Can you not delete posts after they have been posted?
    Last edited by stots; 03-24-13 at 01:41 PM.
    03-24-13 01:28 PM
    Yup. It's all about the Apps unfortunately. If the app ecosystem was exactly the same then we might start hearing a different story. I use to feel that Apple were paying off big developers to not develop BlackBerry apps. I'm kind of a conspiracy theorist

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    MrP likes this.
    03-24-13 01:29 PM
    ...well I hope this thread ends up well. All this has been talked over, shouted, over and discussed over a lot and especially in these forums

If I really had to sum up I would say some of the reasons are:

Quote . Also some cases are really "hurt and affected ex BB users that were 'brutally maltreated' before they got divorced'" hahaha.
    I couldn't agree more with this point. I know some many people who left BlackBerry for iPhone and now they see so heavily invested in their platform switch they are in denial that bb10 is a different beast.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-24-13 01:33 PM
    AAPL is the most hyped stock in the world - and is kept artificially high..

NO stock grows indefinite - and one day it will drop like a rock.. That is the day AAPL need good products
    In a general statement I could get to agree with you.

In my post I mostly pointed out that investors that may hold BlackBerry portfolios also can play to down the stock trying to manipulate demand or push people off when in historic low. This can be worked towards consolidation and redistribution of portfolio followed by a high increase... We could talk about inside trading and legal ethical extensions but not my point.

Just trying to say that the tendency of bashing BlackBerry stock is because of apple but it may be from investors holding on BlackBerry shares as well in some circumstances. The high possibility of medium term stock increase (innovation and diversification can be reasons for boosting a stock) can be reason enough to push it down and re acquire stock. It has happened before.

Not all BlackBerry stock holders love bb, some if not most see it as a pure investment

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 01:46 PM
    [QUOTE=ErinnM;8183561]No idea! Apparently people care more about Instagram and Netflix than the actual phone, so that is probably it.[/QU

Apps are important- even for business minded people. Social Media has become a huge tool for small and large business alike. I love my Z10 but social media and other apps need to make their way to the BlackBerry platform. That's why BlackBerry has been pushing for new app developers so hard. They know it's important.

That being said I do believe the features offered by blackberry out of the box are the most important - but adding at least the most popular apps around would certainly help the platform.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 01:57 PM
    The masses don t care about gestures. They care that after spending all this dough they have a device that can do it all. When your missing a lot off apps and launch with other people's apps...you know something isn't all its cracked up to be also.
    Well, we could discuss the apps issue even though I was making a friendly comment to a specific member who just got her new phone.

Also the "Other people's Apps" I do not understand what it refers to.

For me the phone has the vast majority of apps I need and a couple like Skype that I need/ want are coming.

I am not a business development for BlackBerry to analyze general demand but as a user I think they are doing a good job on getting apps in fast and with quality with big names coming onboard. The mere increase from 70.000 to 100.000 apps in terms of a few weeks is itself a god indications of this. BlackBerry does have a big fight on the apps front, this is a fact but if you want my opinion as a user, for my use, the Z10 is perfect for me and I prefer the Z10 with less apps than an Iphone as is for many reasons, one being that to write my numerous emails on the Z 10 it takes me waaay less time and is done with much more accuracy than any other phone.

I have many more reasons for my personal choice being bb10 but they have to do with what I want my phone to do for me.

To each his her own. I still think that the phone is personal and each person should base their choice not in logic of "Masses" but on personalized needs and meeting them. My phone has never been an issue of trend for me but rather personal needs, service, perception and liking.

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-24-13 02:00 PM
    Not everyone is bashing Z10. I went yesterday to The Source (former Radio Shack) to buy a Blue tooth hands free receiver for my car so I could use Z10 while driving. The sales guy asked me if I was in a market for a new phone. I had to disappoint him and told him that I had Z10. He was very enthusiastic about it and told me he was going to get one himself.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 02:13 PM
    I also notice the media really doesn't seem to give BB a chance. Either it be for stock, media, or the general stigmata as described by some of the members above. It really IS like everyone else that owns one says. If you can get past not having certain apps for now, and understand this IS a FRESH platform. No doubt it will gain traction, it already is better and more fluid than ANY of the my earlier gen iphones or androids were from an OS perspective.

I guess other than just telling, and showing everyone the experience of BB10, and how great it is(trust me, most my friends cant put it down when they touch it). Hit up the att webpage, BB, etc- write a review if you havent already. The more of us BB10 users we can get to spill the news over this new platform, will just in turn help the apps come faster, and more units sold, thus spreading to "the people"

Game on BB, I'm back with you, coming from an array of other flagship phones(ive only owned one BB and it was considered a failure, but I still miss it) and I dont plan on going back.
    03-24-13 03:13 PM
    2 main reasons:

1. The consumers that have used one of the old BlackBerry models where they had to reboot after every app install (remember?). If you switched from that to an iPhone 4 you will hate the BlackBerry as it wasted so much of your time.

2. At the moment there is an insane amount of (rich) people that are betting that the value of the BBRY stock will go down, they are "short" on the stock. We are talking a total of 147 million shares that are short at the moment.
    These guys are big players that have lots of friends in media and they are purposely pushing negative information about BlackBerry because when people believe them and the stock price does go down they earn a lot of money.

It will take some time before people realize that the new BlackBerry is really a new device with a new OS.
    Everyone I showed my Z10 really liked it, some even said they would buy it for sure.
    03-24-13 03:26 PM
    Those who can should post links to the Z10 user comments in the comments of those articles that are clearly misinformed or misleading. Counter the weak commentaries with strong user feedback, those who venture far enough into the article must be wanting to learn so give them another place to look to get real life information.
    03-24-13 10:45 PM
    [QUOTE=MrP;8184655]
    No idea! Apparently people care more about Instagram and Netflix than the actual phone, so that is probably it.[/QU

Apps are important- even for business minded people. Social Media has become a huge tool for small and large business alike. I love my Z10 but social media and other apps need to make their way to the BlackBerry platform. That's why BlackBerry has been pushing for new app developers so hard. They know it's important.

That being said I do believe the features offered by blackberry out of the box are the most important - but adding at least the most popular apps around would certainly help the platform.

Posted via CB10
    It's not like they aren't trying. I believe these apps will come, but the phone just came out. Hopefully Skype gets here by the end of the month.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    03-24-13 10:48 PM
    [QUOTE=ErinnM;8187965]

It's not like they aren't trying. I believe these apps will come, but the phone just came out. Hopefully Skype gets here by the end of the month.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    I agree - I just hope you're correct and they do eventually get here... that is my only concern.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:59 PM
    People don't respect BBRY because they where late to the party.

As a matter of fact they missed the first 3 parties and just showed up to the first one.

They are behind in the smartphone world. Android and iOS have built a solid mindshare.. and their ecosystems are excellent.

BBRY has a long road because their ecosystem is seriously lacking compared to the others.

I honestly don't know how they catch the others.. or even get close. I like the Z10.. but if I am being honest they have a looooooong road ahead of them

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:59 PM
    Not so fast, why is samsung, Toyota, Nissan and on and on selling so well here? Not sure why the media here has a hate on for BBRY though.
    Please tell me what os Samsung uses....oh right one owned by a US corporation.
    03-26-13 01:22 PM
39 12