I was wondering why dont we have photo contests, since we have a lot of ppl posting images? 1 photo contest monthly, and winner can take all fame...?
    We have capable shooter in Z10, and it is always welcome to think of anything else here beside "closing BB", or android runtime, or bbm...
    Terser Nori likes this.
    09-26-13 12:27 PM
    It does sound like a good idea, but with the number of photos posted that would be a pretty intense job for someone to do.
    And what would the criteria be? No matter what, it would be too discretionary. If I was in charge, one of my pictures would win every week
    09-26-13 01:17 PM
    I think it's a great idea considering soon there won't be anything else to talk about other than reminiscing.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    09-26-13 01:20 PM
    Do a poll. Have all photos, 1 submission per user, in by week 1 and then have people vote.. not sure how the polls work on the site but if there was a way you couldn't vote on your own. Then just have a theme every month. Ie. This month we want perspective shots... just an idea

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 01:21 PM
    Doesn't Android Central do this? They must have some secret as to how they do it!
    09-26-13 01:24 PM
    Cb giving out prizes to winners?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 02:14 PM
    Seems like it would be fun. How about a cash pool from from contestants for the prizes? A $1.00 first time entry fee, or have the prizes donated by forum members.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 03:05 PM
    Kevin, please look into this !
    09-26-13 03:15 PM
    I can suggest the rules:

1: Pictures must be taken with a Z10 by contestant
    2: You may change your entry, but only once
    3: No archive photos and photos must be taken in according month
    4: Post full size photo on some image hosting site (flickr, imageshack, whatever...), and link it with thumbnail to forum
    5: Post processing of your picture is not allowed, except HDR mode in phone
    6. 3 days before end of the month, accepting of photos stops and poll is opened for 3 days for voting for best entry of the month (photos are always posted on first post in thread by OP/mod)
    7. Winner has the privilege to choose topic for next month
    8. It would be nice that CB joins contests with some kind of sponsorship(discounts, free apps to winners, or whatever thay can think of)

Any thoughts?
    09-26-13 03:40 PM
    I can suggest the rules:

1: Pictures must be taken with a Z10 by contestant
    2: You may change your entry, but only once
    3: No archive photos and photos must be taken in according month
    4: Post full size photo on some image hosting site (flickr, imageshack, whatever...), and link it with thumbnail to forum
    5: Post processing of your picture is not allowed, except HDR mode in phone
    6. 3 days before end of the month, accepting of photos stops and poll is opened for 3 days for voting for best entry of the month (photos are always posted on first post in thread by OP/mod)
    7. Winner has the privilege to choose topic for next month
    8. It would be nice that CB joins contests with some kind of sponsorship(discounts, free apps to winners, or whatever thay can think of)

Any thoughts?
    You forgot another rule. No extreme closeup of body parts and asking people to guess what it is. ie. foreskin

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    09-26-13 05:00 PM