Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
Like Tree28Likes
  1. samcully's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Why is everyone bashing blackberry?

    I am a blackberry user and have been for the last six years except for the last six months. I have been using a white iphone 4 on Verizon 8gb storage and it is terrible from the auto correct to the lack of LTE hardware and I hate it. What I would like to know is some of your thoughts on why people such as tech reviewers and people watching the company write such terrible stories about blackberry? I've been telling some of my close friend about the blackberry and I think there are only two who take me seriously. Just because blackberry is not at the top of the food chain why must we hate on them so profusely?

    P.S. I'm going to my local Verizon store on launch day to mess with the sales people by asking about a new device. Now that I think about it last time I went to the Verizon store to inquire about the Z10 the bozo sales rep proclaimed how "few" people use the blackberry and tried to sell me a droid! You think I care how many people use the blackberry? This is preposterous, just sell me dang blackberry...
    1REDRUM and SDTRMG like this.
  2. ErinnM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,605 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    No idea! Apparently people care more about Instagram and Netflix than the actual phone, so that is probably it.
    New York Yankees lovee.
    @eringaith
    instagram.com/erinmmg
    currentodysseys and SDTRMG like this.
  3. currentodysseys's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,407 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    ...well I hope this thread ends up well. All this has been talked over, shouted, over and discussed over a lot and especially in these forums

    If I really had to sum up I would say some of the reasons are:

    market - stock market economic reasons, lack of marketing, common perception, mainstream beliefs, lack of knowledge of facts and/or features of BB10, because BB10 has something that really matters, out of fanboysm, just because, limited perception and denial (not in that or any other order really). Also some cases are really "hurt and affected ex BB users that were 'brutally maltreated' before they got divorced'" hahaha.

    I think these are some of the basic reasons that people bash BB for, others with an agenda, others just out of perceptions, and...

    others because they just hate its guts because the outer-galaxy transferred particals of dust to earth with hatered embeded in them and able to infest the human cells.
    Common logic was introduced in order to balance the absurdity of common perception, then we invented marketing and messed it all up again.

    BarBerryan by choice
    kbz1960 and R Field like this.
  4. currentodysseys's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,407 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErinnM View Post
    No idea! Apparently people care more about Instagram and Netflix than the actual phone, so that is probably it.
    Hahaha you just got yours and cannot understand what the negative vibe is all about no? The force IS strong with this one... it really wins you over... try using another phone in about a week and you will see how annoying it will be that simple "logical" gestures that make sence, will not work on other phones.

    All best regards.
    Common logic was introduced in order to balance the absurdity of common perception, then we invented marketing and messed it all up again.

    BarBerryan by choice
    kbz1960 and SneakyMind like this.
  5. crawlgsx's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    67 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    BB has to rebuild its image. Compare anything Pre-Z10 to the last 2-3 years worth of smartphones and, well can you blame anyone for thinking what they do about BB? (OK Maybe some of you BB loyalists/enthusiasts can, but...) There devices were very dated and just plain bad in comparison. Sorry if I offend anyone with that, but it IS truth. Things have changed, but it is going to take time for "the people" to see it. When you say blackberry your average person is thinking of the ovalish shaped qwerty with a small screen and no "real app store". That isn't what the masses want.

    The Z10 brings everything people DO want to the BB name, but "the people" don't know it yet and will be reluctant to jump across right away. Then you get the masses of Fanboi's (Apple or Android) who will bash anything that isn't their own. I deal with it all the time as I switch phones a lot and have no loyalty to any company. I loved my Lumia 920 Windows Phone but I had to listen to every iPhone, Android, and even some Blackberry owners tell me how terrible my phone was and hate on it, when A.) they had never tried it and B.) they were talking nothing more than pure BS based on their own uninformed opinion and bias of their own device.

    In my opinion as an "outsider" to the BB world (Z10 is my first BB device) I think the Z10 is amazing and will gain traction. It does still need apps but that will come as the user base grows and the developers see the potential.
    Chris D.
    ATT | BlackBerry Z10
    Previously - Note II, Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 920, ATT GS3, Note N7000, Skyrocket, Infuse 4g, Inspire 4g , Atrix 4g, iPhone 4, iPhone 3gs, iPhone, HTC 8525
    Thanked by 2:
    Grumblegrumble (03-24-2013),  samcully (06-24-2013) 
    ky77 and Grumblegrumble like this.
  6. ray689's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,358 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    The simple answer is because it's not an American company and most of the media out there is American. Sad but true.

    Posted via CB10
    Sent from my Z30
    sonicwheeler, ibpluto and stots like this.
  7. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    66,904 Posts
    Global Posts
    67,059 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ray689 View Post
    The simple answer is because it's not an American company and most of the media out there is American. Sad but true.

    Posted via CB10
    Not so fast, why is samsung, Toyota, Nissan and on and on selling so well here? Not sure why the media here has a hate on for BBRY though.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
  8. ray689's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,358 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    That doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of the population will just listen to what the main stream media has to say and not bother doing their own research.

