Hi,

Viewing most websites seems fine, however I often get the back button going missing only to be replaced by a picture of a door sign on the right hand side at the bottom of the browser Window, why is this happening?

It makes browsing websites awkward at times.

Mike.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:14 PM
    Are you tapping the address bar?
    If not, it might be some weird coding in the website that focuses on to the address bar.

Which website is that?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:14 PM
    Hi,

Mostlyaudio.com

Strange how it only happens to certain websites.

Mike.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:40 PM
    I've found that the 'back' button disappears on any Web page if I leave it open for days.. leaving it in tabs in the Active frame. Then when I go back to it, and it reloads the page the 'back' is gone.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:46 PM
    This happens to me as well. Somewhat regularly as well. You're unable to access tabs and anything really, so you have to restart the browser. It's uber annoying. Seems intermittent as well, sometimes it'll happen, sometimes it wont. Really hope this gets addressed.

Edit: I've had this happen across numerous OS releases as well, so it's not just problematic on one particular OS.
    06-02-13 01:50 PM
    It's very easy to replicate this:
    Open up the browser then tap on the url; the keyboard will pop up and the "door" symbol will show up to the right of the address bar.

Tap on the door icon and it will revert to the normal browser icon.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:58 PM
    I just assumed that the phone was trying to save/reallocate memory.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 02:00 PM
    When this occurs on mine I'm unable to tap on the door and have it revert back to normal. Tapping on the door does nothing, I have to close and reopen the browser to correct it.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 02:40 PM
    When this occurs on mine I'm unable to tap on the door and have it revert back to normal. Tapping on the door does nothing, I have to close and reopen the browser to correct it.

Posted via CB10
    I can't reproduce the problem. It doesn't randomly appear.
    As for normal usage, Clicking on the backdoor button always restores the back button.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 03:22 PM
    I've found that the 'back' button disappears on any Web page if I leave it open for days.. leaving it in tabs in the Active frame. Then when I go back to it, and it reloads the page the 'back' is gone.

Posted via CB10
    My guess is that that happens because the browser loses its cache (history for the specific session) if it idles for too long. I might be wrong but it's my guess.
    06-02-13 03:43 PM
    It's not a door, it's a scroll indicator. If shows you that you are viewing the right side of the url, and touching it should scroll left to the normal bar view which includes the options. It allows you to view and enter long urls that otherwise would scroll off the bar. If you click on the url bar to type in a url, it should present that view.

Posted via CB10
    mujahid 10 and byantika like this.
    06-02-13 03:48 PM
    My guess is that that happens because the browser loses its cache (history for the specific session) if it idles for too long. I might be wrong but it's my guess.
    Sounds about right! Not a big deal at all.. sometimes just an annoyance. Thx.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 03:52 PM
    Yeah I had that problem. Cleared history and cache and all was right in the world again.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 05:16 PM
    Interesting. I just had this happen to me on one of the pages in html5demo.com
    Must be something that is jlnot supported causing the browser to mess up.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 08:07 PM