Am not knowledgeable as to the Application permission requests I am getting upon installation of certain apps. What is normal? What is unnecessary? Should I be concerned about malware or one of these apps stealing my info?

As an example, I just installed a Barcode reading application. Upon completion of installation it wanted access to: my PIN, my contacts, my camera, my BBM, the Internet and my other applications. I understand the need to interact with the Camera, but the other stuff just seems creepy. In fact, the app wouldn't even load without being able to connect to BBM.

Any suggestions as to what more experienced Blackberry users allow access to on their devices?

Thanks in advance.
    04-01-13 03:49 PM
    same concern here... these are probably anroid ports and haven't been configured... That's my 2 cents... But hopefully someone more knowledgable could offer solid advice.
    04-01-13 04:04 PM
    I asked about this for the Songza app. They replied:

"First and foremost please be advised that Songza does not use or access any of your personal data. The reason that these permissions are required is because our app is actually an Android app, the permissions that we ask for on Android translate into the Blackberry system by using the shared file permission. This said, we don't actually access any of your personal data."

Posted via CB10
    bros3n likes this.
    04-01-13 04:09 PM