its a good thing that the release in the US has been delayed. I would say the BB10 is a little incomplete at the moment
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 11:48 AM
    My thoughts exactly man!

Why I think it is a good thing the Z10 is launching later in America-capture1.jpg

I keep seeing news of new apps "coming to bb10". This delay will actually allow those apps to be in BlackBerry World before it launches in the US. The last thing we need is the highly critical US market complaining "where are my games??? where are my apps???" and then have that plastered all over the media. Just my 2 nickels (cents are dead for us in canada)
    02-01-13 12:32 PM
    While I agree witht he reasoning of waiting on the US, I think the problem is that the reviews of the Z10 out there are of what's available now. The lack of apps and the bugs needing to get fixed are what's being represented in most of the reviews I've read. I don't recall sites (BB sites are probably the exception) going back and doing another review. This is a potential deterent for people looking online for reviews of the device.

The end product will definitely be better once it gets to the US though. Progression is key and at a fast pace, IMHO.
    02-01-13 12:35 PM
    Too bad the US reviews are being based on the "ecosystem" as of Jan 30th as opposed to the street date... I wonder if there will be a second round of reviews once the devices arrive (inevitably, low profile tech journalists who aren't allowed a pre-release run-through will have to do it the hard way i.e. pick one up at retail and review that... hopefully by then some kinks will be ironed out.
    02-01-13 12:55 PM
    My speculation is the delayed release date is more in the hands of the carriers.
    For a small percentage of devices compared to IOS and Android, they want to see how well it does in the rest of the world before they are willing to commit to the investment of supporting it.
    I bet many of the carriers had a wait and see attitude towards RIM
    02-01-13 01:29 PM
    The delay to the U.S. also creates an "I want it too affect"!,...meaning, others around the globe has it,...it's hot,..it's fast,...it not an iPhone, or Android,....it's a Blackberry that is smmoke'n! Gimme,...gimme,...gimme!
    02-01-13 02:23 PM
    RIMM: Jefferies Pounds the Table on Software Prospects, Z10 Sales - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Our initial checks indicate that sales in the UK are off to a strong start. Some stores had lineups out front with widespread sell outs of the White Z10 and limited stock of the Black Z10 […] We believe Carphone Warehouse is seeing widespread sell-outs while O2, Vodafone, Orange and EE are seeing robust demand. We estimate sell-in to be at least several hundred thousand units. To put that in perspective, the iPhone had first weekend sales of 5M+ in the U.S. The U.S. is five times larger so continued strong sales could bode very well for Blackberry […] Also, our checks indicate that pre-orders in the UAE and Canada have had a solid start. While this is not the crux of our call, these initial data points could provide some relief as many thought that the Z10 was DOA.

and here we go. Soon as the US media starts reporting on this the buzz will grow and grow.
    02-01-13 02:32 PM
    Have to agree with the OP. I have even been wondering if this was done on purpose? GM and Ford have started to use this tactic on some of their new global vehicles (Focus, Cruze, Sonic, Malibu ....etc). The fanboys screem and stomp, but all is forgotten soon after the product is finally available (similar to a hungry person freaking out waiting for food, but soon forgets they were hungry and pissed once they are fed) they launched in other markets before their own home turf to weed out bugs and make final tweeks. thus giving the very thickel US market a more flawless product.
    02-01-13 02:43 PM
    I agree with the sentiment here. The Superbowl is not going to be Blackberry's only commercial, it's going to be the start of a big re-introduction back into the US market. Then they have a whole month "or so" to build up even more support (apps and excitement) and fix some bugs/features.

I'm excited and ready to go.
    02-01-13 02:48 PM
    I was pretty underwhelmed at the launch because I was expecting a bit more than what they'd been showing off for months now. WIth no phone ready in the US by superbowl, I think the ad will be more suited towards reinvention of the brand more than the phone(s) themselves. I'm definitely getting excited against since the disappointing launch, because it doesn't change the fact that they're doing some great things with the OS even though they didn't show anything really "new".

The time between now and when the US market sees the phone will be nice to fix the bugs and get more support, but that doesn't change the fact that the poor reviews are written already and likely won't change between now and then. That's where the issue is with me and BB needs a way to remedy that.
    02-01-13 03:00 PM