    Posted via CB10
    Sent from my Z30
  9. ibpluto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,066 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    It is strange indeed. The device is excellent. It is easy to list where it is better than many of its competitors on so many metrics (not saying it's perfect). Many of the negative review will list the positives but dismiss them, or gloss over them all together.

    If you review actual buyer reviews, it paints a completely different picture. People using this phone seem to absolutely love it and let's be real, what's not to love?

    I think there is clearly an agenda, I just can't figure out what it is or why. I think, if I had to guess, it is mostly due to the shorting on the stock. If BlackBerry takes off, there are a lot of very wealthy people that stand to lose a lot of money.

    Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    jvictor77 likes this.
  10. currentodysseys's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,407 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibpluto View Post
    It is strange indeed. The device is excellent. It is easy to list where it is better than many of its competitors on so many metrics (not saying it's perfect). Many of the negative review will list the positives but dismiss them, or gloss over them all together.

    If you review actual buyer reviews, it paints a completely different picture. People using this phone seem to absolutely love it and let's be real, what's not to love?

    I think there is clearly an agenda, I just can't figure out what it is or why. I think, if I had to guess, it is mostly due to the shorting on the stock. If BlackBerry takes off, there are a lot of very wealthy people that stand to lose a lot of money.

    Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10

    On the stock issue it is not always the "enemies" doing harm... many really wealthy people can get even wealthier if the stock goes down as well... money in stock market only understands money and money tries to buy and is controlled by power...
    Common logic was introduced in order to balance the absurdity of common perception, then we invented marketing and messed it all up again.

    BarBerryan by choice
    Thanked by:
    Grumblegrumble (03-24-2013) 
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
  11. PatrickMJS's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,799 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Blackberries came out over 10 years ago in a totally different era. Most people were given cellphones by their employers and it was kind of like a ball and chain.

    Hardworking employees were seen as glued to their blackberries, responding mostly to business matters, interrupting family time etc. The IT department took care of any glitches.

    Back then, it was a heck of lot better than everyone else's flip phones and feature phones.

    The blackberry devices were durable, highly secure, efficient with data at a time when data was expensive, and very short on "fun" apps. When I was done with my corporate messages, the last thing I wanted to do was turn to the phone for a game or Internet browsing. That was 2000 - 2007.

    Flash forward to the 2007,8,9,10 period and a lot of cool youngsters picked up the new iphones and Androids with a lot of fun apps, no corporate tether, no emphasis on email (lots of youngsters rarely use it), and it took until 2010 for the Torch to come out.

    So its no surprise a lot of people have been and continue to moan about BlackBerry. It will take a lot for them to change their minds and most probably never will.

    But for those willing to take a look at an alternative, the Z10 is indeed awesome. The venerable Financial Times of London has said BlackBerry has now "Out-Appled" Apple and described the Z10 as an amazing device.

    Let the bad press continue... Not too long now until the hipsters and BlackBerry bashers are won over, or at least some of them, the smarter ones.

    Posted via CB10
    Patrick from Calgary
    ------------------------------
    Z10 STL100-3, OS version 10.2.1.2941
    PB 64 GB, OS version 2.1.0.1917
  12. Morten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,236 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,237 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask nicely
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by currentodysseys View Post
    On the stock issue it is not always the "enemies" doing harm... many really wealthy people can get even wealthier if the stock goes down as well... money in stock market only understands money and money tries to buy and is controlled by power...
    AAPL is the most hyped stock in the world - and is kept artificially high..

    NO stock grows indefinite - and one day it will drop like a rock.. That is the day AAPL need good products
  13. hbelkin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    418 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    All my kids use iPhones, whereas I've been solid Blackberry since the first pagers. The other day I sent a wifi password to one of my sons in a text message. He asked if I could send it again without the surrounding text so he could cut and paste it. I asked why he doesn't just cut the password out of the message ... and he said "I can't cut part of a message, just the whole thing". The sort of things we just take for granted on Blackberry!
    Grumblegrumble and ErinnM like this.
  14. the_game969's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    618 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Maybe because they still secretly consider blackberry a threat and don't understand how it's not dead yet.

    Posted via CB10
  15. southlander's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,176 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,177 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMJS View Post
    Blackberries came out over 10 years ago in a totally different era. Most people were given cellphones by their employers and it was kind of like a ball and chain.
    yep. for a lot of people blackberry is that phone your company kept tabs on you with or the phone your old a hole bosses had.

    Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
  16. thurask's Avatar

    Posts
    6,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,943 Global Posts
    PIN
    C001230B3
    #16  

    Default

    Because Sturgeon's Law applies to tech journalists.
    tool belt (n.): A belt for tools
  17. ibpluto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,066 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by currentodysseys View Post
    On the stock issue it is not always the "enemies" doing harm... many really wealthy people can get even wealthier if the stock goes down as well... money in stock market only understands money and money tries to buy and is controlled by power...
    That's what I was saying. There are a lot people that stand to do well if BlackBerry fails. Or those same people lose if it goes up.

    Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
  18. ED1209's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    244 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Too funny, I will be doing the same thing... I will walk in just to see what they will try to push on me.. BlackBerry Z10 all the way...
  19. swade86's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM if you want it...
    #19  

    Default

    I've experienced this bashing in Jamaica. I've seen people spend thousands of dollars (Jamaican Currency) on the newest Blackberry as soon as it touches shore. Many do so JUST to be seen with the newest phone and the fact it costs alot and in the first week I see them complain after the phone maybe froze once or they did something wrong to it and it stopped working. All you see are "f*** blackberry i want an iphone" or "bb sucks" etc..on social networks. Funny thing is, when some get an iphone or droid they complain the same way. It's cool if a bb may not satisfy your phone needs but bashing it when you're justing following a crowd? Stop it. I've been a user since 2009 and even though I like the competition I'd still own a BB because it works for me too. I can't stand the bashing, especially from hypebeasts.
    BB since 2009
  20. raysgrumpy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ray689 View Post
    The simple answer is because it's not an American company and most of the media out there is American. Sad but true.

    Posted via CB10
    Interesting. I guess Samsung being a Korean company and being the leader in smart phone sales never crossed your mind?
  21. goldie335's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    237 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by currentodysseys View Post
    Hahaha you just got yours and cannot understand what the negative vibe is all about no? The force IS strong with this one... it really wins you over... try using another phone in about a week and you will see how annoying it will be that simple "logical" gestures that make sence, will not work on other phones.

    All best regards.
    The masses don t care about gestures. They care that after spending all this dough they have a device that can do it all. When your missing a lot off apps and launch with other people's apps...you know something isn't all its cracked up to be also.
  22. tgjb's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    PIN
    2815A7D5
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hbelkin View Post
    "I can't cut part of a message, just the whole thing". The sort of things we just take for granted on Blackberry!
    Under BB10 you cannot paste into a password field... So I prefer to copy the whole, paste it and then remove additional text than to type a full secure network key...


    Posted via CB10 for iPhone.
    BlackBerry 9700, 9900, Z10, Q10 and other mobile gadgets (iPhone EDGE, 3G, 4, 4S & 5, iPod Touch v1, iPad 2)
  23. Lehomer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    282 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Presenting............Samsung !!!!!!!!!!!
    **Ultimate GS3 sudden death thread** - xda-developers


    Quote Originally Posted by raysgrumpy View Post
    Interesting. I guess Samsung being a Korean company and being the leader in smart phone sales never crossed your mind?
  24. stots's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    736 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ray689 View Post
    The simple answer is because it's not an American company and most of the media out there is American. Sad but true.

    Posted via CB10
    I bet if you asked most Americans they would have noooooooooooooooooooooo idea BlackBerry was a Canadian company. I think a lot of the hate stems from the following that Apple has, and the not willing to give another platform a go (jealousy or fanboy) and let's face it, BlackBerry has dropped the ball over the last couple of years. I would hope Americans would not be hating on a Canadian company as we support your companies hugely up here. We due over a billion dollars of trade with you guys everyday. Let's not forget you are most Canadians vacation destination. God Bless America! Just bless Canada a little more

    BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    Last edited by stots; 03-24-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    Thanked by:
    ch_deepali (04-02-2013) 
  25. Morten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,236 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,237 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask nicely
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swade86 View Post
    I've experienced this bashing in Jamaica. I've seen people spend thousands of dollars (Jamaican Currency) on the newest Blackberry as soon as it touches shore. Many do so JUST to be seen with the newest phone and the fact it costs alot and in the first week I see them complain after the phone maybe froze once or they did something wrong to it and it stopped working.
    you are right...

    and the most crying - is from users who can't really afford a smartphone in the first place...

    the same goes for those who want one single device to do it all... because they cannot afford to get different devices..

    But this is what happens when you target the "general public" in all countries... they just don't get it...

    it's just as computers .. If you need to use programs available for Windows - you get a Windows capable machine, if the apps you need only runs on OSX - then you get an OSX machine... if you need both apps - you get both machines - it is just as simple as that

    If you need a truck - you go get a truck - but if it's a sportscar you want - you get that.. if you want to show off - you get a nice Bugatti Veyron,.. but that Bugatti is not capable of transporting your whole family to your winter cabin in the mountains...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why is everyone reporting this fake site
    By kennyl10 in forum Android
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 04:24 PM
  2. Why is everyone mad???
    By F3AR in forum Storm Rants & Raves Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 09:58 PM
  3. Why is everyone so angry?
    By y0diggity in forum Apple iPhone/iPad
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 11:15 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 01:07 AM
  5. Why is it called Blackberry?
    By hmj5009 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions