This is growing to be absurd. It's March 5th and the US doesn't even have a date. What the heck? Maybe they should have just went with one carrier that actually supported them rather than 3.5 carriers who don't.
    03-05-13 09:18 AM
    Because if they gave one and then one of the carriers screwed it up, then people would claim that BlackBerry failed again on releasing their product on time.
    03-05-13 09:21 AM
    When <insert carrier of choice> is ready to give a date.
    03-05-13 09:22 AM
    Good question, I'm surprised no one else has asked it.

Posted via CB10
    nquyen likes this.
    03-05-13 09:27 AM
    WOW! I must say Blackberry users are really spoiled . Those of us on Android waiting to come back to BB10 know this is very normal. I remember when the HTC Sensation was released in Europe, it took a couple of months before it saw these shores. Same with the Samsung Galaxy and a few other Android phones. Actually some of them never make it Stateside and they sell very well in Europe. The only underlying factor here? ... CARRIERS! So be patient, they will announce it eventually. But I want to assure you, this is normal. Now T-mobile bring me my white Zed10! Yeah, I called it Zed!
    joe.miller likes this.
    03-05-13 09:32 AM
    Have to have a product for US carriers to release. Rogers and AT&T use the same phone, why doesnt AT&T have any yet? VZW uses CDMA which means it is unique compared the rest of the world so it makes sense VZW doesnt have any. At the rate this is going BB is going to compete head to head against a new Galaxy phone set to launch in New York mid-to late March, and if Samsung does it right, they will hype the phone and have it available while it is in everyones mind, not 2-3 months later.
    03-05-13 09:42 AM
    It seems that most carriers are announcing launch dates only 1 or 2 days beforehand. Personally I'm waiting for an unlocked Q10 from T-mobile. My trusty 9800 is still holding strong for the time being.
    03-05-13 09:42 AM
    Some folks sure do feel entitled.... They would not do well in the land of Android.... In that far away land ... depending on the device you live want.......there saying about updates and new releases " tjhere are two chances of getting the update or device I want when I want it... Slim to none and Slim might be out of town"...... I have Android devices that have "NEVER" seen an update... conversely sometimes a new device just appears at the Carrirer.... So for me... if you have to wait... it should make the experience when you get a device that much sweeter.....
    03-05-13 10:01 AM
    As others have conjectured, there may be some behind the scenes scrambling to get a few high-profile apps into BBWorld before any US Carrier releases, to avoid being pilloried in the tech press. Since BBRY can't directly control those things, they could be telling the carriers to sit tight. The carriers have an interest in this, since they will want to minimize this kind of in-store dialogue:

"Can I do <Skype/Instagram/WordsWithFriends/etc> on one of these?"
    "Not yet, but it's coming soon."

Just a guess.
    03-05-13 10:32 AM
    I was in an AT&T corporate store yesterday concerning another matter and asked about the Z10. The girl was familiar with it and was excited about it but she said all she knows is that it is "coming soon". She said their internal site just says "coming soon". I still believe if one of the carrier can actually have the phone available for more than a week to 10 days in advance of the others they will get the benefit of all the over anxious jumping ship and coming to them. It seems no carrier wants to try to beat the others to the starting line.
    03-05-13 11:38 AM
    I was in Best Buy and Target yesterday (March 4) and while the associates I spoke with knew of the Z10, and had heard good things about it, they had no idea when their stores would have them. They said that they received an announcement at most one week before the phones showed up in the stores.
    03-05-13 11:46 AM
    Sorry but the white Zed10(like mine) will only be available for Verizon mobile in the states.
    03-05-13 11:51 AM
    This is really killing the hype about the phone....if there is no announcement about the z10 before the galaxy s 4 announces, then you can kiss a succesful us launch goodbye. The z10 cannot compete with the s4 heads on and bb needs to release info on the us launch NOW so people don't get ancy and jump ship to the s4
    frifred likes this.
    03-05-13 12:13 PM
    As for updates, either for my wifes android, or my 9810, I never wait for the carrier always have rooted, and updated os long before att ever releases the updates.

I am expecting Z10 at the end of the month, the contest that will give you a free Z10 from your carrier decides the winner I think on march 28th. So I suspect it won't be released till then.

It is nice how the writers got there Z10 and they no longer care when it will be released, they got there's so no one else seems to matter, if we did, they would be bugging the carriers to get an actual release date.

It would not surprise me to see the GS4 released before Z10. I can see samsung paying carriers to push a device out asap.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-05-13 12:25 PM
    The way BB has handled this U.S. launch will allow the Z10 to only be a flash in the pan. Long term sales and market penetration in the States
    has been greatly curtailed.

No matter who the cause of the delay is/was, BB did not anticipate the issue. Its not like they haven't made and marketed phones before.

The CDMA FCC delay messed them up. While a few carriers might be holding things up on their own, the inability for Verizon to launch along side
    its competition was vital. No CDMA for Verizon, thus BB could not let the other U.S. carriers launch.

Now that the FCC has blessed the CDMA phone the cork has been removed from the bottle. But some damage has been done.

No one could expect one or two new phones to change BB's fortunes but still not being able to pull off a "coordinated" launch brings
    back bad feelings and shows that RIM is still present within Blackberry.

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 03-05-13 at 01:44 PM.
    03-05-13 12:30 PM
    Sorry but the white Zed10(like mine) will only be available for Verizon mobile in the states.
    True only from operators, not true in open market (distributor I know is getting 500+ white next week) You won't get it subsidized though.
    03-05-13 12:44 PM
    I always thought that they said the middle of march

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 12:51 PM
    I always thought that they said the middle of march

Posted via CB10
    Too a point I agree, but I do not think it was plan "A".

The launch event came off left footed. Missing something. I have seen this before. More like felt it before.

I think they were thinking all phones would be ready and have a large world wide roll out. But the FCC just releasing the CDMA version held everything back.

Some have said Mid March and they may be right in the end, but I think it is more a plan "B" or even "C"..

Tim
    03-05-13 01:05 PM
    Yes, a single carrier launch worked SOOOO well for the Lumia 920...
    hiya1987 likes this.
    03-05-13 01:16 PM
    AT&T And Verizon can be very stubborn. But they are the biggest so BlackBerry is at their mercy for now.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 01:19 PM
    N4BB is reporting a launch date of March 11th for business customers and March 27th for consumers on T-Mobile

http://n4bb.com/mobile-launch-z10-business-march-11th/
    03-05-13 01:32 PM
    Oh I thought you guys already know it! It is ( Coming Soon) just hang on there, it is coming in this month as they said you have waited long and finally it is coming.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 01:34 PM
    They are building up the stock levels.
    You wouldn't want what happened over here to happen over there.
    03-05-13 01:50 PM
    It was my understanding that it was a "launch exclusive" to verizon. Which means Verizon will have it a few weeks to months before the other carriers. I could be wrong though, but I will wait and see.
    03-05-13 02:14 PM
    Some folks sure do feel entitled.... They would not do well in the land of Android.... In that far away land ... depending on the device you live want.......there saying about updates and new releases " tjhere are two chances of getting the update or device I want when I want it... Slim to none and Slim might be out of town"...... I have Android devices that have "NEVER" seen an update... conversely sometimes a new device just appears at the Carrirer.... So for me... if you have to wait... it should make the experience when you get a device that much sweeter.....
    +1 on "never see an update". After a while you get used to the "idea", scratch that, fact that even though your Android phone was release 6 months ago, you are never going to get the new Android update that was released three months after your phone.
    03-05-13 02:17 PM
26 12